Page 2827 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 18272327272727772817282528262827282828292837287729273327 ... LastLast
Results 56,521 to 56,540 of 67755
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Bah humbug?
    You going to hand out bags of grass clippings?

I just did a power raking of my long driveway. They are forecasting thunderstorms this evening, so will be lucky if we get more than 5 trick-or-treaters. Which means I am stuck with a ton of Butterfingers and Nestle Crunch. YES. this IS bad b/c I am not a fan of either of these. Wishing I had stocked up on the REE' suhs and dark chocolate Kit Kats instead.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I just did a power raking of my long driveway. They are forecasting thunderstorms this evening, so will be lucky if we get more than 5 trick-or-treaters. Which means I am stuck with a ton of Butterfingers and Nestle Crunch. YES. this IS bad b/c I am not a fan of either of these. Wishing I had stocked up on the REE' suhs and dark chocolate Kit Kats instead.
    I read this "I just did a power ranking of my long driveway"

It's possible I read too many sports websites.

#5 - Leaves, they've really been impress these last few weeks and moved up the charts
    #4 - Ice - been quiet these last 9 months, but I suspect they will be making a move soon
    #3 - Acorns - dropping into the third spot after peaking at #2
    #2 - Gravel - very solid driveway material. Just can't get over the hump to the top spot
    #1 - Concrete - the king, can't be bested.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I "ran" a 5k in Harvard (the town) yesterday. It was a trail race. Important lesson learned - I am not a trail runner. That said, I have run a few trail races before but none like this one, roots, leaves, rocks. I took wonky steps that tested my ankles three times in the first half mile so I said, "Nope". I walked the rest of it, slowly. It wasn't all that easy a walk. But, I finished, so Harvard, #65 - check! I did not injure an ankle but I'm sure I would have if I'd kept trying to run.

Does power raking get you a nice crest in the middle for proper drainage? Had to re-do my gravel driveway five years ago after the 500 downed trees debacle, and it ended up costing a pretty penny...two dump trucks of so called Sure Pack, and a fair amount of grooming...as for the Trick or Treaters, we haven't had any in the past 10 years, all the local kids grew up and we're too remote for anyone else. All the candy is for me. (some years ago I bought one of those humongous Costco bags of mini bars...Hersheys almond, milk, dark chocolate...and no one showed up. )

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Does power raking get you a nice crest in the middle for proper drainage? Had to re-do my gravel driveway five years ago after the 500 downed trees debacle, and it ended up costing a pretty penny...two dump trucks of so called Sure Pack, and a fair amount of grooming...as for the Trick or Treaters, we haven't had any in the past 10 years, all the local kids grew up and we're too remote for anyone else. All the candy is for me. (some years ago I bought one of those humongous Costco bags of mini bars...Hersheys almond, milk, dark chocolate...and no one showed up. )
    I have 8 bags of candy ready for tonight. I will probably only give out 6 bags worth but I'd rather have too much than not enough. The weather is absolutely perfect for trick-or-treating, high 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have 8 bags of candy ready for tonight. I will probably only give out 6 bags worth but I'd rather have too much than not enough. The weather is absolutely perfect for trick-or-treating, high 60s.
    We too are having ridiculously warm and wonderful weather...the past few months have been remarkable, and for the past two weeks temps have been 10-15 degrees above normal..

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I read this "I just did a power ranking of my long driveway"

It's possible I read too many sports websites.

#5 - Leaves, they've really been impress these last few weeks and moved up the charts
    #4 - Ice - been quiet these last 9 months, but I suspect they will be making a move soon
    #3 - Acorns - dropping into the third spot after peaking at #2
    #2 - Gravel - very solid driveway material. Just can't get over the hump to the top spot
    #1 - Concrete - the king, can't be bested.
    Blacktop circular drive. No lawn, all trees. Lots of leaves, pine straw, acorns, pine cones, twigs/branches, you name it. It was a workout.

Blacktop circular drive. No lawn, all trees. Lots of leaves, pine straw, acorns, pine cones, twigs/branches, you name it. It was a workout.
    I am confused. How do you "power rake" a blacktop driveway...the power rakes with which I am familiar have long nasty metal teeth and would be deemed not appropriate for blacktop.

What a wet miserable Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What a wet miserable Halloween.
    Cloudy here, but otherwise a pleasant evening.

Light showers here, coming and going. Oodles and oodles of kids. We've already gone through 8 good-sized bags for well over a hundred kids.

The rain hasn't slowed their demand for processed sugar! And as in recent years, gummy/fruity stuff is more popular than chocolate here, about three to one.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Light showers here, coming and going. Oodles and oodles of kids. We've already gone through 8 good-sized bags for well over a hundred kids.

The rain hasn't slowed their demand for processed sugar! And as in recent years, gummy/fruity stuff is more popular than chocolate here, about three to one.

-jk
    In Winnipeg where it is surprisingly 48 degrees, so kids are all over the place trick or treating. Frequently these guys have to have costumes over snow bibs.

We were the only family out on our street. Phillies game postponed, 0 trick-or-treaters, we just took the kids to 4 neighbors' houses right around us.

Then we watched the first episode of White Lotus 2. Delightful.

Around 70 trick or treaters for me. I haven't blown out the pumpkin yet but I will in a few minutes. I usually wait until 9pm but I rarely get anybody after about 8:40pm.

I am confused. How do you "power rake" a blacktop driveway...the power rakes with which I am familiar have long nasty metal teeth and would be deemed not appropriate for blacktop.
    By "power-raking", I meant I used my big plastic rake to double-time it so I could get it done during my lunch break. And I was pooped. Sorry, I did not know "power rake" was a real thing!

rake.jpg

Rookie move. Never buy candy that you don’t like.

Take a trip to Walmart today. Get your preferred candy at 50% off. But go early before the rush. The good stuff goes quickly.

By "power-raking", I meant I used my big plastic rake to double-time it so I could get it done during my lunch break. And I was pooped. Sorry, I did not know "power rake" was a real thing!

rake.jpg
    Ah. Not quite the mega rake I had envisioned!

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Rookie move. Never buy candy that you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Take a trip to Walmart today. Get your preferred candy at 50% off. But go early before the rush. The good stuff goes quickly.
    I bought the good stuff for me, but just a bag of each. I only had 8 kids come by, so there is a lot of the crappy stuff left. A large obnoxious group was out in the road long after I had turned my lights out, and I could have unloaded a bunch there, but they are REALLY obnoxious so I decided to keep the lights out. These people actually had their kids out even after the thunder and lighting had begun. Unbelievable.