Page 2604 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 16042104250425542594260226032604260526062614265427043104 ... LastLast
Results 52,061 to 52,080 of 67680
    It is a tex mex kind of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Regarding TarHeel fans: whether they went to school there or not, the fans I can't stand are the ones who would rather see Duke lose than Carolina win. Yes, I'm the kind of fan who loves it when Duke wins and Carolina loses, but if my choices are Duke wins and Carolina wins or Duke loses and Carolina loses, then let 'em both win.

The other kind of fan I hate are those that will not, not even begrudingly, give Duke their due. Coach K is the GOAT and if a UNC fan wants to claim that no, Dean Smith is, fine, but if they aren't willing to then say Coach K is number 2, they are delusional beyond the point of being rational and I hate that.
    I took my 78 yo mom to the grocery store like I have been doing most Saturday AMs. This old fart in a Tar Heel cap started talking smack to my mom b/c she was wearing a Duke mask, and shirt and jacket. It was NOT good-natured, it was hostile, and he kept muttering on after we walked away. THAT is the kind of crap that I just cannot take.

He is lucky I did not have my boxing gloves with me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I took my 78 yo mom to the grocery store like I have been doing most Saturday AMs. This old fart in a Tar Heel cap started talking smack to my mom b/c she was wearing a Duke mask, and shirt and jacket. It was NOT good-natured, it was hostile, and he kept muttering on after we walked away. THAT is the kind of crap that I just cannot take.

He is lucky I did not have my boxing gloves with me.
    I am never going to talk junk to someone but I'm also not someone to approach to talk junk to under any circumstances. I have been known to ask people if I looked like the kind of person that they should...ummm mess with. But that's not the term I use.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It is a tex mex kind of day.
    Need more data...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Need more data...
    Taco Mama in Tuscaloosa. It is very good. So the beauty of Texas tex mex is they actually use good meats, whereas Mexican in the SE generally uses off cuts. Makes a huge difference. This place uses quality cuts.

Taco Mama in Tuscaloosa. It is very good. So the beauty of Texas tex mex is they actually use good meats, whereas Mexican in the SE generally uses off cuts. Makes a huge difference. This place uses quality cuts.
    our nearest good Mexican place is probably 500 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    our nearest good Mexican place is probably 500 miles away.
    Move.

Move.
    my wife is not a big Mexican food fan at all, so I might have to move alone, and that would have all sorts of drawbacks. I have been known to sneak myself the odd chimichanga from time to time...

odd chimichanga
    Great band name! Called it!

the odd chimichanga from time to time...
    Great band name! Called it!
    500 miles seems like a long way to go for a chimichanga. Or do you sneak them in on trips to other states, etc.?

What are those stages of grief???

What are those stages of grief???
    Denial, anger, chimichangas.

500 miles seems like a long way to go for a chimichanga. Or do you sneak them in on trips to other states, etc.?
    we've got some passable Mexican food around here, but very few true Mexican people who make the best stuff...the Mexicans who are here spend all their time hiding from the not so nice Border Patrol as they work their very arduous dairy farm jobs. Bad situation all around. (sorry for the digression).

I'm at whatever stage is right before chimichanga...

we've got some passable Mexican food around here, but very few true Mexican people who make the best stuff...the Mexicans who are here spend all their time hiding from the not so nice Border Patrol as they work their very arduous dairy farm jobs. Bad situation all around. (sorry for the digression).
    Yeah, here in South Central Texas we are blessed with truly good Tex-Mex and Mexican food. And no one is really too concerned with BP.

I'm at whatever stage is right before chimichanga...
    Hahaha! Guffaw!

OPK really had one heck of a honeymoon!

my wife is not a big Mexican food fan at all, so I might have to move alone, and that would have all sorts of drawbacks. I have been known to sneak myself the odd chimichanga from time to time...
    It is impossible to dislike Mexican food. She’s lying to you. And if she’s lying about that who knows what else she is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    OPK really had one heck of a honeymoon!
    Yes. He was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It is impossible to dislike Mexican food. She’s lying to you. And if she’s lying about that who knows what else she is capable of.
    This is so freaking good. And true. It is meat, veggies and cheese and some sort of spicy/delicious sauce. What's not to like?