Page 2237 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 123717372137218722272235223622372238223922472287233727373237 ... LastLast
Results 44,721 to 44,740 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I drink very little liquor anymore and have likewise trended toward beer as a greater and greater percentage of my drinking, but a wayward weekend in hospital rooms next to an, erm, cantankerous patient has me reconsidering that calculus.
    I have had to cut way back. I just don't feel good if I drink more than 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Glad to hear you are back to normal! Sorry you had to go through it.

I did have some cheese to go with my whine...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have had to cut way back. I just don't feel good if I drink more than 2 or 3.
    I drink wine and liquor pretty exclusively. I'm going to guess I average 2 shots of Scotch a year, and probably 5 glasses of wine, maybe 6. Every year.

I drink more than I smoke though. I used to average a cigarette every 3 years, but lately, it's more like one every 5 years. When I do have my quintennial (sic) cigarette, I only smoke with theater people and only when I can bum a cigarette. They are bad influences on me.

but a wayward weekend in hospital rooms next to an, erm, cantankerous patient has me reconsidering that calculus.
    There is definitely more to this story.

I drink very little liquor anymore and have likewise trended toward beer as a greater and greater percentage of my drinking, but a wayward weekend in hospital rooms next to an, erm, cantankerous patient has me reconsidering that calculus.
    you may have to transition directly into injectables. Ask your doctor now!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There is definitely more to this story.
    Yes, a lot more. The travails of being the child of an aging and somewhat high-maintenance parent…

It has taken me most of my life to give up feeling guilty about the fact that there are men who cannot keep up with me intellectually. I did not marry one of those. None of my sons are in that category either. Thank goodness.
    I know you didn't mean it to come out this way, but your language here is not elegant. My son has Down Syndrome, and he is far more popular and gracious than I will ever be. So please be clear: It isn't the lack of intellect that actually bothers you. It is the presence of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I need to get my Shingrix. Not looking forward to it. My mom had a mild case, after getting the original vaccine. She recognized the symptoms and went that day to Urgent Care, where her diagnosis was confirmed. Was put on antivirals right away. That combined with the vaccine contributed to a very mild case. But it was close to her eye, which was scary. She needs to get her Shingrix now, too.
    Get the vaccine. Neither my wife nor I got it when we should have, and shingles subsequently caused her enough nerve damage to impart permanent, partial but not-fully-correctible hearing loss. I learned the lesson and got mine. It was painful, but completely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Get the vaccine. Neither my wife nor I got it when we should have, and shingles subsequently caused her enough nerve damage to impart permanent, partial but not-fully-correctible hearing loss. I learned the lesson and got mine. It was painful, but completely worth it.
    I have every intention of getting it. Just not looking forward to it.

Get it on a Friday.

Don’t plan anything for Saturday.

No biggie.

Boar on the floor

I completely understand. I was just hoping it would help you to withstand it with the certain knowledge that it is totally worth it.

I have never consumed either a wine cooler or a Zima.
    My friend actually turned into a respectable gentleman and a contributing member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Boar on the floor
    Oooooh, next season starts in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oooooh, next season starts in October.
    Yep! We’re re-watching the first two seasons in preparation. On second viewing, I could argue for Connor Roy as the most astutely observed character even if he’s on the periphery.

The mess Kendall makes at both the board meeting and the wedding…wow, great tension-filled scenes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I know you didn't mean it to come out this way, but your language here is not elegant. My son has Down Syndrome, and he is far more popular and gracious than I will ever be. So please be clear: It isn't the lack of intellect that actually bothers you. It is the presence of attitude.
    Absolutely correct, it is not the lack of intellect that bothers me, it is the lack of respect for mine. Please accept my apologies. I have great respect for those who can be popular and gracious, in my experience they possess an ability to see the good in others most of us can only dream of having.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 08-29-2021 at 11:44 PM.

I have a question. I know I can reply to PMs in "mobile", but if I am going to send a new PM I have to go to "standard". Took me a few weeks to figure that out in the halcyon days of the Presidential Thread. Can you spork from "mobile" or do you have to go into "standard"? The reason I ask is when I spork I don't receive any indication that said spork was sent. I do have quite a few of you I can't spork because of the spork rules...which should be relaxed on this thread, because this is a small group. But just like in my home, no one cares what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have a question. I know I can reply to PMs in "mobile", but if I am going to send a new PM I have to go to "standard". Took me a few weeks to figure that out in the halcyon days of the Presidential Thread. Can you spork from "mobile" or do you have to go into "standard"? The reason I ask is when I spork I don't receive any indication that said spork was sent. I do have quite a few of you I can't spork because of the spork rules...which should be relaxed on this thread, because this is a small group. But just like in my home, no one cares what I think.
    Sporks in mobile are just the little +/- button. Feel free to practice on me.

I think you spork on mobile with the +/- button at the bottom of the post, to the left of 'Report' and 'Quote'.
    Last edited by grad_devil; 08-30-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: As always, MD beat me to it.

First day of school today.

My colleague had to have a kidney removed somewhat unexpectedly so I'm teaching his courses in addition to mine. That means my 0.15 posts/day is about to drop precipitously.