Page 1979 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 97914791879192919691977197819791980198119892029207924792979 ... LastLast
Results 39,561 to 39,580 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Picking up dog poop, however - no way!

Which is probably the biggest reason I don't own a dog.

Just had a Romeo & Juliet rehearsal and I officially asked them to consider livestreaming a performance so you can all come to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Just had a Romeo & Juliet rehearsal and I officially asked them to consider livestreaming a performance so you can all come to the show.
    That would be fun!

-jk

Cool!

Picking up dog poop, however - no way!

Which is probably the biggest reason I don't own a dog.
    My dog has learned exquisite placement, which is a marvelous skill...

Years ago in grad school in Philadelphia, I was picking up a deposit my Siberian Husky had made near a sidewalk, and for some reason, someone hollered from a cornering car to "pick up your dog ****, a******(which is what I was obviously doing), so with the grace and aplomb of a shortstop, I hurled the brown wad at the back fender of the car. Thwack. These were the days when my dog and I could both run pretty fast.

Changing diapers never bothered me all that much.
    I was absolutely terrified to do this. Keep in mind that I was working in a neonatal intensive care unit at the time. But I was legitimately nervous about not being able to do it. But you just sort of have to. There is no choice.

I once witnessed a urinary Old Faithful, amazing arc of pee, had never realized babies had that kind of range...shows how little I know.

I would love that! Would it sweeten the pot if I also offered up a live stream of the physics and anatomy and physiology lecture I'm doing Wednesday? I assume it will so just have the directors hit me up privately.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I was absolutely terrified to do this. Keep in mind that I was working in a neonatal intensive care unit at the time. But I was legitimately nervous about not being able to do it. But you just sort of have to. There is no choice.
    It’s not too bad. The worst is when the diaper is too small and the poo oozes out the back and gets on the clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    it’s not too bad. The worst is when the diaper is too small and the poo oozes out the back and gets on the clothing.
    how does that come out of a little human that you love?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    how does that come out of a little human that you love?!?!
    Ever had soft serve ice cream?

Probably like that.

Ever had soft serve ice cream?

Probably like that.
    Ha! I suspect you are correct

Mom's here and she brought a cake made based on a recipe that has been in someone else's family for more than 100 years. I am concerned that she is not actually here to visit, she is in fact fleeing across state lines (on account of the aforementioned recipe).

Mom's here and she brought a cake made based on a recipe that has been in someone else's family for more than 100 years. I am concerned that she is not actually here to visit, she is in fact fleeing across state lines (on account of the aforementioned recipe).
    Is cake the new code word for moonshine?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is cake the new code word for moonshine?
    Hah. It is not in this case. It is just a chocolate cake. Wars have been started for much less than family recipes.

I had no idea until I got one of those apple alerts the Oscars were tonight.

I had no idea until I got one of those apple alerts the Oscars were tonight.
    I likely didn't watch a single nominated film.

Usually I'm excited to watch. This year - no. I watched part of "The Trial of the Chicago 7" and I turned it off because I got bored. I watched most of "Sound of Metal" and liked it but I was watching it on my computer and I could tell it was a good movie but it the end I wanted to be watching it on a different kind of screen so I stopped. I think that's it. I don't remember what else was nominated. I may have seen one of them all the way through. I love Riz Ahmed. (I should have watched to see if he won.)

He didn't.

Usually I'm excited to watch. This year - no. I watched part of "The Trial of the Chicago 7" and I turned it off because I got bored. I watched most of "Sound of Metal" and liked it but I was watching it on my computer and I could tell it was a good movie but it the end I wanted to be watching it on a different kind of screen so I stopped. I think that's it. I don't remember what else was nominated. I may have seen one of them all the way through. I love Riz Ahmed. (I should have watched to see if he won.)

He didn't.
    We saw Nomadland and Chicago 7. I had not even heard of most of the other movies nominated.

We were only aware of Nomadland because we listened to the audiobook of the source material, which was much more interesting than the movie.

I did see Chicago 7.