Page 586 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 8648653657658458558658758859663668610861586 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,720 of 67384
    I'm doing laundry and listening to the talking heads on ESPN. Just heard our very own Jason Williams talking about how "his team" Kentucky was going to be missing the NCAA Tourney for the first time in (X) years. (can't remember the number) Am I in an alternate universe? Kentucky is JWill's team?

I get to be at work today. Trying to decide if I can leave earlier than I should to watch the game. If I leave, will I come back?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I get to be at work today. Trying to decide if I can leave earlier than I should to watch the game. If I leave, will I come back?
    Yes and no!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm doing laundry and listening to the talking heads on ESPN. Just heard our very own Jason Williams talking about how "his team" Kentucky was going to be missing the NCAA Tourney for the first time in (X) years. (can't remember the number) Am I in an alternate universe? Kentucky is JWill's team?
    His pick for which team shot themselves in the foot with regards to getting into the NCAA tournament.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 03-14-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    His pick for which team shot themselves in the foot with regards to getting into the NCAA tournament.
    Guess I missed that part. I feel much better now!

Yes and no!
    You are a wise man so I took your advice. I got home just a few minutes into the game and I'm not planning on going back.

You are a wise man so I took your advice. I got home just a few minutes into the game and I'm not planning on going back.
    Good!

Does that give us another new anti-jinx? You leave work to watch the game and Duke wins. I watched live and we won, so the tape delay anti-jinx is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Good!

Does that give us another new anti-jinx? You leave work to watch the game and Duke wins. I watched live and we won, so the tape delay anti-jinx is officially over.
    Works for me. I did wear the earrings. I'm debating asking people over to watch the game tomorrow. Since I usually watch alone, would having other Duke fans over be a jinx? Superstitions are a pain in the butt.

I didn't see much of the game, Fantasy Baseball draft

I have another one tomorrow during that game too

Question Odd question

Anyone know if Jimmy Spanarkel will be at the game tomorrow?

If so, I sense a road trip.

I would err on the side of Yes!

Smile

I would err on the side of Yes!
    If "Yes" were there tomorrow, we'd be there quickly.

Thumbs up OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

Holy crap!!! The men won it. I'm going dancing! We're going dancing! We were so prepared for the NIT. Wow. Sooooooo happy to be scrapping that!

Now if the ladies can pull it out in the final tomorrow... wow!

Phew, what a weekend so far!

(I still can't wait for March to be over though. This is about the only 5 sec I have to breathe before I continue working for tonight... March is lonnnnnnnnnnng.)

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Holy crap!!! The men won it. I'm going dancing! We're going dancing! We were so prepared for the NIT. Wow. Sooooooo happy to be scrapping that!

(I still can't wait for March to be over though. This is about the only 5 sec I have to breathe before I continue working for tonight... March is lonnnnnnnnnnng.)
    Congrats! It took me a minute to figure out who you're talking about. I was thinking, "Wait a minute; Duke is a lock for the NCAA Tourney!" Then I remembered where you work.

Congratulations, Sue.

I thought about you last night when I was listening to ESPN radio and they announced USC's win.

I can't wait to see where you guys are headed.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

Happy for your unbridled joy!

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Happy for your unbridled joy!
    Your avatar doesn't seem to be saying the same thing, haha!

T minus one hour. Let's Go Duke!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I didn't see much of the game, Fantasy Baseball draft

I have another one tomorrow during that game too
    Your group needs to re-prioritize. Nothing should get in the way of Duke basketball.

Your group needs to re-prioritize. Nothing should get in the way of Duke basketball.
    I have a history of missing important wins in Duke history. I was stuck out in the NC woods for the Duke football victory over Clemson in '89 and the victories over UConn and Kentucky in '91 and '92 respectively.

Unfortunately, the groups I am in have no other real college basketball fans...so I either have to miss the games or hope that we don't do well. I'll never do the latter, so the former becomes my only option.