Page 1429 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 4299291329137914191427142814291430143114391479152919292429 ... LastLast
Results 28,561 to 28,580 of 67665
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What does accusing someone of 'bovine silence' mean?
    That you are just chewing your cud?

What does accusing someone of 'bovine silence' mean?
    “Silence of the Cows.” That movie still gives me nightmares.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Silence of the Cows.” That movie still gives me nightmares.
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That's funny.
    Udderly ridiculous, actually.

A movie that didn't so much give me nightmares but made it difficult for me to sleep for a few weeks was the original Dutch/French version of The Vanishing. The horrible Hollywood remake, no, but the original? I had to leave the theater when you find out what happened to the missing woman as I nearly threw up. And yeah, I didn't sleep well for a few weeks.

A movie that didn't so much give me nightmares but made it difficult for me to sleep for a few weeks was the original Dutch/French version of The Vanishing. The horrible Hollywood remake, no, but the original? I had to leave the theater when you find out what happened to the missing woman as I nearly threw up. And yeah, I didn't sleep well for a few weeks.
    These are exactly the type of films and TV shows I’m avoiding. Too much gore and violence around the dial. I’m not a Lifetime/Hallmark channel viewer but I do believe we have tilted too far to the horror/psychological thriller side of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    These are exactly the type of films and TV shows I’m avoiding. Too much gore and violence around the dial. I’m not a Lifetime/Hallmark channel viewer but I do believe we have tilted too far to the horror/psychological thriller side of the spectrum.
    Yes, I avoid them too. Not a horror movie fan although I usually like psychological dramas. My favorite movie is Michael Clayton. So - no gore but I like tension. I also love movies about stealing stuff. You know, heist movies likes Oceans 11 or The Italian Job or Hot Rocks, that kind of thing.

Yes, I avoid them too. Not a horror movie fan although I usually like psychological dramas. My favorite movie is Michael Clayton. So - no gore but I like tension. I also love movies about stealing stuff. You know, heist movies likes Oceans 11 or The Italian Job or Hot Rocks, that kind of thing.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen horror films out the wazoo. Psychological thrillers, etc. Add to those apocalyptic type fare also. But at some point it just gets to be too much. Give me a well done rom com every once in awhile. I did watch Ocean’s 11 this morning. Ot at least the second half of it on TNT or similar channel.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen horror films out the wazoo. Psychological thrillers, etc. Add to those apocalyptic type fare also. But at some point it just gets to be too much. Give me a well done rom com every once in awhile. I did watch Ocean’s 11 this morning. Ot at least the second half of it on TNT or similar channel.
    I have two friends and we want to start a podcast that reviews only romcoms and heist movies. We plan to call ourselves "Klepto Love Jockeys" (our initials are K, L, and J) but we haven't yet taken the jump into actually doing it. We did have a watch party set up for our first two movies - "When Harry Met Sally" and "How to Steal A Million" but then the pandemic got in the way. "How to Steal a Million" is one of the rare movies that fits into both categories. We have decided that "The Pink Panther" is not enough romcom to be both. If we ever actually start doing the podcast, we will record the minute details of that discussion.

I licked the leftover batter off the spatula.

Wow! Life on the edge!

Wow! Life on the edge!
    A walk on the wild side.

I licked the leftover batter off the spatula.
    Spatula, beaters, I lick them all. Raw eggs haven’t taken me down yet but I’m sure my time will come.

Spatula, beaters, I lick them all. Raw eggs haven’t taken me down yet but I’m sure my time will come.
    Not going to stop doing it - and I don't want to give up my homemade eggnog either.

Still waiting on test results for my wife and myself. All other co-workers have come back clean, save the one who tested positive initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Still waiting on test results for my wife and myself. All other co-workers have come back clean, save the one who tested positive initially.
    Any chance it was a false positive?

Any chance it was a false positive?
    I mean, perhaps. He was having symptoms, which is why he got tested.

Good news, my test came back negative!

Awesome!

Very glad to hear it!

Great news!