Page 1250 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2507501150120012401248124912501251125212601300135017502250 ... LastLast
Results 24,981 to 25,000 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    One of the sauces on last season was "Burn After Eating." Perfectly named.

Coolio apparently passed out on a couch for about an hour after his shoot several years ago. Several never made it through the gauntlet.

Oh, and people cuss after eating hot things. The barriers of civility really come down. Should have put a NSFW warning on my first mention.

Rachel Ray is a boss, as is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Gordon Ramsey and Kevin Hart, not so much but they are hilarious.
    I’m a sweater when I eat hot things to the point that I have to warn people sitting down to eat a spicy meal with me for the first time. That said, I’ve never had anything so spicy that it sent me cussing and on an extended “I think I might die” spiral of pain and despair. That is, I’ve never just housed a Carolina reaper or anything.

I love spicy food, very spicy. My nearest and dearest have learned over the years not to ask for a bite.
    My plan, in other words, has by and large worked.

There was an Indian restaurant in Atlanta in the late '80's and early 90's on Peachtree just down from the Margaret Mitchell house. When you ordered vindaloo, they seriously tried to talk you out of it until you convinced them that you knew what it was and that it was going to be that hot.

I tried to go one time in '91 or so, there were only three people in there but the door was locked for some reason. Turns out, it was the Dalai Lama himself who had come to meet with Jimmy Carter at the Carter Center in town. True story.

So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 01-21-2020 at 01:15 PM.

There was an Indian restaurant in Atlanta in the late '80's and early 90's on Peachtree just down from the Margaret Mitchell house. When you ordered vindaloo, they seriously tried to talk you out of it until you convinced them that you knew what it was and that it was going to be that hot.

I tried to go one time in '91 or so, there were only three people in there but the door was locked for some reason. Turns out, it was the Dalai Lama himself who had come to meet with Jimmy Carter at the Carter Center in town. True story.

What the...get out of here?!?! It wasn't Peachtree but I lived in Dunwoody, GA for a year and had this Groundhog Day of a conversation with the hostess at Viceroy Indian Restaurant when I went in for my weekly vindaloo fix. It'd go something like this every damn time:

Me: I'd like an order of lamb vindaloo to go please.
    Her: Would you like that mild, medium, hot, or Indian hot.
    Me: Indian hot, please.
    Her: (Looks over rim of glasses). Are you sure? It's very hot.
    Me: Yes.
    Her: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes, I like it hot.
    Her: Indian hot is very hot. Are you sure?
    Me: Lady, just give me the damn vindaloo!
    Her: (Clearly believing I could not handle Indian hot). Ok.

...never saw the DM though!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What the...get out of here?!?! It wasn't Peachtree but I lived in Dunwoody, GA for a year and had this Groundhog Day of a conversation with the hostess at Viceroy Indian Restaurant when I went in for my weekly vindaloo fix. It'd go something like this every damn time:

This was on P'tree and like 9th or so, same side as the MM House. Back when there was a little park between 10th and 14th, P'tree and W.P'tree, and the IBM Tower was the tallest building in Midtown.

But yeah, the same conversation here too. And Kingfisher beer only spread the pain around; you had to just eat it and not stop. A yoghurt/cucumber pudding-like mix was the only thing that helped.

On Hot Ones, they try all sorts of stuff. I don't think any of it works. But I have never seen anyone try the yoghurt/cucumber pudding.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Same thing happened at the India Palace in Central Square, Cambridge. Hubby ordered the lamb vindaloo. The waiter warned him that it was very hot. I said, "I'll get something else then." Hubby persisted. Hubby ate it. All of the staff, waiters, owners came out to talk to Hubby as a result. They were impressed. Then one of them made a joke about me, so, gauntlet thrown, I ate the last 3 bites or so. Hottest thing I have ever tasted and not an experience I wish to repeat, but, I did it once. The owner brought us out some rice pudding, compliments of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Same thing happened at the India Palace in Central Square, Cambridge. Hubby ordered the lamb vindaloo. The waiter warned him that it was very hot. I said, "I'll get something else then." Hubby persisted. Hubby ate it. All of the staff, waiters, owners came out to talk to Hubby as a result. They were impressed. Then one of them made a joke about me, so, gauntlet thrown, I ate the last 3 bites or so. Hottest thing I have ever tasted and not an experience I wish to repeat, but, I did it once. The owner brought us out some rice pudding, compliments of the house.
    Have done the same thing many times myself, mostly in Atlanta, usually involving vindaloo, but never involving His Holiness or President Carter.

Tried some “1 flame” Indian food once (“5 flames” was the hottest). Haven’t been back to an Indian restaurant since. Don’t plan to.

I do various pizzas from scratch in the bundaberg household. The go to is a pepperoni, roasted garlic, onion confit, and minced jalapeńo and habanero pizza. We love it but usually have to sleep in separate rooms for a few nights.

I’ll start applying the roasted garlic and peppers and think I’m done. That’s when my wife will look me in the eye and say, “I’ll tell you when you’re done”.

I do various pizzas from scratch in the bundaberg household. The go to is a pepperoni, roasted garlic, onion confit, and minced jalapeńo and habanero pizza. We love it but usually have to sleep in separate rooms for a few nights.

I’ll start applying the roasted garlic and peppers and think I’m done. That’s when my wife will look me in the eye and say, “I’ll tell you when you’re done”.
    A "Diablo" pizza, as it's sometimes named, is quite a treat...typically hot sopressata, Calabrian chilis, etc. I had one just last weekend and it was exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    A "Diablo" pizza, as it's sometimes named, is quite a treat...typically hot sopressata, Calabrian chilis, etc. I had one just last weekend and it was exquisite.
    Yup, very similar to those with inspiration from a pizza I had called “Taste like burning” at a Utah restaurant. Everything is so bland in Utah that I about fell out of my seat when the pie lived up to its name!

“I’ll tell you when you’re done”.
    That's what she said after the Prom.

Shrimp Tempura for dinner tonight, cheater version.

Did something go on last night?

Rain knocks down the cedar pollen here. But then I think it encourages the mountain cedars to spew forth clouds more pollen. Google that if you are curious...

Despite rumors to the contrary

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, is still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    "You know you need a cover sheet on your TPS report, Richard."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And Terry Crews, all round good guy.

Chester Tate died. Or . . . did he?

Chester Tate died. Or . . . did he?
    it just now Dawn -ed on me that he is Finish -ed.