Page 2932 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1932243228322882292229302931293229332934294229823032 ... LastLast
Results 58,621 to 58,640 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    What did cave people have going through their heads all day without music? Or did they just have REAL earworms?
    Cave people had music. Music, or some form of it, is one of those things that started not long after we did...

Now, granted, that probably just means UggaBugga had a few rocks banging together and background hooting in his head but still, very popular in his day.

The dance scene from Sixteen Candles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=danc...id:qOcvWfMivqQ
    Well, my earworms are set for the day - Spandau Ballet and the theme to Fraggle Rock.
    I’ll add to your playlist with my favorite Sixteen Candles scene:

https://youtu.be/rS7s3Wq2ggk

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I’ll add to your playlist with my favorite Sixteen Candles scene:

https://youtu.be/rS7s3Wq2ggk
    The Joan Cusack scenes still crack me up.

The Joan Cusack scenes still crack me up.
    So many good scenes but A LOT about that movie didn’t age well. I still love Anthony Michael Hall in it and the original Vacation though.

So many good scenes but A LOT about that movie didn’t age well. I still love Anthony Michael Hall in it and the original Vacation though.
    Lots of John Hughes films are a little, uh, problematic through the lens of our modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Lots of John Hughes films are a little, uh, problematic through the lens of our modern times.
    Yep. The Breakfast Club is pretty cringey.

What did cave people have going through their heads all day without music?
    They are too busy buying car insurance. Which apparently was a more difficult task back in the day.

Yep. The Breakfast Club is pretty cringey.
    I still enjoy the movies. I just have to take them from the perspective of when they were released. Sort of like watching a movie with bad special effects. Only with horrible social faux pas.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They are too busy buying car insurance. Which apparently was a more difficult task back in the day.
    Can’t spork but well played.

February Monday mornings in 7th grade are generally not for the faint of heart, but a certain group of young scholars came in today and really brought their best selves...met me with thoughtfulness, focus, and motivation. Crazy how positive an effect that can have on one's mindset for the whole week.

Doesn't hurt that I've got a batch of delicious pozole going in the Crock Pot at home.

Whew, off work until Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    February Monday mornings in 7th grade are generally not for the faint of heart, but a certain group of young scholars came in today and really brought their best selves...met me with thoughtfulness, focus, and motivation. Crazy how positive an effect that can have on one's mindset for the whole week.

Doesn't hurt that I've got a batch of delicious pozole going in the Crock Pot at home.
    Oh, Captain, My Captain! That's a really nice post. Glad there are teachers (and students) out there putting in the work and having good moments. I know it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, Captain, My Captain! That's a really nice post. Glad there are teachers (and students) out there putting in the work and having good moments. I know it's tough.
    Update:
    This pozole is life.

Glad the pozole.is great! I am NOT going to read the post-game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am NOT going to read the post-game thread.
    Got to watch on my phone while flying to AZ. Noted one comment by Frischilla, something to the effect of "This is what you get with an experienced team playing a freshman heavy team."

This conveniently ignored the fact that this freshmen heavy team:

1) beat this team earlier in the season
    2) beat a junior and senior laden UNC squad two nights before

You look shorter in real life than you claim to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Update:
    This pozole is life.
    Share your recipe?

Share your recipe?
    Sure. It'll take me a bit to type things up, and as usual, "recipe" is more a series of loose guidelines for my cooking. But I'm happy to share.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Got to watch on my phone while flying to AZ. Noted one comment by Frischilla, something to the effect of "This is what you get with an experienced team playing a freshman heavy team."

This conveniently ignored the fact that this freshmen heavy team:

1) beat this team earlier in the season
    2) beat a junior and senior laden UNC squad two nights before
    Yes. But to me this was a freshman/human nature/away game. I like this team, just like I do every team. They were sky high for the UNC game and couldn't match that again at Miami. A more mature team can handle that better.

I said the 4 games from Wake through UVA I wanted to go 2-2 (honestly I would have taken 1-3). Not going to revise just because we won the first 2. My hope for this team is to make the ACC semis and Sweet 16. I would like that.