Page 2903 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 1903240328032853289329012902290329042905291329533003 ... LastLast
Results 58,041 to 58,060 of 67685
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I was a very random poster but did attend a virtual beer pub or two. I'm more if a wine drinker than a beer drinker.

I've seen 2 boards splinter from DBR and never fully understood either one.
    Yeah. I brought them beer from my travels and shared with the group. I liked them.

The “Ymm, Beer” regulars are all good folks, and they have found a new home that makes them happy. Having met and celebrated with many of the main characters in person, I can proudly report that they are as dedicated and fun a group of Duke fans as you can find.

Not sure we really need to rehash how or why we got here. The important thing is that everyone landed in a spot they prefer personally. Deeber, CrazieTalk and DBR are all fine sites with different philosophies of moderation and different atmospheres, which is great. It’s not a competition. I enjoy all three and have posters on all three that I consider to be friends (either virtual or in person).

I think I have a Devil’s Den account too but have never really used it. But yet another Duke voice is a positive thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The “Ymm, Beer” regulars are all good folks, and they have found a new home that makes them happy. Having met and celebrated with many of the main characters in person, I can proudly report that they are as dedicated and fun a group of Duke fans as you can find.

Not sure we really need to rehash how or why we got here. The important thing is that everyone landed in a spot they prefer personally. Deeber, CrazieTalk and DBR are all fine sites with different philosophies of moderation and different atmospheres, which is great. It’s not a competition. I enjoy all three and have posters on all three that I consider to be friends (either virtual or in person).

I think I have a Devil’s Den account too but have never really used it. But yet another Duke voice is a positive thing IMO.
    Totally agree - not understanding the reasoning doesn't mean they didn't have a good reason. I would hang out with the members of all 3 sites - and have done so. All great people.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Retta, the host of The Ugliest House in America on HGTV is a Duke grad. I found this out watching the Season 3 marathon this past weekend when they go see a house in Raleigh and she mentions that she went to college just down the road. Then they showed a picture of the Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Retta, the host of The Ugliest House in America on HGTV is a Duke grad. I found this out watching the Season 3 marathon this past weekend when they go see a house in Raleigh and she mentions that she went to college just down the road. Then they showed a picture of the Chapel.
    Retta from Parks and Rec?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yep.
    She's great. I maintain that a reason Parks and Rec is so good is the quality of the secondary characters. The main folks are very good, but the second tier of actors and characters are absolutely fantastic.

In sports terms, it's a very long bench.

Blueberry muffin therapy for sore muscles from hours of leaf raking and debris removal.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Blueberry muffin therapy for sore muscles from hours of leaf raking and debris removal.
    Never heard of that one.

Sounds logical.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Elko Lodge on the Devils Den hosts the best, most comprehensive forum and info on Duke football...

She's great. I maintain that a reason Parks and Rec is so good is the quality of the secondary characters. The main folks are very good, but the second tier of actors and characters are absolutely fantastic.

In sports terms, it's a very long bench.
    Yes. That show was absolute fire because the secondary characters could carry an episode or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes. That show was absolute fire because the secondary characters could carry an episode or 2.
    A lot of successful shows invest in those secondary characters. The Office, Sopranos, GoT, The Wire….all the characters were well thought out and real.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A lot of successful shows invest in those secondary characters. The Office, Sopranos, GoT, The Wire….all the characters were well thought out and real.
    Absolutely agree. Hadn't recognized that it extends nicely from comedy to other genres of television.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Never heard of that one.

Sounds logical.
    Some data collected today, the electric blanket seemed to have more of an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Some data collected today, the electric blanket seemed to have more of an impact.
    I'm more of a wet blanket.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yes, that's her. She majored in chemistry at Duke.

My toddler is currently experiencing Shakespearean levels of tragedy because he didn’t get a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yes, that's her. She majored in chemistry at Duke.
    With the lesser known actors from that show, it's difficult to now imagine them as their characters.

Aubrey Plaza and Nick Offerman have branched out. Chris Pratt has excelled.
    But it's hard not to imagine Donna, Perd Hapley, Jean-Ralphio or Councilman Jamm as anything other than those characters.

You heard. With Perd.

With the lesser known actors from that show, it's difficult to now imagine them as their characters.

Aubrey Plaza and Nick Offerman have branched out. Chris Pratt has excelled.
    But it's hard not to imagine Donna, Perd Hapley, Jean-Ralphio or Councilman Jamm as anything other than those characters.

You heard. With Perd.
    You've been jammed!

High school band on their way to 100 million records sold: