Page 1806 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 80613061706175617961804180518061807180818161856190623062806 ... LastLast
Results 36,101 to 36,120 of 67674
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m very proatmeal.
    Well I support the hell out of this post. I'm fairly certain you're a Russian bot. Totally don't care.

Missed my plank workout yesterday. So, this morning did two days/sessions back to back. Survived! Almost done patting self on back.

There... think I'm done now. 🙂

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The problem with oatmeal is the carbs. It's way too carby to begin with and oatmeal has to be sweetened to be palatable, preferably with maple syrup. So, do I like oatmeal with maple syrup and milk? Yes. Do I eat it? Almost never.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Missed my plank workout yesterday. So, this morning did two days/sessions back to back. Survived! Almost done patting self on back.

There... think I'm done now. 🙂
    If you are working out you SHOULD let everyone know. It creates accountability. I'm doing that weird pushup thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The problem with oatmeal is the carbs. It's way too carby to begin with and oatmeal has to be sweetened to be palatable, preferably with maple syrup. So, do I like oatmeal with maple syrup and milk? Yes. Do I eat it? Almost never.
    My wife makes a dish with oats, fresh fruit, orange juice, and plain yogurt. Birchermuesli I believe it is called. The oats basically "cook" by sitting in the yogurt overnight.

Not super sweet, but definitely palatable.

For the record, I have eaten this many times in the last thirty years. I was referring to oatmeal as a main course in and of itself.

One could quite rationally suggest that I am virulently anti-carb and that this informs my anti-oatmeal bias. I do love Wilford Brimley. He could probably convince me if he were still around.

I've got the same approach on oatmeal...it's great once in a while on a nasty, snowy/rainy day...throw in some walnuts for the full effect. Good for the ticker, too.

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here." --Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If you are working out you SHOULD let everyone know. It creates accountability. I'm doing that weird pushup thing.
    I hear yuz. BtB planking was executed (perhaps even instigated) under the watchful eye of my darls (wife). And my evil wristwatch posts all aerobic workouts to Strava, unasked and unbidden.

As an aside, I enjoy carbs and protein in equal measure. Steelcut oats - what my mom called "pinhead"- is my favorite. But there's a process to getting it to the table. Like risotto, you have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    "I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here." --Mitch Hedberg
    A bigfoot reference demands a saxsquatch appearance. Thems the rules. I don't make 'em, I just abide.

A bigfoot reference demands a saxsquatch appearance. Thems the rules. I don't make 'em, I just abide.

I want to say I 've seen this before, but even if I haven't, this is a great way to start your Wednesday morning.

Bundabergdevil and The Dude abide.

Wow. I figured a Mitch quote would be the top of my morning. But no, Careless Whisper on saxophone by Sasquatch takes the cake on a Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. I figured a Mitch quote would be the top of my morning. But no, Careless Whisper on saxophone by Sasquatch takes the cake on a Wednesday.
    Guess you get a double-dose of mojo on this Wednesday morning. Think of the possibilities the day holds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There are plenty more. Even a full set.

After the posts about carbs in oatmeal, I too became concerned. Was I doing the right thing?

So instead, I had:

prod_img-8314406_00038000222559_c1l1.jpg

Because 70g > oatmeal (30g) + banana (27g), more is better!

Whew, glad I got that solved! On to the rest of the day!!!

(Okay, maybe some snark intended. )

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    After the posts about carbs in oatmeal, I too became concerned. Was I doing the right thing?

So instead, I had:

You ate fruit too?!?! That's just empty vitamins!

Walked 2 miles already today. Not by choice. Car broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Walked 2 miles already today. Not by choice. Car broke down.
    Congrats on the walk! Bummer on the reason. Hope it is an easy repair.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

So instead, I had:

The carb count in PopTarts makes me cry. They have been put into the rare special treat category for me too along with oatmeal. One Leggo frozen blueberry waffle without syrup, however, has a manageable amount of carbs for breakfast. I often have one of those with a hard boiled egg. (I toast the waffle first, I don't eat them frozen. )

Note: Due to family history, I am at high risk for developing Type 2 diabetes. I have been told to watch my carbs for awhile now.