Page 1446 of 3372 FirstFirst ... 4469461346139614361444144514461447144814561496154619462446 ... LastLast
Results 28,901 to 28,920 of 67421
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “If you're offended by the touch of my hand, my two lips are standing here like blushing pilgrims, ready to make things better by blowing you a kiss from a safe social distance.”

— Act I, Scene V, as adapted.
    I believe we have made that exact change to the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You don't do Netflix? Or detective/crime shows?
    I do have Netflix. The detective/crime shows I've watched in the past. I'm lukewarm to them right now.

And Shakespeare showed great prescience in writing the most memorable social distancing love scene of all time in the 16th century, don't you think? Juliet on a balcony? Come on! Brilliant!

Ah, OK, no violence.
    Yep, no new violence. I'm trying to cap my violence limit. Poldark in the first episode almost made me turn it off. It doesn't have much violence so I have continued.

And Shakespeare showed great prescience in writing the most memorable social distancing love scene of all time in the 16th century, don't you think? Juliet on a balcony? Come on! Brilliant!
    Perhaps they still remembered the pandemic that swept through a couple centuries earlier?

R&J is the only Shakespeare play that specifically mentions a plague. Friar John is prevented from delivering Friar Laurence's crucial letter because he visited a house where "pestilence" was suspected and consequently, he was subjected to quarantine.

Arrow and I came up with this on the drive home from the hospital today.

RIP Arrow's tumor
    December 21, 2006 - July 10, 2020
    Excellent news.

I've been putting together a jigsaw puzzle of the Mona Lisa. Not my favorite puzzle to do, too many black pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    Excellent news.
    Thank you!

I've been putting together a jigsaw puzzle of the Mona Lisa. Not my favorite puzzle to do, too many black pieces.
    I should have been more active during the May lull here (low case counts, opening of retail) to stock up on items. I did stock up on food and am still far from using up what I stocked up on in mid-May(frozen meats from Costco).

Okay, it appears I have scared everyone off. On to other things. And finishing up another Duke Basketball book.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, it appears I have scared everyone off. On to other things. And finishing up another Duke Basketball book.
    Speaking of this, were though no books written documenting the 2010 and 2015 title runs? I'm probably on the wrong board for this.

Hmmm, maybe Columbo reruns on Prime?

Just finished hosting a Sunday school class. Getting ready fir church now.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am woefully lacking in binge watching skills.
    You need a more comfy chair.

-jk

Yes, you want to watch it on a large screen.

And FWIW, the first two songs in I was kinda skeptical. If you share that thought, well — stick with it. Pretty genius play.
    I need a larger screen - sometime before hoops restarts, whenever that may be.

I'm so tired of ESPN squeezing the game into a window while showing some meaningless interview or 92 foot thing.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I need a larger screen - sometime before hoops restarts, whenever that may be.

I'm so tired of ESPN squeezing the game into a window while showing some meaningless interview or 92 foot thing.

-jk
    WifePK, at DaughterPK s urging, got me a new TV in the dad room For Father’s Day since we are not spending our money on a trip this summer. Lots of good deals to be had, and the technology from my last big tv (a DLP big screen, no HDMI inputs) is incredible.

WifePK, at DaughterPK s urging, got me a new TV in the dad room For Father’s Day since we are not spending our money on a trip this summer. Lots of good deals to be had, and the technology from my last big tv (a DLP big screen, no HDMI inputs) is incredible.
    I got my current TV (a not too largish one from the early days LED) when a few too many games had the PG setting up the play just off screen on my old 4:3 TV... I need a new stand, too, though.

-jk

I could post to the Binge thread, but we need the material here

Just finished Orphan Black. Really good series. It dips a bit in seasons three and four, but the final season is very good.

I simply cannot articulate what an amazing actress Tatiana Maslany is. There are no words to explain her excellence in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You need a more comfy chair.

-jk
    Not the comfy chair!