Page 833 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 33373378382383183283383483584388393313331833 ... LastLast
Results 16,641 to 16,660 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I couldn't spork your brother, so I sporked you. Pass it along to him, along with my thanks.

Also tell him that when I was in the Navy, I would pick fights with a Marine some mornings, just to work up an appetite for breakfast. (I never really got to enjoy my breakfasts though, as I was usually being spoon fed mush . . . due to the body casts, etc.)
    Thanks. Unfortunately he is a UNCheat fan, so he wouldn't understand.

My dad was also a Navy guy (USS Carl Vinson) and has shared similar Marine stories.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My brother has, out of nowhere, decided to join the Marines. I'm a little nervous, but very proud of him.
    Tell him thank you!

I get the proud but nervous part. My nephew is at Officer Candidate School. He wants Nuke Subs.

Does running late count as exercise?

I've always been curious but this is the first time I've actually come into this thread. Without reading back over 16000+ posts, could someone let me know what this thread is about? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Does running late count as exercise?
    No, but jumping to conclusions does.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I've always been curious but this is the first time I've actually come into this thread. Without reading back over 16000+ posts, could someone let me know what this thread is about? Thanks!
    Something between this:

And this:

With some chocolate frosting and cinnamon/brown sugar filling.

Really. Don't believe me? Start here:

"I say we go for it.

Earlier today I posted that I felt like startin' somethin' and this is the idea I've now come up with.

C'mon folks, who's with me?

Random thought of the day for me: I really miss those chocolate Pop Tarts with the peppermint filling. Whatever happened to those? I might have been the only person who liked them, but I really, really, really liked them.

How long will it take to get to 1000 posts, do you think? Never?"

Well I love Don McLean. I think Crossroads and Mountains of Mourne are two of the most beautiful songs ever.

And we didn't start the fire has a certain classic-ness to it. Although I always envision him going nuts getting all those lyrics in and thinking that is what made Christie Brinkley left him.

Don't care much for pop tarts.

I can do random.

I'm going to read a little more and watch bear grylls, which I must say, slightly disappointed me to not be about cooking grizzlies.

Pop tarts, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Prime numbers and Bitcoins.

Sue was accepted into, attended, and graduated law school.

Snippets of music, movies, and pop culture from all over the space-time continuum.

The collective wisdom of a hundred souls, toiling through this mortal coil and hating on Carolina.

Y'know -- stuff.

Welcome!

And the next two prime numbers coming up are 16,249 and 16,253 -- a tight grouping.

Well I love Don McLean. I think Crossroads and Mountains of Mourne are two of the most beautiful songs ever.

And we didn't start the fire has a certain classic-ness to it. Although I always envision him going nuts getting all those lyrics in and thinking that is what made Christie Brinkley left him.

Don't care much for pop tarts.

I can do random.

I'm going to read a little more and watch bear grylls, which I must say, slightly disappointed me to not be about cooking grizzlies.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pop tarts, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Prime numbers and Bitcoins.

Sue was accepted into, attended, and graduated law school.

Snippets of music, movies, and pop culture from all over the space-time continuum.

The collective wisdom of a hundred souls, toiling through this mortal coil and hating on Carolina.

Y'know -- stuff.

Welcome!

And the next two prime numbers coming up are 16,249 and 16,253 -- a tight grouping.
    Hey, OPK, I think we may have hooked, I mean attracted another victim, err, reader/poster on this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey, OPK, I think we may have hooked, I mean attracted another victim, err, reader/poster on this thread...
    "Not I, not I," said the spider to the fly.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

I mean, c'mon in and make yourself comfortable . . . .

First day of classes today - starting year number 14 as a college professor. My, how time flies!

Best wishes to the rest of you (and your children) as you/they start school this year!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Not I, not I," said the spider to the fly.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

I mean, c'mon in and make yourself comfortable . . . .
    Fixed, darn spellcheck.

Did you see that someone is marketing Toaster Pastries beer?

It was inspired by Pop Tarts.

Welcome, Gurufrisbee!

Thanks for the welcome (or ensnaring, as the case may be).

Love the prime numbers (I'm a middle school math teacher).

Heading to the new building to move in to the new classroom in a few minutes. Summer is over.

Thanks for the welcome (or ensnaring, as the case may be).

Love the prime numbers (I'm a middle school math teacher).

Heading to the new building to move in to the new classroom in a few minutes. Summer is over.
    Thank you for being a teacher!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    First day of classes today - starting year number 14 as a college professor. My, how time flies!

Best wishes to the rest of you (and your children) as you/they start school this year!
    Thank you for teaching, also!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Did you see that someone is marketing Toaster Pastries beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It was inspired by Pop Tarts.
    I've seen beer brewed with Wheaties (I think) which would truly make it the Breakfast of Champions.

I've also seen peanut butter chocolate porters and read about peanut butter and jelly beers (made with strawberries or raspberries, I think). You'll find Ymm, Beer reviews of the former but not the latter. Yet.

One nano-brewer in Raleigh also has an Imperial Stout brewed with Count Chocula cereal. Another one not yet reviewed/posted by anyone at DBR.

Mattman will be proud as I've introduced beer into yet another thread.