Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    So Wyatt Walker will be trending on Twitter, the lead story on Sportscenter, front page news for weeks, and he'll get a camera dedicated to him at NC State's next game right?

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    So Wyatt Walker will be trending on Twitter, the lead story on Sportscenter, front page news for weeks, and he'll get a camera dedicated to him at NC State's next game right?
    Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke.... EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke... EVERYTHING.
    And their transparent strategy is to give Duke a lot of un-biased news coverage (just the facts ma'am) , and allow a lot of negative Duke opinion on air at the same time. It's despicable. Too bad it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke... EVERYTHING.
    Never forget the "E" stands for "Entertainment". Sports has always been - by design - an afterthought for their programming.

-jk

Roy, on his team’s lack of toughness:

Roy, do you think this is a team that needs to shoot pretty well in order to win?

"I think that's, we haven't shot, I'll use your term. We haven't shot past pretty well all frickin' year, and we've won some games, but if you think that you can only win when you shoot the ball, then you're not very tough, and that really ticks me off. You've got to be able to win basketball games ugly. We've won hundreds of basketball games ugly. It's just acting like a pansy and thinking, 'Oh my shot's not going in,' and if that's the case go find your mama and hug her."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Roy, on his team’s lack of toughness:
    Says the guy who had his scholarship players go to the locker room early to avoid a court storming...

Roy, is there one area of concern that stands out more than others today?

"Basketball. I'm not too concerned about what the hell they eat or anything like that, but basketball is a big concern right now."
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Roy, is there one area of concern that stands out more than others today?

"Basketball. I'm not too concerned about what the hell they eat or anything like that, but basketball is a big concern right now."
    Yep. Hilarious in places as always after a loss. At the end Roy compared himself to Belichick with his short answers:

Roy Williams post-Louisville presser:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VFUMeZybI

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep. Hilarious in places as always after a loss. At the end Roy compared himself to Belichick with his short answers:

Roy Williams post-Louisville presser:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VFUMeZybI
    I'm not gonna watch that complicit, lyin', connivin', SOB/clown but that comparison *certainly* has to revolve around cheating. Amiright?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not gonna watch that complicit, lyin', connivin', SOB/clown but that comparison *certainly* has to revolve around cheating. Amiright?
    Haha that's def one thing Roy and Bill have in common. Except Roy is even better at getting away with it.

cheaters looked good

Sportscenter showed the hole fans leaving the myth center early. #Satisfying
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

The Wyatt Walker is but a legend, and old wives' tale. If NCSU wants to seige Castle Cameron on Feb 16th, they'll have to bring more than stories of Wyatt Walkers and dragons and what-have-you. Duke will do everything in our power to protect "Our House" and to improve our house's standing in the world. Besides, we have enough Javinglass to deal with the Wyatt Walker if he exists. I, Ser Trouble of Maker, guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The Wyatt Walker is but a legend, and old wives' tale. If NCSU wants to seige Castle Cameron on Feb 16th, they'll have to bring more than stories of Wyatt Walkers and dragons and what-have-you. Duke will do everything in our power to protect "Our House" and to improve our house's standing in the world. Besides, we have enough Javinglass to deal with the Wyatt Walker if he exists. I, Ser Trouble of Maker, guarantee it.
    I tried to spork this, but it says I need to spread it around. So I’ll just ask in front of everyone: When’s the next book coming, George R.R.?

Gah! While I'm glad UNC lost...why can't they lay an egg against State? /sigh

Walker...lolz!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Gah! While I'm glad UNC lost...why can't they lay an egg against State? /sigh

Walker...lolz!
    The real question is : Why can't State avoid laying an egg against UNCheat?

Sam Cassell lives on

I loved Ed Hardin’s description of the UNC loss and the reaction of the crowd at the Dean Dome:

“The best play Carolina ran all day was a perfect pick and roll from walk-on Caleb Ellis to Wes Miller’s brother Walker, who dunked the ball in the final seconds, getting a mock cheer from the crowd, much of it walking up the aisles, headed for bread and milk.

Or wine and cheese.”

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/ac...31404ef98.html

I saw the replay, it looked like a good basketball play to me. The Pitt player knocked down Walker, and Walker thought he was offering his leg to help him get up. The Pitt player then took a dive to draw a foul. Exceptionally bad play on Pitt's part. Of course, the refs have it in for State, so they eject Walker. Not surprising. I'm sure Swofford was smiling in whatever hole he lives in.

highlight below to see how I really feel.
    With a more serious tone...good call and worthy of an ejection in my book.

With regards to Carolina getting rolled by the Cards...it is likely a letdown after an emotional big win.
    Last edited by PackMan97; 01-13-2019 at 10:20 PM.