Page 868 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 36876881885886686786886987087891896813681868 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,360 of 67371
    If eating without toasting, I go with brown sugar cinnamon with or without frosting. If toasting, s'mores. It's all about the sweet. Bacon with maple frosting might beat both.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    OK... What's your ultimate poptart?

-jk
    Cherry!

I had bacon yesterday.

Sometimes, life is about staying a step ahead. (In this case, that thread about some event in November). And no, not about basketball or football.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sometimes, life is about staying a step ahead. (In this case, that thread about some event in November). And no, not about basketball or football.
    Perhaps we should start posting about what we want for Festivus or whatever religious holiday you associate with late December. Although I cannot really think of anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It depends over there. Some are interested in discussing the political process. Some have an agenda through which they observe the world, which from a Jane Goodall-type perspective I also find fascinating.

But I was a poly sci and history guy, so I am a geek for electoral politics anyway.

In the interest of keeping this thread ahead, and engendering discussion:

RESOLVED, bacon-flavored pop tarts would be better than any other pop tart flavor.

Discuss.
    I'm almost 30 pages behind on that thread. Should I read and catch up or just start on the last page? Can someone summarize?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm almost 30 pages behind on that thread. Should I read and catch up or just start on the last page? Can someone summarize?
    Dead Abe Lincoln has perfectly summarized the election, although it is put up by a pro-Libertarian PAC and I don't think I am allowed to link it. For those interested, though, just search "balanced rebellion Lincoln" in youtube.

Otherwise, might as well jump in on the end and skip the history.

Perhaps we should start posting about what we want for Festivus or whatever religious holiday you associate with late December. Although I cannot really think of anything right now.
    Late December holidays? Or what you would like for said events?

Tin foil hat alert! Be prepared folks!

Those guys in that other thread just can't help themselves. But then, neither can I.

I continue my one man crusade...

Okay, there has been lots of help. But those posters in that other thread are relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I continue my one man crusade...

Okay, there has been lots of help. But those posters in that other thread are relentless.
    Guilty.

Starting to plan my next vacation and I never realized how cheap it is to fly to Iceland until now.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Starting to plan my next vacation and I never realized how cheap it is to fly to Iceland until now.
    I would love to go and see the Northern Lights in the winter. But not sure you can get around well in that part of the year. I read something about the big volcano there rumbling lately, though, so keep that in mind too.

And of course if you go, post pictures!

I would love to go and see the Northern Lights in the winter. But not sure you can get around well in that part of the year. I read something about the big volcano there rumbling lately, though, so keep that in mind too.

And of course if you go, post pictures!
    Did you really mean this?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you really mean this?

That is EXACTLY what I want to go see!

My parents just got back from a cruise to Iceland. Amsterdam to Iceland and back with some stops in Scandanavia also.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    A friend who travels internationally on the regular says if you booK your flight through Iceland and make a stopover you can save lots of money. Well, and you can see Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    A friend who travels internationally on the regular says if you booK your flight through Iceland and make a stopover you can save lots of money. Well, and you can see Iceland.
    I've heard that too - 6 day layover at no extra airfare cost on whatever Iceland's airline is. I really want to do this.

My mother saw the Northern Lights right here in North Carolina once upon a time. I think she was a child, so probably in the later 1920s. Severe solar storms were the cause, I guess. Unusual, but it happens.

Anyone else seen them so far south?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!