Page 369 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2693193593673683693703713794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 67415

CTO

Choice Time Off!

That's what we call it now. And I have lots of days left, it's use it or lose it, so I'm planning to take off the next two weeks. I'll be losing a few days as it is. I'm already starting to lose focus.

Should I take focus factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Choice Time Off!

That's what we call it now. And I have lots of days left, it's use it or lose it, so I'm planning to take off the next two weeks. I'll be losing a few days as it is. I'm already starting to lose focus.

Should I take focus factor?
    Why would you want to do that? Once you leave I bet your focus comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Why would you want to do that? Once you leave I bet your focus comes back.
    Instead of focus factor, I'm drinking lots of coffee. It doesn't help me focus, but it is a time sink. Seems like a time sink should be something that retains time. Maybe it is a time sinkhole.

Does this go along with the story I heard this morning about some city that is using garlic salt on the roads - people are craving Italian food.

Here's a link: http://www.katu.com/home/video/36304...?video=pop&t=a
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 12-18-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: link added

Just a quick check in from I-95 exit 3 in south GA. I should be home about 9 or so tonight.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Just a quick check in from I-95 exit 3 in south GA. I should be home about 9 or so tonight.
    I knew you would check in from the road. It's overcast and yucky up here. Hope you have safe travels coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Instead of focus factor, I'm drinking lots of coffee. It doesn't help me focus, but it is a time sink. Seems like a time sink should be something that retains time. Maybe it is a time sinkhole.
    If you're drinking lots of coffee, you're probably spending lots of time going to the bathroom, too.

Bathroom breaks are another way to pass the time.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Bathroom breaks. They're great for wasting time at work, but they surely do take up travel time when you're out on the road.

Have a safe trip up I-95, Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    What is a dead Korean? Is it like an empty beer bottle or something?
    DIK mentioned she had a Korean tombstone in her back yard. Me, having watched too much CSI, immediately suspected foul play, and that DIK has something (or someone) buried in her backyard other than dog bones. Why else would you have a Korean tombstone unless to mark the grave site of a dead Korean?

I'm a mob boss now? The head of the eastern North Carolina mob?
    Hah!! I've eluded your evil henchmen and am back online!! And EarlJam is back with a great new avatar!!

Coincidence???

I never once in 10 years had a cockroach in my house in CA.

We have palmetto bugs (oversized cockroach looking things) INDOORS here. And that's why the exterminator was at my office.
    Wait a minute, I thought you're a native Carolinian. Aren't you used to them, or do you just need time to get re-acquainted?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought you're a native Carolinian. Aren't you used to them, or do you just need time to get re-acquainted?
    I don't think anyone gets used to the horrid palmettos. Ewwww!!! I hate them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.

Now having accused DIK of murder, I'll reveal my man-crush on David Caruso's character in CSI Miami. He is the new "Man In Black" for the 21st Century. Mrs Turk and I are now in the habit of taking off imaginary sunglasses and cocking our heads to a 45 degree angle whenever we surf past the show. Why does he do that? Perhaps to look down the cleavage of his lab techs or hot female suspects that he's brought in for "questioning"? Mrs Turk enjoys making snarky comments about their outfits, e.g. "Who would wear do-me boots and white pants to a crime scene in a Miami drug neighborhood?"

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I don't think anyone gets used to the horrid palmettos. Ewwww!!! I hate them with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.
    Speaking of fiery, fire ants would have me running for a different state. Forgot about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Now having accused DIK of murder, I'll reveal my man-crush on David Caruso's character in CSI Miami. He is the new "Man In Black" for the 21st Century. Mrs Turk and I are now in the habit of taking off imaginary sunglasses and cocking our heads to a 45 degree angle whenever we surf past the show. Why does he do that? Perhaps to look down the cleavage of his lab techs? Mrs Turk enjoys making snarky comments about their outfits, e.g. "Who would wear do-me boots and white pants to a crime scene in a Miami drug neighborhood?"
    Turk, Turk, Turk. I am so sorry to read of your man-crush on David Caruso's character. I can't stand his character, or maybe it's just his voice. As for the clothes on the CSI shows, gotta go with Mrs. Turk on that. Who wears "do-me" clothes to work in real life? Oh wait, just thought of a couple of people in my own work place.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Turk, Turk, Turk. I am so sorry to read of your man-crush on David Caruso's character. I can't stand his character, or maybe it's just his voice. As for the clothes on the CSI shows, gotta go with Mrs. Turk on that. Who wears "do-me" clothes to work in real life? Oh wait, just thought of a couple of people in my own work place.
    I'm with you, Tilly. I can't stand his character on the show - both voice and posture. I always want to put a hand on either side of his head and make him straighten up. For that matter, I can't stand Callie either. I liked her on West Wing but can't stand her now.

And one other thing: DIK's handle is actually an alias. It does NOT stand for DukieInKansas. It really stands for....

wait for it...

Dead Interred Korean

She's confessed!! She's no match for my wits!! You've heard of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle? Morons! Bwa-hah-hah!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm with you, Tilly. I can't stand his character on the show - both voice and posture. I always want to put a hand on either side of his head and make him straighten up. For that matter, I can't stand Callie either. I liked her on West Wing but can't stand her now.
    Oh the other thing is I've accused Mrs Turk of being a writer on the show. She'll nail the lines about 5 seconds before the character actually says the exact same words. It's spooky...

Callie was on the West Wing? I don't recall her character...

Like the one time he was talking to some drug kingpin, and he whispered, "That's not a threat, Mr. Hernandez.... That's a promise."

And like third graders, we looked at each other, went, "woooooooooooo" and then fell on the floor laughing. And all this time I didn't know it was a comedy show...