Page 2236 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 123617362136218622262234223522362237223822462286233627363236 ... LastLast
Results 44,701 to 44,720 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.
    I need to get my Shingrix. Not looking forward to it. My mom had a mild case, after getting the original vaccine. She recognized the symptoms and went that day to Urgent Care, where her diagnosis was confirmed. Was put on antivirals right away. That combined with the vaccine contributed to a very mild case. But it was close to her eye, which was scary. She needs to get her Shingrix now, too.

Pretty much back to normal. I should say that my case of shingles struck me as mild from a pain perspective. The bigger concern was that it was on my face. Getting it diagnosed was the bigger issue I ran into. Urgent care was no help, the ER diagnosed in a couple minutes of seeing me.
    Time is of the essence. I was fortunate enough to get diagnosed VERY early at an urgent care place on Topsail Island a few years ago, I'd been mystified at the itchy (incredibly itchy) eruptions on my left arm. Zero pain. Thoughtful doc diagnosed shingles, got me started immediatetly with an anti-viral drug...the entire arm erupted the next day, confirming his dianosis, but the drugs stopped it dead in its tracks, it was gone quickly. The point being, if one suspects Shingles, get looked at quickly, very quickly.

Lovely morning for a wagon ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Lovely morning for a wagon ride.
    -Donner party
    You didn't properly cite this.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Glad to hear you are back to normal! Sorry you had to go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You didn't properly cite this.
    Hah. I wonder what those folks would think seeing that today we hike, camp, ski and otherwise recreate in these places they all got 'et.

Video game pitch: marsupials fight to the death. Call it, Mortal Wombat.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Video game pitch: marsupials fight to the death. Call it, Mortal Wombat.
    Reported

Done, now what do I read?

So, when I started undergrad, wine coolers were a thing...

So, when I started undergrad, wine coolers were a thing...
    I drank a lot of wine coolers in the 90s. I assume no one is surprised.

I drank a lot of wine coolers in the 90s. I assume no one is surprised.
    My best friend in college would only drink Zima.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yep. Zima with a jolly rancher dropped in.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    That combined with the vaccine contributed to a very mild case. But it was close to her eye, which was scary. She needs to get her Shingrix now, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Time is of the essence. I was fortunate enough to get diagnosed VERY early at an urgent care place on Topsail Island a few years ago, I'd been mystified at the itchy (incredibly itchy) eruptions on my left arm. Zero pain. Thoughtful doc diagnosed shingles, got me started immediatetly with an anti-viral drug...the entire arm erupted the next day, confirming his dianosis, but the drugs stopped it dead in its tracks, it was gone quickly. The point being, if one suspects Shingles, get looked at quickly, very quickly.
    My case was close to my eye also. It started on my jawline and moved up my face. The lack of proper diagnosis at the urgent care delayed my getting proper treatment for a few days. Friday evening I went to the ER. A PA(ex-military) looked at me when I walked in and said, "You've got shingles. We'll have to in process you and then run the tests. After that, we will put you on an anti-viral IV drip and then send you home." 4 hours later I was home. I could feel the drugs working as I was hooked up to the IV. With respect to the current situation that we find ourselves in, as noted by the plague thread, I now believe a more minimal level of standard of care provided to all would greatly assist us a country. I would not have said that 5 years ago. I'm all for the insurance approach, being in insurance myself(Property/Casualty), but now believe that is not sufficient unto itself. One of the things you don't realize, growing up as an Army/military brat, is that not everyone has access to dentists and doctors that you go see on regular schedules.

My case was close to my eye also. It started on my jawline and moved up my face. The lack of proper diagnosis at the urgent care delayed my getting proper treatment for a few days. Friday evening I went to the ER. A PA(ex-military) looked at me when I walked in and said, "You've got shingles. We'll have to in process you and then run the tests. After that, we will put you on an anti-viral IV drip and then send you home." 4 hours later I was home. I could feel the drugs working as I was hooked up to the IV. With respect to the current situation that we find ourselves in, as noted by the plague thread, I now believe a more minimal level of standard of care provided to all would greatly assist us a country. I would not have said that 5 years ago. I'm all for the insurance approach, being in insurance myself(Property/Casualty), but now believe that is not sufficient unto itself. One of the things you don't realize, growing up as an Army/military brat, is that not everyone has access to dentists and doctors that you go see on regular schedules.
    true dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have never consumed either a wine cooler or a Zima.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have never consumed either a wine cooler or a Zima.
    You're better for that.

You're better for that.
    Well, I have drunk Laphroaig, on purpose, more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, I have drunk Laphroaig, on purpose, more than once.
    Ha! And you hated it as I remember. I drink no liquor. Almost exclusively beer.

I drink very little liquor anymore and have likewise trended toward beer as a greater and greater percentage of my drinking, but a wayward weekend in hospital rooms next to an, erm, cantankerous patient has me reconsidering that calculus.