Page 153 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 531031431511521531541551632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 67390
    Straight from the headlines:

"The rampage occurred when a flight attendant denied the women alcohol because they were visibly intoxicated, police said. The 26-year-old took a swipe at a cabin attendant with a bottle of vodka, then attempted to open a cabin door." - AP Report

How are you going to hurt anyone with one of those little one oz bottles of liquor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    If we stay on this topic, there's a strong chance ILoveJimmy will register a post.

HeathBar Concrete, followed by TerraMizzou.

If it's a Saturday night in St. Louis, then you have to be posting from the Chippewa location.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I haven't tried either of those - yet. I've been strongly tempted by the TerraMizzou and will likely try it soon. I've started planning outings so that I have a return trip by Ted Drewe's. In fact, I visited the Chippewa location after a trip to the Target at Hamilton and Chippewa.

As an aside, I noticed a Fazoli's while driving down Chippewa toward Ted Drewe's. Is that an abomination or what?!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, so that's why I don't know anything about Tastykakes. I didn't eat them growing up. I did however drink Cheerwine and Sundrop. I had a Cheerwine on my recent trip through the Carolinas. Ahhh.
    Next time you swing through pick up some Cheerwine Ice cream. I'm not gonna try it, but they do make it and Sundrop ice cream.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My play Cloud 7's tour of the world continues. I sent it to a theater in England on a lark, well, it's in so I'm soon to be an internationally produced playwright, ha! (Anybody know where Knutsford is? I'll have to go look it up.)

My play Cloud 7's tour of the world continues. I sent it to a theater in England on a lark, well, it's in so I'm soon to be an internationally produced playwright, ha! (Anybody know where Knutsford is? I'll have to go look it up.)
    Congratulations. That's fantastic! Way to go!

Kudos from me too! Since you're now a big international star, are you going to pony up for some of us to come see it?

Can't make it to England

Congrats!! Perhaps colchar can get details.

Hey Wilson,

Going back to the Duck/Tail question, you said the duck would always be 6 feet behind you, right?

On our car trip this weekend, I was telling Mr. DA about this particular "would you rather" option, and he had a very unique take on the issue. He asked, well, if the Duck is always 6 feet behind you, does that mean you could hook a trailer onto him, and he will have to pull it (or otherwise be magically transported) to stay within the requisite 6 feet?

How heavy could you load that trailer? Could you make it so heavy the duck couldn't follow you? Could you, in theory, downsize your car to a scooter, and the duck would become your grocery getter, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hey Wilson,

Going back to the Duck/Tail question, you said the duck would always be 6 feet behind you, right?

On our car trip this weekend, I was telling Mr. DA about this particular "would you rather" option, and he had a very unique take on the issue. He asked, well, if the Duck is always 6 feet behind you, does that mean you could hook a trailer onto him, and he will have to pull it (or otherwise be magically transported) to stay within the requisite 6 feet?

How heavy could you load that trailer? Could you make it so heavy the duck couldn't follow you? Could you, in theory, downsize your car to a scooter, and the duck would become your grocery getter, etc.?
    I have to admit, I've never really considered that possibility before. In my mind, the point of the duck (and thus the crux of the question) is that he/she is entirely non-utilitarian. The duck is just...there, doing ducky things and bringing little else to the table.

I dropped off the radar for a day or two, and somehow fell 3 posts behind devildeac and bostondevil scored a play in london? Things are really happening at light speed here in DBR land.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hey Wilson,

So it's a slippery little duck and slides right out of any restraints or trailers. Or, perhaps, if you hook up too much weight to the duck, then you can't go 6 feet away from the duck.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Next time you swing through pick up some Cheerwine Ice cream. I'm not gonna try it, but they do make it and Sundrop ice cream.
    What is this Cheerwine ice cream of which you speak? If this is a real product, I might need to consider moving back to N.C.

By my calculations, this post should tie me with devildeac again for posts in the LTE thread.

Congratulations!!!

Ooo, I found Knutsford, http://www.mapquest.co.uk/mq/maps/ma...City=knutsford.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    By my calculations, this post should tie me with devildeac again for posts in the LTE thread.
    I think you are sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    What is this Cheerwine ice cream of which you speak? If this is a real product, I might need to consider moving back to N.C.
    I dunno about ice cream, but I used to buy Cheerwine popsicles all the time at the Food Lion up the street from my apartment in Greenville.

strange but true

I met Yogi Berra's sister today! I was visiting my great-aunt in a nursing home and was waiting for my cousin at the front desk, when one of the patients came to the desk and asked for a magnifying glass in order to read "her" story on the bulletin board. I volunteered to read the story to her in order to pass the time. It took a few paragraphs for me to get the clue and figure out who was sitting next to me. The story was an interview with Yogi's sister, talking about her famous brother. It was an extremely cool encounter and would never have happened if I had ignored the impulse to help her out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I met Yogi Berra's sister today! I was visiting my great-aunt in a nursing home and was waiting for my cousin at the front desk, when one of the patients came to the desk and asked for a magnifying glass in order to read "her" story on the bulletin board. I volunteered to read the story to her in order to pass the time. It took a few paragraphs for me to get the clue and figure out who was sitting next to me. The story was an interview with Yogi's sister, talking about her famous brother. It was an extremely cool encounter and would never have happened if I had ignored the impulse to help her out.
    That's awesome! Did she have any notable quotes?

"That restaurant is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's awesome! Did she have any notable quotes?

"That restaurant is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore."
    No, but the newspaper article had a few of his notable quotes in it. The interaction with her was cool; she nodded her head at various points in the story and interjected comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    AD, you win my "person of the week" award! Major kudos to you, for 1) going to visit your great aunt, and 2) helping out a stranger to boot.