Page 2822 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 18222322272227722812282028212822282328242832287229223322 ... LastLast
Results 56,421 to 56,440 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is posters who post in a thread how stupid / silly / bad they think the subject of the thread is. Here’s a thread for taco afficionados and I’m going to post how much I hate tacos. Turd work, that’s what that is! So, I’m just going to post here how dull I find baseball. How on earth is that a pastime?!?!
    Baseball is great but I do have a friend who has a perfectly rational take on this. He hates baseball because there's literally a player (the pitcher) whose sole responsibility is to avoid any action occurring. It's a good take. And I'm someone who passionately loves baseball. Much more of a pro baseball fan than a pro football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Baseball is great but I do have a friend who has a perfectly rational take on this. He hates baseball because there's literally a player (the pitcher) whose sole responsibility is to avoid any action occurring. It's a good take. And I'm someone who passionately loves baseball. Much more of a pro baseball fan than a pro football fan.
    Exactly why I’m posting here. I respect what I don’t understand.

And look, I don’t want to say this approach makes me a hero, but it definitely does.

In football, there is an entire group of people whose sole responsibility is to avoid any action occurring. They call it the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I know amazing people. My sister wondered if we could get Carlos to do an additional cleaning to be sure the sanctuary is clean as can be for BiL Wayne's memorial service on Friday. Rather than ask for that, I mentioned it to a few people. This morning, five women met me at church to clean. I knew 3 of them were coming and the other 3 were a very pleasant surprise. My sister joined us as well. We vacuumed all the pews, dusted and cleaned all the wooden portions of the pews, and got lots of marks of the painted ends of the pews. Magic Erasers are amazing for that.

I'm a very fortunate person to know such amazing folks.
    People are cool more often than not. It's too bad stories are filled more with the dark side. Thanks for brightening my evening.

I know amazing people. My sister wondered if we could get Carlos to do an additional cleaning to be sure the sanctuary is clean as can be for BiL Wayne's memorial service on Friday. Rather than ask for that, I mentioned it to a few people. This morning, five women met me at church to clean. I knew 3 of them were coming and the other 3 were a very pleasant surprise. My sister joined us as well. We vacuumed all the pews, dusted and cleaned all the wooden portions of the pews, and got lots of marks of the painted ends of the pews. Magic Erasers are amazing for that.

I'm a very fortunate person to know such amazing folks.
    My brain is still rattled and I can't count* - 6 women met me.

*Not q hood thing for an accountant.

Breakfast tacos. Yeah, alright!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    5k run in Braintree this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    5k run in Braintree this morning.
    Did you see the Adams house?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Did you see the Adams house?
    No, but I saw the sign for it. The race started and ended at Braintree High School.

sunny and nearly 70 here today, no hard frosts yet...global warming on the march I guess.

There used to just be one poster on the main site I didn't really care for. We have found another.

There used to just be one poster on the main site I didn't really care for. We have found another.
    Hwy now, just bwcwe disagree about HoD...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hwy now, just bwcwe disagree about HoD...
    No silly. I'm the unlikable one over here.

No silly. I'm the unlikable one over here.
    There are some very grumpy posters.

My brain is still rattled and I can't count* - 6 women met me.

*Not q hood thing for an accountant.
    Understandable though, it is an emotional time. Glad you and your sister are getting help and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Arrow gave his senior presentation at assembly yesterday. It's supposed to be a personal story, but beyond that, they can talk about whatever they want to talk about. Arrow signed up to go first because he wanted to get it over with, he hates public speaking and was super nervous about it. He didn't want it looming over his entire senior year. Parents are invited. At first he told me that I couldn't come, but I told him, oh heck no to that (I might have used language that would be wankerized).

He chose to talk about his health journey. So far, at his high school, outside of his teachers, he hadn't shared the "cancer survivor" story with that many of his classmates. Yesterday, everybody got the full story. He spoke for about 10 minutes. He started out wishing one of his buddies a happy birthday. They are 2 days apart in age (Arrow turns 18 tomorrow), then moved on to giving a content warning which his senior presentation advisor told him he needed to do. At the end, he thanked his classmates, teachers, advisors, brothers, and father. Then he said he saved the most important thank you for last and went into the story of how his mom had been with him every step of the way, taking him to every chemo session, every MRI, every surgery - always being there when he woke up. He said, in front of the whole school, "I love you Mom and I wouldn't be here without you."
    This is a great story, thanks for sharing.

Also, who knew JE hated dogs so much? Or maybe kids? Both?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I know car manufacturers are keen on this "new normal" but I wonder how sustainable this is if and when there is a better balance between supply and demand...some dealers would still love to have 300 cars on the lot as they formerly had, but the manufacturers differ on this. We're semi-interested in a new car but loath the notion of going to a dealer with zero leverage. Good thing I like walking.
    I'm curious how the car makers view the dealers, they definitely eat into profitability compared to primarily using digital means to transact, but they also soak up inventory and in some senses level out supply and demand variability. But when demand greatly exceeds supply, the just eat in to potential margins.

Well, the thread had been dormant for 5,452 days...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm curious how the car makers view the dealers, they definitely eat into profitability compared to primarily using digital means to transact, but they also soak up inventory and in some senses level out supply and demand variability. But when demand greatly exceeds supply, the just eat in to potential margins.
    Yeah, BusinessWeek had a big piece on this. According to them, the manufacturers like this scarce supply situation. Might an issue be carmakers having to finance all that inventory on the lot? I really don't know (but am channeling Jerry Lundegaard).

Dealers would rather have acres of cars to peddle on the spot. Very hard to buy on the spot now.