Page 2428 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 14281928232823782418242624272428242924302438247825282928 ... LastLast
Results 48,541 to 48,560 of 67756
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Brushing up on my Spanish. I took five years of it a lifetime ago. Anyone have a favorite app/class/resource? I've been using Duolingo, but I'm open to whatever works. My vocabulary is decent, but my grammar es muy mal.
    If it is for travel, I highly recommend the Pimsleur series. It’s gotten me through France, Italy, and now hopefully Germany.

Always fun to be working on your last day off for the year. Someone* implanted an automatic renewal clause into a contract(approved under other leadership) that we caught yesterday. I got to call the boss and tell him he needed to log in because canceling the contract was above my pay grade.

*other than me

Sometimes you want to commit a victimless crime. Like punching someone in the dark.

off to further enrich my dermatologist

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    off to further enrich my dermatologist
    ...and leave you porer.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    ...and leave you porer.
    Ugh. I take it back.

Man I hate people. People are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Man I hate people. People are the worst.
    Oh, come now, puns aren’t that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, come now, puns aren’t that bad.
    In fact, they’re infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    In fact, they’re infectious.
    You know wart you’re talking about.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm doing it. Just bought my plane ticket for Nashville. I'm going to the US Figure Skating Championships next week. Caveats - if I start having symptoms, I won't go. My biggest worry is that I will start having symptoms in Nashville. I'm staying in an Airbnb. If I have symptoms there, I will isolate. The hubby thinks I should go. He thinks I need the trip for mental health reasons. He told me that if worse came to worst and I was sick in Nashville with no other way to get home, he will drive to Tennessee to get me. I plan to get a bunch of surgical masks and wear 2 when I am in the arena, not because I am worried so much about getting omicron, that is the concession I will make towards trying to prevent passing it on to any of the wankers who expect me to keep protecting them while they remain unvaccinated. I will check the local CVS or Walgreen's and if rapid tests are available, I will test myself daily before I go to the arena (there are none available around here). The arena is not requiring proof of vaccination but is requiring masks.

What I am giving up though, is going to Durham first to take in the Jan. 4 game in Cameron. Anybody here feel comfortable going to that game? I'll give you my tickets. I think it's against Georgia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm doing it. Just bought my plane ticket for Nashville. I'm going to the US Figure Skating Championships next week. Caveats - if I start having symptoms, I won't go. My biggest worry is that I will start having symptoms in Nashville. I'm staying in an Airbnb. If I have symptoms there, I will isolate. The hubby thinks I should go. He thinks I need the trip for mental health reasons. He told me that if worse came to worst and I was sick in Nashville with no other way to get home, he will drive to Tennessee to get me. I plan to get a bunch of surgical masks and wear 2 when I am in the arena, not because I am worried so much about getting omicron, that is the concession I will make towards trying to prevent passing it on to any of the wankers who expect me to keep protecting them while they remain unvaccinated. I will check the local CVS or Walgreen's and if rapid tests are available, I will test myself daily before I go to the arena (there are none available around here). The arena is not requiring proof of vaccination but is requiring masks.

What I am giving up though, is going to Durham first to take in the Jan. 4 game in Cameron. Anybody here feel comfortable going to that game? I'll give you my tickets. I think it's against Georgia Tech.
    By surgical are you talking about N-95 or KN-95 masks/respirators? Those both utilize a middle layer known as a meltblown layer. Also known as nanofibers. That is the layer that gives you the best mechanical filtration for very small particles. I would recommend one of those over two of the more common "surgical" masks. In the common literature, I see the terms used interchangeably sometimes. If you are concerned about availability of N-95s, they are readily available. If necessary, I can ship you a box of 20.

Always be skeptical of self-descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    True. I really doubt you’re “there” for example.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    By surgical are you talking about N-95 or KN-95 masks/respirators? Those both utilize a middle layer known as a meltblown layer. Also known as nanofibers. That is the layer that gives you the best mechanical filtration for very small particles. I would recommend one of those over two of the more common "surgical" masks. In the common literature, I see the terms used interchangeably sometimes. If you are concerned about availability of N-95s, they are readily available. If necessary, I can ship you a box of 20.
    I meant surgical, but I will defer to your recommendation and get N-95s. I won't be able to get them properly fitted but they are probably the better choice. By readily available - do you mean Walgreen's? Or should I try somewhere else?

ETA: I just ordered a box of 25 from Amazon. I need the kind with straps that go around the ears. I have too much hair to wear the ones with straps that go over your head.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 12-30-2021 at 02:58 PM.

I meant surgical, but I will defer to your recommendation and get N-95s. I won't be able to get them properly fitted but they are probably the better choice. By readily available - do you mean Walgreen's? Or should I try somewhere else?
    I do most of my shopping on Amazon,these from Kimberly-Clark should work:

https://www.amazon.com/Kimberly-Clar...s%2C120&sr=8-2

I actually would recommend KN-95s as I would see the loops of the N-95s to be an issue over long periods of time, but there are others in the Coronavirus thread that could comment better than I. I do think it would matter more if you were going to Cameron for the game. Not to mention they are a bit less expensive. For years KMB was the competition, they make incredibly good products but old habits die hard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To test fit either, see if any moisture from respiration fogs a pair of glasses(sunglasses work for that). Fitting them to yourself takes a little practice and they vary with each mask but can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    True. I really doubt you’re “there” for example.
    As a matter of fact, I am rarely there. That has been a common complaint. But I am here. Solidly here.

ETA: I just ordered a box of 25 from Amazon. I need the kind with straps that go around the ears. I have too much hair to wear the ones with straps that go over your head.
    I was too slow typing...

Correct. Although I do live in Clemmons.

It's like people who force nicknames. No, people don't really call you "Big T," they mostly call you "Terrance."