The Podcast is back (featuring a special football guest!)

A brand new podcast is out! We have a long conversation with Jim Sumner about Duke football (and a little bit of basketball) and we react to the breaking news that Frank Jackson has committed to Duke. Check it out!!

-Jason "Jim is more than a little optimistic about Duke football!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

DBR Podcast Episode 27: Jim Sumner helps us preview Duke Football

The podcast team is back to what we think will be a regular schedule, with football starting this week. Resident Duke expert Jim Sumner was kind enough to join us to break down the team at the end of training camp.

If you're listening to the podcast, please provide feedback here or on iTunes. I mentioned this in the recording, but we aren't quite sure where our audience is in terms of football knowledge, so we want to know how best to work with the material. Any and all thoughts are appreciated, be they on football or the show in general.

Timestamps to come tomorrow, but for now, the usual links:

Soundcloud
    iTunes
    Stitcher

Edit: Jason beat me to the post by about two minutes, but I got all the important minutiae like the episode number and all the links, so I'm calling it a draw.
    Last edited by Dev11; 09-02-2015 at 01:23 AM.

It's good to have Football back and it's good to be back on the podcast grind! Many thanks to Jim once again for joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A brand new podcast is out! We have a long conversation with Jim Sumner about Duke football (and a little bit of basketball) and we react to the breaking news that Frank Jackson has committed to Duke. Check it out!!

-Jason "Jim is more than a little optimistic about Duke football!" Evans
    Jason, it's nice to put a voice with a post. This was was a great podcast, and I could listen to Jim talk Duke Football all day long! Thanks for sharing. It made my expense reports exercise this morning that much more enjoyable.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    I could listen to Jim talk Duke Football all day long!
    I had more questions for him, but I knew if I asked them all, we'd run way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I had more questions for him, but I knew if I asked them all, we'd run way too long.
    I would love to know what went unasked. I like Jim's confidence in Sirk, that makes me feel pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    I would love to know what went unasked!
    Jason was going to ask Jim what he thought of Woodrow Wilson, but decided that the response was probably "too PPB"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Jason was going to ask Jim what he thought of Woodrow Wilson, but decided that the response was probably "too PPB"
    Kentucky fans, Maryland trolls, bar-b-q wars & Woodrow Wilson -- the four horses of the DBR apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Kentucky fans, Maryland trolls, bar-b-q wars & Woodrow Wilson -- the four horses of the DBR apocalypse.
    Maybe they could ask him the most pressing question possible:

Vinegar, tomato, or mustard?

(I think I know his answer, although he is from a border area IIRC).

We have a much larger stable of equines we regularly flog into asystole than those four. You forgot recruiting, early entry, loathing and disgust for all that is tarheelian, schedule difficulty, nerd polls/stats and, of course, rosterbation.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ... You forgot recruiting, early entry, loathing and disgust for all that is tarheelian, schedule difficulty, nerd polls/stats and, of course, rosterbation ...
    I see those merely as rungs of Dante's posting hell -- posters spending their days ceaselessly debating the same topic. The four horses, in contrast, bring sure thread annihilation. I mean, c'mon, Woodrow Wilson?! There's a reason Godwin's Law posits that the longer a thread goes on, the probability of a comparison involving Woodrow Wilson approaches 1.

I see those merely as rungs of Dante's posting hell -- posters spending their days ceaselessly debating the same topic. The four horses, in contrast, bring sure thread annihilation. I mean, c'mon, Woodrow Wilson?! There's a reason Godwin's Law posits that the longer a thread goes on, the probability of a comparison involving Woodrow Wilson approaches 1.
    Woodrow? Godwin's Law? Mein Führer says guten tag.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

One more...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Woodrow? Godwin's Law? Mein Führer says guten tag.

It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    It's over.
    "Nothing is over until we decide it is!"

Excellent job, gents. And The interview with Jim was excellent!