Page 1090 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 905909901040108010881089109010911092110011401190 ... LastLast
Results 21,781 to 21,800 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You’re right, all isn’t appropriate to say. Polling suggests about half of his voters believe him when he says the election was rigged. So, 35M and change. I do believe that if Trump did figure out a way to bypass things we would add to the 35M some number that shrugged their shoulders and were okay with it because their guy was back in. As you say, still a scary lot.
    I agree that not everyone who voted for Trump supports the current situation. That being said, as noted, many do. And it would be nice if more of the group who don't, particularly those who hold elected office, spoke up. Because given the long-term damage being done to faith in our electoral system, silence is consent. And I'm sure there are many on that side who think that I am others here are being melodramatic, but a) we aren't, and b) it is because we care about this country. It would be nice if more members of the media would put a microphone in front of these elected officials and not take it away until they got a yes/no answer on where they stand. Because we have gotten well past the phase of "entitled to a recount based on state law."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Third Circuit zapped the appeal from Rudy’s PA case just now. On to the Supremes I guess.

(The order is pretty blistering, and is authored by a Trump appointee FWIW).
    C'mon, OPK, you should have given us some of the juice!

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the President. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,”
    “[I]ts alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold,”
    “The Campaign cites no authority suggesting that an actor discriminates by treating people equally while harboring a partisan motive,” he concludes, “and we know of none.”
    So I guess the president is not an authority. And what CNC said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...inY?li=BBnbfcL

Third Circuit zapped the appeal from Rudy’s PA case just now. On to the Supremes I guess.

(The order is pretty blistering, and is authored by a Trump appointee FWIW).
    Can the Supreme court just say that they've read the Third Circuit decision, they don't see anything worth reviewing, and just ignore it? I know they only rule on a small percentage of the cases that are appealed to them. I'm guessing that for political reasons this might not be an option, but it really seems like they should show deference to the lower court here and save their time for more important things.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Can the Supreme court just say that they've read the Third Circuit decision, they don't see anything worth reviewing, and just ignore it? I know they only rule on a small percentage of the cases that are appealed to them. I'm guessing that for political reasons this might not be an option, but it really seems like they should show deference to the lower court here and save their time for more important things.
    They can absolutely deny a petition for cert - with some very small exceptions not relevant here, the Supreme Court's jurisdiction over a case is entirely voluntary.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    They can absolutely deny a petition for cert - with some very small exceptions not relevant here, the Supreme Court's jurisdiction over a case is entirely voluntary.
    What pfrduke said. And for normal litigants, the odds of cert being granted here is zilch. Not to bog down in technicalities, but Rudy did not ask the trial court to stay its order as required and did not appeal the substantive rulings against Trump. The only issue is: whether the trial court abused its discretion in refusing to grant Trump’s second motion to amend his complaint — just days before the vote certification deadline — to add back fraud claims it had previously included but then voluntarily dismissed from the lawsuit.

I will note that all three judges at the Third Circuit were Republicans, including the author whom Trump appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    C'mon, OPK, you should have given us some of the juice!
    Here’s a link to the opening few paragraphs and the concluding ones — both worth reading:

https://twitter.com/orinkerr/status/...495932930?s=21

Here’s a link to the opening few paragraphs and the concluding ones — both worth reading:

https://twitter.com/orinkerr/status/...495932930?s=21
    "And federal law does not require poll watchers or specify how they may observe."

Hold it, I thought a poll watcher was a sacred person in our country. Though people don't know what a poll watcher is. But it's sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    "You've had these massive dumps. Nobody's ever seen anything like it."

Um, we're still talking about ballots, right?
    I think that this quote is the driving force behind the trending hashtag #DiaperDon

One step forward, two steps back, tweet some drivel, that's how you do the DJT shuffle:

Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem!
    Last edited by bundabergdevil; 11-27-2020 at 07:00 PM.

One step forward, two steps back, tweet some drivel, that's how you do the DJT shuffle:

Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem!
    Logic like this makes it pretty clear why he is 1-38 in court cases at the moment.

Milwaukee County finished their recount. Biden adds 132 votes. Paid for by the Trump campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Milwaukee County finished their recount. Biden adds 132 votes. Paid for by the Trump campaign.
    I wonder if any more donors will sue to get their money back?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Logic like this makes it pretty clear why he is 1-38 in court cases at the moment.
    Hey, a 2.6% rate of success is not all that much worse than Duke’s 3-pt percentage during the 2018 season. And they made it to the Elite 8. So don’t get too cocky, broseph. 😊

I seem to recall some good natured asides on this thread about how and when the parties prioritize national debt soapboxing (hint: it's not when they're in power). So, this article title from TheHill made me laugh: Republicans Ready to Become Deficit Hawks Again Under a President Biden.

I'm not going to link it but Trump tweeted this afternoon that Biden can't take office unless he proves his votes weren't fraudulent.

Seriously. Some weapons-grade delusion at work here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm not going to link it but Trump tweeted this afternoon that Biden can't take office unless he proves his votes weren't fraudulent.

I need an Advent calendar counting down the last 50+ days of this administration, with a handful of Tylenol or stronger behind each day.

Someone please make this happen, thanks in advance.

I agree that not everyone who voted for Trump supports the current situation. That being said, as noted, many do. And it would be nice if more of the group who don't, particularly those who hold elected office, spoke up. Because given the long-term damage being done to faith in our electoral system, silence is consent. And I'm sure there are many on that side who think that I am others here are being melodramatic, but a) we aren't, and b) it is because we care about this country. It would be nice if more members of the media would put a microphone in front of these elected officials and not take it away until they got a yes/no answer on where they stand. Because we have gotten well past the phase of "entitled to a recount based on state law."
    This is important enough that I feel compelled to underscore it.

We're experiencing something we've never experienced.

It is absolutely incorrigible and dangerous.

It's long past time for the Republicans in Congress who have been disparaging this guy privately but praising him publicly (and voting with him!) to stand up.

And it's important for those who voted for him to stand up against this actual and ongoing threat to the peaceful transfer of power to stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Trump can't stop it. He can tweet all he wants.

And the answer is...

https://ballotpedia.org/How_and_when...ized%3F_(2020)

Perhaps Kellyanne Conway left the WH staff as lead counsel because the WH lacked understanding of the law?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    And the answer is...

https://ballotpedia.org/How_and_when...ized%3F_(2020)

Perhaps Kellyanne Conway left the WH staff as lead counsel because the WH lacked understanding of the law?
    Thanks! What's the Kellyanne Conway reference highlighting here?