Page 163 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 67370

Smile Good news

Well, we offered a contract on a house, and the owners accepted our last counter. The best news is that we got a fast close that will allow us to move without storage. We offered our first bid at 4PM, and finished all counters/discussions by 10PM.

Woo-hoo!!

Hopefully the inspector won't come up with much.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Well, we offered a contract on a house, and the owners accepted our last counter. The best news is that we got a fast close that will allow us to move without storage. We offered our first bid at 4PM, and finished all counters/discussions by 10PM.

Woo-hoo!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I heard the offer that sealed the deal was when you offered the seller (a lifelong ky wildcat fan) "unlimited posting privileges on the DBR under anybody's name but billybreen" and they went wild with glee, signed the contract and immediately vacated the house. Any truth to that tale?

Wink Whatever happened to Aminu Timberlake?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I heard the offer that sealed the deal was when you offered the seller (a lifelong ky wildcat fan) "unlimited posting privileges on the DBR under anybody's name but billybreen" and they went wild with glee, signed the contract and immediately vacated the house. Any truth to that tale?
    They vacated earlier this year. I wonder if they were connected with the UK Basketball Museum that went under.

While getting the house, we had only one conversation with someone in which the phrase "Love Tap" came up.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Woo-hoo!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    That's great news! Did you check the yard for a raccoon skull?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woo-hoo!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Well, I am sorry that you must live in the Land of Darkness, but congratulations on the house nevertheless!
    Last edited by blublood; 08-06-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Smile Skulls R Us

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's great news! Did you check the yard for a raccoon skull?
    Have yet to do a wildlife survey of the new place.

FWIW, a chiropteran was found in our current home. It started roosting there no more than a couple of weeks. It was timed well with the release of The Dark Knight.

Smile Kentucky vs. Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Well, I am sorry that you must live in the Land of Darkness, but congratulations on the house nevertheless!
    Thanks, blublood!

At least it's a good-sized college town... with loads of horses. And the 'cue is probably better than over here in Georgia.

Unfortunately, the mortgage rates are soaring as I type. It's all about the news from Freddie Mac.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Have yet to do a wildlife survey of the new place.

FWIW, a chiropteran was found in our current home. It started roosting there no more than a couple of weeks. It was timed well with the release of The Dark Knight.
    Very cool, and excellent timing. Coincidence? Perhaps.

I've had bats in my neighborhood for many moons. I'm not sure where they're roosting, but I don't think that it is in my house. They appear around dusk, and begin their attack on the flying insects.

Woo-hoo!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Especially on not having to do the storage thing. My monthly storage bill is $968. And it's killing me because there are things that I need--like my diplomas and law license and office furniture--for work, and yet they're crated with the rest of my belongings and sitting in a warehouse and I can't access them.

I miss my stuff. I'm glad you don't have to be separated from your furniture.

lte

They vacated earlier this year. I wonder if they were connected with the UK Basketball Museum that went under.

While getting the house, we had only one conversation with someone in which the phrase "Love Tap" came up.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Christian Laettner is another good response

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Christian Laettner is another good response
    If I mentioned that name, the mortgage lender would have added a few points to our interest rate.

Ahh, you should try Wachovia then...or are they out of business yet? Bob Steel taking over for Ken Thompson = Duke over Chapel Hill

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ahh, you should try Wachovia then...or are they out of business yet? Bob Steel taking over for Ken Thompson = Duke over Chapel Hill
    They're sure trying to be in our neck of the woods. My aunt used to work at a Wachovia branch in lending and they cut her job with almost nothing in the way of severance from what I understand. Wachovia, we barely knew ye... now give us back our Southtrusts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    1950 - New York Yankees over Philadelphia Phillies (the Whiz Kids)
    1951 - New York Giants over New York Yankees (the 'Miracle of Coogan's Bluff' and the 'Shot Heard Round the World' to get there.)
    1952 - New York Yankees
    1953 - New York Yankees
    1954 - New York Yankees
    1955 - Brooklyn Dodgers over New York Yankees (Wait 'Til Last Year!)
    1956 - Yankees
    1957 -
    1958 - Milwaukee Braves
    1959 - somebody beat the Chicago White Sox and I think it was the Milwaukee Braves
    1960 - Pittsburgh Pirates over New York Yankees (Bill Mazeroski)
    1961 - New York Yankees over Cincinnati Reds
    1962 -
    1963 - pretty sure it was Yankees over LA Dodgers
    1964 - LA Dodgers over New York Yankees
    1965 - Minnesota Twins
    1966 - unless it was '66 when the Twins won
    1967 - St. Louis Cardinals over Boston Red Sox
    1968 - Detroit Tigers over St. Louis Cardinals
    1969 - New York Mets over Baltimore Orioles
    I believe 1966 was the O's over the Dodgers (IIRC that was a sweep). As you requested I did not look this up and hoping my memory isn't failing me.

Thumbs down

I found out today that my car is dead (long story...perhaps I'll tell it after I finish fuming). As most/all of you presumably know, I'm a grad student.
    Grad student=can't afford a new car.
    Flippin' sweet.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I found out today that my car is dead (long story...perhaps I'll tell it after I finish fuming). As most/all of you presumably know, I'm a grad student.
    Flippin' sweet.
    Sorry about that. I've been there.

In the interim, perhaps you can get a deal through Emory to use MARTA? It would be good if you had it for as long as it takes you to get another car.

Ugh...

Sorry,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My apartment was robbed 4 days after I first moved to Boston (the very first night I went out). I had no renter's insurance at the time. Among many other things, they stole all my good shoes, no kidding. My car was stolen from the lot beside my building 2 months later. It's really a wonder that I stayed.

Anyway, I got the blue book value for my stolen car but it wasn't enough to actually buy another one so I went carless for 8 months or so. It is mostly possible in Boston, but I swear, everytime I went to the laundromat it would start raining during the walk home.

Flippin' sweet.
    Dude, that blows hard. I'm really sorry.

Flippin' sweet.
    Sorry to hear that wilson. Sending you good vibes buddy, wish I could send more.

Hmm, it's 3AM here in the PNW; and 5AM in Atlanta -- I wonder if our resident insomniac is up early? (and why am I still at work? )