Page 2831 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 18312331273127812821282928302831283228332841288129313331 ... LastLast
Results 56,601 to 56,620 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They gave him five games. A statement, but a weak one IMO.
    "At least five games" is what ESPN is reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm certain that an indeterminate length suspension will end this controversy and discussion so they can really get past this distraction.
    Your certainty, my friend, has my envy!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don't think I've ever worked anywhere with Nets level dysfunction.
    Sadly, I have.

That thread is producing some interesting mod behavior. Mods quitting, mods trolling. KI just burning it all down.

That thread is producing some interesting mod behavior. Mods quitting, mods trolling. KI just burning it all down.
    Sorta kinda showing why it was not unwise to lock the first one.

Yep. Stuck my toe in that water yesterday and had it promptly bitten off. My mistake

StrayGator is a great mod and I would argue so good that I had no idea he was a mod. I think that is suggestive that maybe he was the best one. I have never seen a mod behave how SupaDave has. But I don't think they should close that thread. SupaDave has no business on there. But people should be able to refute antisemitism when it is from one of our own. I defended Kyrie through a lot, but I draw the line at hate speech.

I had vowed to not go to any thread regarding KI, as I was completely over him. But I went back today to see which mod quit, and why. I agree with those who think the mods do an admirable, thankless job. This particular mod is one of my favorites, and I hope he reconsiders, but at the minimum, I hope he continues posting his thoughtful opinions on the board.

Who quit? Don’t want to Wade through all that junk to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Who quit? Don’t want to Wade through all that junk to figure it out.
    StrayGator. He’s a very thoughtful guy. It’s a weird thread but involving a series of topics now (lumping in the Jones stuff) about which people are rightfully really emotional. I’m with Kareem; I doubt Kyrie will change and now it’s up for the institutions that surround him to figure out how they’ll deal with him.

Oh no. I really hope Stray sticks around as he is a good poster.

Back to air conditioning weather…

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Back to air conditioning weather…
    Here too! Crazy warm.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Here too! Crazy warm.
    It was 60 in Winterpeg this week during the day and 40 at night. I didn't take a coat. To Winterpeg. Where every parking spot in the city has outlets for keeping your oil from freezing in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It was 60 in Winterpeg this week during the day and 40 at night. I didn't take a coat. To Winterpeg. Where every parking spot in the city has outlets for keeping your oil from freezing in your car.
    ah yes, engine block heaters, I remember telling you about them in Edmonton...had one myself in VT when I had a big old American car with a V-8 engine and lots of thick oil...we've been 70 during the day and 28 when I wake up, kind of like it.

Saving the chili cheese dogs for dinner and a football game.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I stuck my toe in the Kyrie cesspool. You can call me mixer all day if you like. I'm like Paul's uncle. (Kudos to anybody who correctly identifies that reference!)

I completely expect to be attacked for my post, but it will give me a laugh. There are known to me wankers in that thread and I hope I've set them off. If I don't set them off, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    FYI, can confirm, this DBRite can hold his Tandoori Chicken.

Apparently, there is a daily positive affirmation skill on Alexa enabled devices. The gall that they just suggested I install it. I wonder if it was written by Stuart Smalley.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Apparently, there is a daily positive affirmation skill on Alexa enabled devices. The gall that they just suggested I install it. I wonder if it was written by Stuart Smalley.

Those are the only positive affirmations that count. Because you are good enough! You are smart enough! And, gosh darn it, people like you!