Page 1627 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 62711271527157716171625162616271628162916371677172721272627 ... LastLast
Results 32,521 to 32,540 of 67662
    Had to mow the lawn today.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Had to mow the lawn today.
    I did what I figured was my last mow last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    my last one was around Labor Day.
    Outdoor chairs got covered today, cushions came inside, all making way for the coming glacier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I once asked all of my sons, individually, if they thought I had a favorite child and if so, who it was. I got the same answer 3 times: "Me! And [Arrow]." Arrow just answered, "Me!" I took that as a sign that I was doing something right.
    Was his lucky TV rubs the tipping point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Took Arrow to MGH yesterday for an appointment with his orthopedist (yes, the kid sees an orthopedist for his scoliosis) and the result is things have gotten bad enough that he needs surgery. Full spinal MRI next Friday (day after Thanksgiving), follow-up appointment with his orthopedist on Dec. 10 when we will discuss surgical options. His doc feels he is a prime candidate for a new kind of surgery. If we go that route he will be one of the first 1000 people in the world to have it.
    I'd the procedure originate at MGH? Hope it goes well if that is the route he goes.

Our houseguest who found herself without a place to stay during Covid-19 just left for Portland Oregon this morning. Bittersweet to see her go after three months - wishing her and her sweet dog safe adventures.
    She is lucky to have you for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my last one was around Labor Day.
    Outdoor chairs got covered today, cushions came inside, all making way for the coming glacier.
    We've been 5-10 degrees warmer than normal the last month. I'm certain there are some neighbors who are using their heaters in the morning and their A/C in the afternoon. There is a La Nina going on, so this isn't unexpected.

Showering. Clean it all or just the stinky bits?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Showering. Clean it all or just the stinky bits?
    I used to cover all the real estate but I’ve become more efficient in my middle age.

She is lucky to have you for a friend.
    We didn't know each other all that well at the outset, but we sure do now!

Stunningly beautiful day today.

I used to cover all the real estate but I’ve become more efficient in my middle age.
    TMI?

TMI?
    Perhaps. I was just reflecting on how my hygiene practices have changed. I use shampoo a few times a week but haven't used any sort of gel, spray, mousse or other styling product in years and years. Deodorant swipes used to be, um, excessive. When I wear it now, it's 1-2. And I'm not even sure I remember what CK1 smells like anymore! There's still half a tank in my college cologne form 20 years ago which was a much more sophisticated and gentlemanly Ralph Lauren Eau de Toillette Spray.

And, yeah, I don't spend much time soaping my knees and elbows and I guess I don't care who knows it!

Perhaps. I was just reflecting on how my hygiene practices have changed. I use shampoo a few times a week but haven't used any sort of gel, spray, mousse or other styling product in years and years. Deodorant swipes used to be, um, excessive. When I wear it now, it's 1-2. And I'm not even sure I remember what CK1 smells like anymore! There's still half a tank in my college cologne form 20 years ago which was a much more sophisticated and gentlemanly Ralph Lauren Eau de Toillette Spray.

And, yeah, I don't spend much time soaping my knees and elbows and I guess I don't care who knows it!
    Covid stay at home has certainly changed my habits. Deodorant doesn't get used unless I somehow forget and put it on. I have missed more showers when the weather has been cool than I care to admit. But I do floss more than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I got my first excellent tutorial in stinky provolone at the Italian Market in South Philly, what a marvelous place. Say hi to them for me!
    Cool! At Di Brunos? Bunch of places down there but that's the cheese shop that gets a lot of the media.

We stayed in downtown Philadelphia for about a month in January 2020 to be near one of the hospitals and my job was to make sure my wife (and me) were fed so I'd usually walk out to pick up lunch/dinner. I usually deadheaded for the Italian Market (the Italian core is still there but it gets called an International Market a lot now because there's a good bit more diversity) or Reading Terminal Market.

The best tacos I'd had since a trip to Mexico in 2017 were at a place called South Philly Barbacoa. It has received a lot of press, too, from what I understand but all they do is barbacoa with some pickled accoutrement and hot sauces. Out-freaking-standing!

This house is clean.

After several hours of cleaning, I say this also. Being careful not to look too closely.

Pork chops and ...

Pork chops and ...
    Applesauce.

My sister fell and broke her nose trying to donate goods. Nasty injury.