Page 1545 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 54510451445149515351543154415451546154715551595164520452545 ... LastLast
Results 30,881 to 30,900 of 67371

🤡🌎...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Is anybody else already worrying about we can make trick-or-treat happen this year? Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

No joke, I just read a book about an Icelandic sheep farmer. But that's irrelevant because it's a goat!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Is anybody else already worrying about we can make trick-or-treat happen this year? Just me?
    Nope

Our strategery for Halloween is the same as New Year’s Eve and July 4th. We take our three Mini Shcnauzers to the basement to keep them calm, due to fireworks on the last two, and the doorbell ringing on Halloween. The only difference is that we turn off all lights for Halloween. We used to enjoy the kids and their costumes on Halloween until we got the dogs. Also, it didn’t help when some of the “kids” started appearing to be in their early 20’s.

I’m still worried about trying to make fetch happen.

I always enjoy hanging out and handing out candy to the local rugrats. Discussing which wine or brew the parents chose to imbibe during the walk around the neighborhood. Don't see that happening this year, unfortunately.

kids are mostly grown around here. Years ago, in our sparsely populated neighborhood, a dozen or so kids would wander by. Then it became all about density (they must have commissioned a study on candy acquisition strategies) and parents would haul them off to condo projects where density reigned and mass quantities of candy could be collected with minimal movement.

Sitting in a parking lot. Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sitting in a parking lot. Waiting...
    I must have had the meeting time wrong! If I leave now, I can be there in 14 hours, assuming stops stay under 2 hours.

We are looking at how we can do "trunk or treat" at church without handing out candy at each trunk and keeping everyone socially distant. It will definitely take some creativity to make it fun for the kids.

Halloween is a big deal where I live and I don't even live in the most active part of my city. I regularly give out about 10 bags of candy, a little less when it's rainy, a little more when it's a Friday or Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I must have had the meeting time wrong! If I leave now, I can be there in 14 hours, assuming stops stay under 2 hours.
    Lol, at the vet's office. Since this is a short visit, I play on the phone until they bring Mary the cat back out. 1 down, 1 more to go today.

Halloween is a big deal where I live and I don't even live in the most active part of my city. I regularly give out about 10 bags of candy, a little less when it's rainy, a little more when it's a Friday or Saturday night.

How do you do when it snows? Similar to rain or busier?

1 down, 1 more to go today.
    One down one to go, another town and one more show...

I'm genuinely astounded that people think their opinions of the spork system warrant a 55-post thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm genuinely astounded that people think their opinions of the spork system warrant a 55-post thread.
    I learned something from that thread - I didn't realize that the number of sporks shown for a poster was limited to 11.

How do you do when it snows? Similar to rain or busier?
    I say this with a certain amount of fear because it is 2020 after all, but, so far, after living in New England for over 30 years now, it has not yet snowed on Halloween. Veteran's Day, yes, but Halloween? Not that I can remember.

I say this with a certain amount of fear because it is 2020 after all, but, so far, after living in New England for over 30 years now, it has not yet snowed on Halloween. Veteran's Day, yes, but Halloween? Not that I can remember.
    I remember trick-or-treating in snow in the 70's in Connecticut.