Page 1202 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2027021102115211921200120112021203120412121252130217022202 ... LastLast
Results 24,021 to 24,040 of 67662
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good lord wilson! I'm hoping you made it through. Treat yourself to a beer before you get that tattoo.
    The liquid currently in my hand is stiffer and browner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Ymmm, Bourbon? or Single malt?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    So, it is or isn’t eligible for that Ymmm, Beer thread?

Weird, my finger is swollen...I recall hurting a few weeks ago but only a little tenderness for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Ymmm, Bourbon? or Single malt?
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, it is or isn’t eligible for that Ymmm, Beer thread?
    It was Ymmm, bourbon.
    Very pleased with my new ink.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    One of my husband's physics colleagues likes to have dinner parties at his house when visiting scientists come into town. Tuesday was one such night. I was pressed, as I always am, after dessert to "Just try this" as all the cognacs and liqueurs come out. Since my husband drove, for a change, I did try this. I had (all in shot glasses) a lovely single malt whiskey (and I'm not usually one for single malts but this one was special, wish I could remember the name of it), port, cognac, a light amber colored liqueur that I don't know what it was, all on top of the white wine I had with the dinner itself. I told the host it was more alcohol than I'd probably drunk in the rest of 2019 combined. He said, while giving me a big hug, that I had made him very happy.

This same colleague was the host of the infamous party where I got Norman Ramsey and Dudley Herschbach to discuss Shakespeare all night.

Nice bit of name dropping there BD.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yes, I love name dropping people most of us have to google. ;-) It's a joke with my theater friends. Yeah? You worked at the Huntington with Nick Offerman? Well, I've had dinner with Wolfgang Ketterle.

Bobby De Niro once told me that dropping names was an American pastime.

My name inspired a song. The writer of it may deny it, but it is easy to see.

My face has launched a thousand ships.

My name inspired a song. The writer of it may deny it, but it is easy to see.
    Beach Boys sang about me - but the songwriter spelled my middle name wrong. People always try to leave off the e. (So what if I was only 1 when it was written, I'm sure Fred was thinking about me.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Beach Boys sang about me - but the songwriter spelled my middle name wrong. People always try to leave off the e. (So what if I was only 1 when it was written, I'm sure Fred was thinking about me.)
    Your name is Little Deuce Coup(e)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Help M(e) Rhonda?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Help M(e) Rhonda?
    Almost but not quite.

Almost but not quite.
    Surf(e)r Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Surf(e)r Girl?
    Skat(e)r Boi?

Skat(e)r Boi?
    Little Old Lady From Pasad(e)na?

(Sorry DinK, too easy to pass on. Sending a quart of my famous mashed potatoes as an apology token).

And, I listened to your real namesake song tonight in your honor to atone. And because, well, it’s a great song.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Little Old Lady From Pasad(e)na?

(Sorry DinK, too easy to pass on. Sending a quart of my famous mashed potatoes as an apology token).

And, I listened to your real namesake song tonight in your honor to atone. And because, well, it’s a great song.
    Except for the Pasadena part, I resemble that song. No apology necessary but taters are gratefully eaten.

Young man at church (3 at the time) stopped at my office door to sing the song to me a few months ago. He didn't know that it was my middle name - just knew the first name was mine. He is such a cutie.

Except for the Pasadena part, I resemble that song. No apology necessary but taters are gratefully eaten.

Young man at church (3 at the time) stopped at my office door to sing the song to me a few months ago. He didn't know that it was my middle name - just knew the first name was mine. He is such a cutie.
    If it’s my consolation, kids in school told me not to be a hero all through the mid-70’s.