Page 1397 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 3978971297134713871395139613971398139914071447149718972397 ... LastLast
Results 27,921 to 27,940 of 67416
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It may have to go to a weekly format.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It may have to go to a weekly format.
    That does tend to allow for greater character development.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That does tend to allow for greater character development.
    Yes.

I can also just start making stuff up. I am a playwright after all. I do make stuff up all the time.

Yes.

I can also just start making stuff up. I am a playwright after all. I do make stuff up all the time.
    Just don't yada yada the best parts.

I'm about to yada yada myself to sleep.

Yada, yada, and good night,
    with roses bedight
    with lilies bespread
    yada, yada, wee bed

Yada, yada, yada, and now I’m wide awake.

I can also just start making stuff up.
    You should run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You should run for office.
    Wouldn’t that be a different thread?

It is a shame that the necessary attributes for being a good politician are not pulled from the same skill set as the necessary attributes required for being a good elected official.

It is a shame that the necessary attributes for being a good politician are not pulled from the same skill set as the necessary attributes required for being a good elected official.
    True story. To me, it seems as though people have gotten lazy in researching candidates. Elections have become more about name recognition and less about actual qualifications.

In the past, I’ve threatened to change my name to None of the Above and run for political office. The problem is, I’m afraid I would win.

Sigh...sigh.

Time to throw out some more junk?

Surprisingly it was a quiet weekend in that arena. It's more the endless self-absorption of the internet. Whew. The worst offenders are the least aware.

Much more engrossing to thwart the attack of the green mushy caterpillar things on the kale plants. BATTLE!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Starting the process of baking another loaf of sourdough bread, a process that will stretch into tomorrow.

When I went to the grocery store yesterday, there still wasn’t any yeast. Flour was more plentiful than in past trips. I stocked up. Keeping sourdough starter happy takes a bit of flour, as does baking bread. Want to be sure I have enough.

I remember a couple decades ago, bread making machines were all the rage. Have they been dusted off and put to use or is that a bridge too far?

I remember a couple decades ago, bread making machines were all the rage. Have they been dusted off and put to use or is that a bridge too far?
    I think many have. I got rid of mine about a decade ago, once I realized it was just as easy to use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make bread dough.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I think many have. I got rid of mine about a decade ago, once I realized it was just as easy to use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make bread dough.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Starting the process of baking another loaf of sourdough bread, a process that will stretch into tomorrow.

When I went to the grocery store yesterday, there still wasn’t any yeast. Flour was more plentiful than in past trips. I stocked up. Keeping sourdough starter happy takes a bit of flour, as does baking bread. Want to be sure I have enough.
    I shared some of my yeast with a neighbor walking down the street the other day. I get the large package from Costco so had plenty to share.

I bought one so I could make gluten free communion bread for church. I take about 15 minutes to get everything started before bed and then cut the bread in the morning before church. This is why I get the large package of yeast - and why I had plenty to share since I haven't baked communion bread since the first Sunday in March. We have communion the first Sunday of every month.

I have not made many gluten breads - I would want to eat most of the loaf slathered in butter as soon as it was finished baking.

I bought the La Brea Bakery Cookbook, mostly for the recipe for their Chocolate Cherry bread (used to get it at Harris Teeter). The book is still seasoning on the shelf. I figure it needs another year before I actually bake anything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    the La Brea
    As in the tar pits?