Page 319 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2192693093173183193203213293694198191319 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I now have this lovely image of a sideline full of football players wearing red jerseys and chef's hats.
    And probably an urge to eat a Snickers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_EfE-mqgE

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Been there, done that. I left Charlotte for San Diego. I keep ending up in depressing sport's cities.
    Is Atlanta next?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Growing up (and still today among a lot of people), I went by Wil. Not Will. It's short for Wilson, not William, so there's no reason for it to have 2 L's. As you might imagine, this has been cause for considerable confusion on a lot of people's part. Sometimes when asked my name for a list or something, I'll say, "Wil...with one L."
    So a few people over the years have taken to calling me One L. I always rather liked that one.
    I read that Bil Keane, the guy who created the Family Circus cartoon, had a standard answer whenever he was asked why he spelled his name with one 'L'. He said, "Once when I was a little kid, my parents caught me drawing on the walls with crayons and beat the "L" out of me!"

Wow, I missed a posting orgy over the weekend... Congrats on shattering several sound barriers...

Wilson, we need a head elf ruling on Steven Colbert's Christmas. I was laughing at parts of it, especially the duet with Jon Stewart. Mrs Turk was perplexed: "Wait, if this is supposed to be funny, how come I'm not laughing?" Also, it violates the pre-turkey Christmas rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I read that Bil Keane, the guy who created the Family Circus cartoon, had a standard answer whenever he was asked why he spelled his name with one 'L'. He said, "Once when I was a little kid, my parents caught me drawing on the walls with crayons and beat the "L" out of me!"
    Oh boy, Family Circus. I dunno, I'm just not a big fan of that comic. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is Atlanta next?
    There's a possibility for weekend adventures in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure my proximity from Charlotte will be strong enough to suck the Falcons back into the hole from which they're starting to climb.

Wow, I missed a posting orgy over the weekend... Congrats on shattering several sound barriers...

Wilson, we need a head elf ruling on Steven Colbert's Christmas. I was laughing at parts of it, especially the duet with Jon Stewart. Mrs Turk was perplexed: "Wait, if this is supposed to be funny, how come I'm not laughing?" Also, it violates the pre-turkey Christmas rule...
    Yeah I would expect the posts to come fast and furiously over the next month.

Wink

There's a possibility for weekend adventures in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure my proximity from Charlotte will be strong enough to suck the Falcons back into the hole from which they're starting to climb.
    Given that Atlanta and Charlotte are in the same NFL division, you may be the secret weapon for Tampa Bay and New Orleans!

Oh boy, Family Circus. I dunno, I'm just not a big fan of that comic. I dunno.
    Me neither - but I do like cartoons and just remember tripping over the Bil Keane anecdote somewhere. The thing I hate the most is how they keep spitting out comics even after the original artists have shuffled off this mortal coil.

As much as I miss Foxtrot, Calvin, Bloom County, and Boondocks, I admire the artists for deciding to stop when they thought it was time to stop.

Me neither - but I do like cartoons and just remember tripping over the Bil Keane anecdote somewhere. The thing I hate the most is how they keep spitting out comics even after the original artists have shuffled off this mortal coil.

As much as I miss Foxtrot, Calvin, Bloom County, and Boondocks, I admire the artists for deciding to stop when they thought it was time to stop.
    The anecdote was cute. Much cuter than any of his comics. I'm also not cool with continuing the artist's work after they've moved onto greener pastures. In the case of Family Circle, I don't see any obvious decline in quality.

Billy takes this path to school. I dunno did it. Warm, fuzzy family moment. Step. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Given that Atlanta and Charlotte are in the same NFL division, you may be the secret weapon for Tampa Bay and New Orleans!
    Ugh I'd hate to think I was contributing on that level. Perhaps I could move to Dallas and hook up the 'Skins.

Haven't seen it, don't know if I will. Firstly, and most importantly, you're right...it violates the pre-turkey rule.
    Secondly, though: I like Stephen Colbert, and I like Christmas. But I dunno how I really feel about a Stephen Colbert Christmas. Kind of like how I like chocolate, and I like mustard, but I dunno how I feel about chocolate + mustard (well, actually, I do know how I feel about that...).

Haven't seen it, don't know if I will. Firstly, and most importantly, you're right...it violates the pre-turkey rule.
    Secondly, though: I like Stephen Colbert, and I like Christmas. But I dunno how I really feel about a Stephen Colbert Christmas. Kind of like how I like chocolate, and I like mustard, but I dunno how I feel about chocolate + mustard (well, actually, I do know how I feel about that...).
    That's a pretty good analogy, I think Mrs. Turk is in the same camp as you. I'll run it by a few more people and see how it plays.

I did not watch the entire show - I stumbled into it whilst surfing. Chunks of it that I saw had the aforementioned Stewart with a Christmas / Hannukah duet, plus Elvis Costello, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, and Fiest. Looked like he was trying to do a send-up of the Bing Crosby / Osmond Family style Christmas specials.

All the more reason to appreciate the Muppet holiday shows...

I did not watch the entire show - I stumbled into it whilst surfing. Chunks of it that I saw had the aforementioned Stewart with a Christmas / Hannukah duet, plus Elvis Costello, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, and Fiest. Looked like he was trying to do a send-up of the Bing Crosby / Osmond Family style Christmas specials.

All the more reason to appreciate the Muppet holiday shows...
    The attempt at parody actually intrigues me a bit more. Definitely in the vein of the old style Muppet stuff, etc.
    But still, a mixed bag there. Willie Nelson and Elvis Costello good. Toby Keith not good. And I have no earthly idea who "Fiest" is.

The attempt at parody actually intrigues me a bit more. Definitely in the vein of the old style Muppet stuff, etc.
    But still, a mixed bag there. Willie Nelson and Elvis Costello good. Toby Keith not good. And I have no earthly idea who "Fiest" is.
    I am not familiar with her music either, but I believe she is one of those alt-country-roots singer-songwriter types that get critical buzz and a cult following but never go mainstream... oops, wiki says it's "Feist"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feist_(singer)
    Last edited by Turk; 11-24-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: wiki lookup

I am not familiar with her music either, but I believe she is one of those alt-country-roots singer-songwriter types that get critical buzz and a cult following but never go mainstream... oops, wiki says it's "Feist"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feist_(singer)
    Well, that too is intriguing...musically, it's right up my alley.
    Does she have a boyfriend?

Get her number anyway.

Not sure, but she's got a chin like Bruce Campbell's. And that's alright with me. I still find her attractive.

She's the girl that sings the catchy song on Apple's new iPod commercials. You can listen for free here.

Or the Panthers...
    Or the bobcraps...