Page 2390 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 13901890229023402380238823892390239123922400244024902890 ... LastLast
Results 47,781 to 47,800 of 67416
    ordering two pounds of pastrami, a loaf of rye, and a chocolate babka from Katz's Deli has turned me into a drool machine.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ordering two pounds of pastrami, a loaf of rye, and a chocolate babka from Katz's Deli has turned me into a drool machine.
    See you soon!

If "Fansville" was a show I would definitely give it a chance. Boz as the sheriff is one of the 3 best performances I have seen all year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    See you soon!
    wednesday, follow the UPS truck

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Going to cut down the family Christmas tree.
    Which family? Aren’t they going to be mad?

When I was younger, we had a cedar tree in our front yard in a residential neighborhood. My mom had been nurturing it for years so that it could be decorated every year when it got big enough. The Christmas finally came. My parents bought the decorations, and were set to do it. Before that happened, I glanced out the window one day, and saw a man walking out of our yard with our tree over his shoulder. My dad, who was not one to be messed with, caught up with him. I was surprised that there wasn’t a butt whipping. Instead, my dad gave him a stern lecture, using strong Navy language, and brought the tree home. We decorated it, but inside.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Which family? Aren’t they going to be mad?

When I was younger, we had a cedar tree in our front yard in a residential neighborhood. My mom had been nurturing it for years so that it could be decorated every year when it got big enough. The Christmas finally came. My parents bought the decorations, and were set to do it. Before that happened, I glanced out the window one day, and saw a man walking out of our yard with our tree over his shoulder. My dad, who was not one to be messed with, caught up with him. I was surprised that there wasn’t a butt whipping. Instead, my dad gave him a stern lecture, using strong Navy language, and brought the tree home. We decorated it, but inside.
    Yeah. I would have laid hands on him. I threatened a line cutter at the Smithsonian Natural Science museum this summer. It's a pretty good story.

Yeah. I would have laid hands on him. I threatened a line cutter at the Smithsonian Natural Science museum this summer. It's a pretty good story.
    The guy was lucky my dad caught him. My mom would’ve shot him.

Let’s hear the story. My first cousin-in-law once confronted a line cutter, asking them to move to the rear of the line. They refused. Cousin-in-law picked him up and carried him to the back of the line. Received an ovation.
    Last edited by TruBlu; 12-04-2021 at 01:40 PM.

The guy was lucky my dad caught him. My mom would’ve shot him.
    Ha! Fantastic!

Hey budwom, have any recommendations for Vermont or Maine summer vacation lake house lakes? More family friendly than summer lake party poo -flinging. Quieter side versus a big time sport boat lake.

Anyone else welcome to offer suggestions but I know bud is a VT expert.

As a follow up to my above story, the reason my dad didn’t get physical was probably due to him knowing the guy, and knowing he was poor with a big family. I recall that after my dad calmed down, he offered to drive the guy out into the countryside to help him get a tree. The guy refused. Probably thought it might end up being a one way trip.

As a follow up to my above story, the reason my dad didn’t get physical was probably due to him knowing the guy, and knowing he was poor with a big family. I recall that after my dad calmed down, he offered to drive the guy out into the countryside to help him get a tree. The guy refused. Probably thought it might end up being a one way trip.
    Changes the story. Good on your dad. My kids' dad is nuts. But only situationally.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hey budwom, have any recommendations for Vermont or Maine summer vacation lake house lakes? More family friendly than summer lake party poo -flinging. Quieter side versus a big time sport boat lake.

Anyone else welcome to offer suggestions but I know bud is a VT expert.
    Happy to help. Lake Champlain is the big lake, all sorts of spots available...a few words of caution, though. IF you're going later in the summer, some of the shallower bays can end up getting blue green algae which you do not want to mess with. But the broad lake is deep and algae free...so I'd avoid places like Missisquoi Bay (way up north) or St. Albans Bay (also up north)...

I assume you are looking to rent? If so, get on it early, because the nice houses get booked fast, lots of repeat customers..if you find a spot feel free to run it by me via PM, happy to help.

Lake Carmi is a fun lake that is much smaller, June is nice there, but algae can be awful in the second half of the summer...what dates are you looking at?

fter my dad calmed down, he offered to drive the guy out into the countryside to help him get a tree. The guy refused. Probably thought it might end up being a one way trip.
    Miller’s Crossing is not a Christmas movie.

It is 4:58 PM and I just finished my dinner. I am ashamed...

Havarti with dill goes well with any white wine.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

But what do you use cracker wise.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    But what do you use cracker wise.
    Triscuits. Although cracked wheat would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That is my favorite cheese.

Sounds like a lot of work.
    Yep. Fortunately, I'm only responsible for my office but there wasn't a lot of warning - 2 weeks from first I heard to first day at new location/company.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That is my favorite cheese.
    It even goes well with my gravy, which I should start shipping out late next week.