Page 1014 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041012101310141015101610241064111415142014 ... LastLast
Results 20,261 to 20,280 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ...He’s as corny as his old man. Who gets it from a long lines of OlderPK’s.
    That must have made you proud OPK! Nothing better than a kid cracking up his parents.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ...I always found the Patrick Davidson urban legend meme* a bit tiresome...
    Couldn't agree more. Come over here and sit next to me.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

This may be too off topic for this thread - but I was happy to hear that Coach Cutcliffe told Tennessee that he wasn't interested in their job.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    This may be too off topic for this thread - but I was happy to hear that Coach Cutcliffe told Tennessee that he wasn't interested in their job.
    That's pretty dang close to being on topic.

How about this:

What's anyone's favorite sub sandwich chains?

My vote goes for Jersey Mikes and Lenny's.

With regrets, I'm not a huge fan of chain sandwich places. Never heard of Lenny's?

My life is crimped to the Nth degree on bread and I just love it so the idea of a big old sub makes me weep in self-denial.

I agree, this was a good topic reminder after our careening off the track with DinK's "out there, though important" post. We shall refrain from negative sporks in the spirit of 20K pursuit.

It's flounder and spinach for dinner tonight. Roasted brussels and potatoes and piety as sides.

My sister and I were channeling each other - again. PA sister and family will be here longer than usual at Christmas time. Usually, we do all meals at Sister Anne's house and I'll carry in BBQ for one of the meals. I was thinking about possible menus to do a couple of meals this time and then got a text from her asking if I would do a few meals. I did not tell her to get out of my head - although I have done that on past channeling occurrences.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Our relatively recent Christmas dinner tradition is a roast, usually rump, and Yorkshire pudding. Turns out, I make a good Yorkshire pudding. Didn't know I could until I saw a recipe and thought, "That doesn't look hard!" I've done it for the past 3 years and don't intend to change now. Best thing? None of my boys complain about roast and Yorkshire pudding. (I have a couple that do complain about turkey.) This might be my last Christmas at home for awhile though - the parents are getting a bit old to travel, probably time to start going to them. Same with the in-laws. We're done with Santa, so, traveling might not be so hard.

Last year, we changed up our Christmas meal as we were bummed about a late change in plans with PA family staying home. Wonder if we will do that meal again - standing rib roast with potatoes cooked around it and cake instead if pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We only need 152 more!
    So the real issue in my mind is that we will overshoot and pass the target long before it is time. Of course, I could solve that by deleting my profile. That should eliminate a couple thousand posts.

So the real issue in my mind is that we will overshoot and pass the target long before it is time. Of course, I could solve that by deleting my profile. That should eliminate a couple thousand posts.
    Say it ain't so!

Another option would be an agreed upon moment of silence, in honor of our fallen comrades.

Ha! Nice try; welcome to the Hotel California...

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I do not have a problem with this outcome. If we get there early, we get there early.

What is Yorkshire pudding? Recipe?

A very thin batter: lots of eggs and maybe some milk, little bit of flour, salt, pepper, maybe some thyme, a touch of melted butter. Whip that up and pour it into fat left in roasting pan after cooking a haunch of meat. Puffs up and away you go.

Something I haven't had in hundreds of years. I love food.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    A very thin batter: lots of eggs and maybe some milk, little bit of flour, salt, pepper, maybe some thyme, a touch of melted butter. Whip that up and pour it into fat left in roasting pan after cooking a haunch of meat. Puffs up and away you go.

Something I haven't had in hundreds of years. I love food.
    If done right (it isn't difficult) it is super delicious.

Sort of... Puffy gravy.

Oh, I agree, it's wonderful but it isn't allowed in the prison of my diet sensibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh, I agree, it's wonderful but it isn't allowed in the prison of my diet sensibilities.
    I read that as "prison diet."

That's about where it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Ha! Nice try; welcome to the Hotel California...

-jk
    That song was stuck in my head for too much of the day...