Page 1720 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 72012201620167017101718171917201721172217301770182022202720 ... LastLast
Results 34,381 to 34,400 of 67386
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Love Boat -> Fantasy Island night was peak ‘70’s.
    This makes me very very happy that was the decade when I didn't have electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    This makes me very very happy that was the decade when I didn't have electricity.
    Well mr. Kaczynski, we're glad you have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Well mr. Kaczynski, we're glad you have it now.
    Ha, close but no cigar! In fact a close friend of mine grew up in Chicago...after Ted Kaczynski got busted, either Time or Newsweek (can't remember which, of course) ran a picture on the cover of wee child Ted playing in a front yard with my pal and his brother, just as normal kids play...

p.s. but not having electricity got me into grad school!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, close but no cigar! In fact a close friend of mine grew up in Chicago...after Ted Kaczynski got busted, either Time or Newsweek (can't remember which, of course) ran a picture on the cover of wee child Ted playing in a front yard with my pal and his brother, just as normal kids play...

p.s. but not having electricity got me into grad school!
    Wow! That is crazy!

Wow! That is crazy!
    Ted and my friend lived in a real working class neighborhood in Chicago, and both ended up at Harvard on their own merits...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Love Boat -> Fantasy Island night was peak ‘70’s.
    Anyone who was ANYONE in entertainment was in at least one episode of either of these shows. I am still haunted by the Fantasy Island epi where Ralph Malph hooked up with Michelle Pfeiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Anyone who was ANYONE in entertainment was in at least one episode of either of these shows. I am still haunted by the Fantasy Island epi where Ralph Malph hooked up with Michelle Pfeiffer.
    Agreed. I thought that was absolutely nuts in real time. Like he would actually even entertain the thought of hooking up with someone so grotesque. Thank you for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    So Springsteen was apparently arrested for a DWI and only blew a .02. I feel like you could take a swig of mouthwash and blow .02.
    This morning's news indicated he was someplace alcohol wasn't allowed.

More research finds reports saying he pulled over to take pictures with fans. Someone offered him a shot of tequila, which he accepted. He was sitting on his motorcycle in full view of police. When he started to drive off, they pulled him over. Charges are DWI, reckless driving, and consuming alcohol in a xloswx area.

Agreed. I thought that was absolutely nuts in real time. Like he would actually even entertain the thought of hooking up with someone so grotesque. Thank you for posting this.
    Still can't spork you. Is there something wrong with the sporking system?!?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Still can't spork you. Is there something wrong with the sporking system?!?
    I don't know, but that was a Bostondevil apple pie level response and I deserve a spork here. I'm going to etch one in on my phone. That should take care of it. Kidding. Thoughts appreciated.

2 hours, no posts.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    2 hours, no posts.
    For some reason we are posting in the weird betting thread. Probably because posters from other threads have joined us and it gives us a chance to say the same nothing that we say here for a new audience.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Here's my Larry Flynt story:

I moved to DC a few months after graduating college. A friend told me you HAD to have Hill experience to get anywhere in the city and that the best way to get an internship was not to send your resume in with the hundreds of others an office receives but to just show up at your Congressman's office and ask for one. So that's what I did. I went to my Congressman's office and told them I was a constituent and wanted an internship. They didn't have availability but said to go down the hall to another state congressman's office because they were looking. So, I did that too. That office said, "Great, can you start Monday." And that's how I interned for one of the most socially conservative politician's on the planet at the time.

ANYWAY, fast forward a few months and I was in the office essentially by myself because the paid staff was at a team building circle j...um, retreat. I was sifting through the mail and a magazine-sized envelop addressed to the Congressman from Larry Flynt had arrived. "Oh my," I thought. I opened it and sure enough was a short note from Larry Flynt and a copy of Hustler magazine. It had the Barbie twins on the Hustler. I was young and dumb and convinced that I'd stumbled into some real life sex scandal stuff. My socially conservative firebrand liked smut. I sent a panicked email to the Chief of Staff who sent an email that was the closest thing to an eye roll emoji as they had at the time. He told the Scheduler to 'take care of this'. The Scheduler told me what was what, that Larry Flynt sent copies of Hustler to a lot of politicians, and to get rid of it.

I smuggled that copy of Hustler out of the Canon HOB and still have it, sheathed as it were in an envelope addressed to the Congressman.

Also true story: I have been in a Capitol Hill lockdown.
    I never thought it would happen to me, but as a somewhat naïve freshman at a small, prestigious southern university...

...oh, sorry; different magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    I never thought it would happen to me, but as a somewhat naïve freshman at a small, prestigious southern university...

...oh, sorry; different magazine.
    Written words can be powerful.

The in-laws are here. First people been in the house in 6 months. Baby is confused that 'not parents' exist.

The in-laws are here. First people been in the house in 6 months. Baby is confused that 'not parents' exist.
    Good luck with the in-laws. Baby snuggles for grandparents are good for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good luck with the in-laws. Baby snuggles for grandparents are good for everyone!
    Oh, yeah. They're having fun. The baby was definitely confused about the presence of people in the house though! He saw 'em, looked at us and grunted, looked back and pointed and grunted like, "who are these clowns?!?"

At least that's what I imagined in my head...

Oh, yeah. They're having fun. The baby was definitely confused about the presence of people in the house though! He saw 'em, looked at us and grunted, looked back and pointed and grunted like, "who are these clowns?!?"

Fun!

And probably wondered why they talked so funny - assuming they were using the initial baby talk mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And probably wondered why they talked so funny - assuming they were using the initial baby talk mode.
    That and they're Scottish.