Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 59, Clemson 72 - Post-Game Thread

Place your post game thoughts here.

Wow!

That's all I have to say. Wow! The sky has officially fallen.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    A reminder that destructively negative posts that bash the team and/or coaches will be deleted and cited.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Football school. Will Cut's team be ranked higher than K's team this Monday?

Duke Football finished 23.

We are a poor defensive team. We have two talented offensive players but no dependable third option. Lots of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post
    It's over

Yikes !

-- This was not the same Clemson team that lost -- badly -- to FSU two nights ago.

There are just too many things to work on after this game, that I'm not even going to post about them. We came close to doing nothing right in the 2nd half. Dribbled too much and didn't move their feet enough. The zone actually might have been our best defense. Really surprised that Marshall didn't even play. This is not a TEAM right now. But I still love em none the less. GoDuke!

Pretty sure we got out rebounded. Gave up way too many offensive rebounds. Went cold from 3 down the stretch. Jabari looks out of sync with the offense at times. Way too many ticky tack fouls where we reached after being beat on defense because we didn't stay in front or move our feet. I don't think we fought down the stretch either which is disappointing. Shots weren't falling but we gave up on defense.

UVA at home on Monday just became a very important game. If we drop that one I think we are on the bubble for the NCAA tournament.

Dadgummit we're 1-2.

I don't understand the logic on defense at all.

Not sure what to say. I keep hoping that this team can make a surprise turnaround come March, but they've got a loooong way to go, and the time ain't getting any longer.

K has (a) monumental task(s) ahead of him for the rest of the year.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Call me Little. I think we are a very poor team now. There is not any improvement, but a lot of regression.

Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post

After reading the in-game threads, I think it's time for us to stop mocking the IC meltdown...the main difference is that Duke doesn't have an academic scandal to distract them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Discuss the game here, but please keep it civil. Thanks!
    I am worried about this team. Lots if individual talent but it is not coming together. I expected Duke to have a tough game but not to lose by double digits. The lack of inside scoring gives no ability to come back. The lack of inside D is killing Duke. They will need to figure this out. K has not made adjustments but sometimes they do not come without failure. This team will be stronger for it but be prepared for a rocky season. NCAA tourney is not a given at this point. Only good news - we are not peaking early.

This is one of the more frustrating teams to watch. They lack leadership, heart, and cohesion. Back to the drawing boards because we aren't getting it done on either end of the floor. I am firmly in the Plumlee needs to play boat. We got destroyed on the boards and not shot blocking allows drivers to get easy buckets. I thought the zone play should have been used more making Clemson shoot more jumpers rather than allowing them into the paint.

As long as Hood and Parker don't look to involve their teammates on offense, we are going to struggle against solid defenses.

Tongue in cheek, sort of

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    A reminder that destructively negative posts that bash the team and/or coaches will be deleted and cited.
    I'm not sure what we can say that won't be destructively negative. That's how bad the last two Saturday's have been.

I kid, mostly.

We have to change the rotation and the defensive approach, and we have to find something offensively that works other than jumpshooting.

In other words, we need a mulligan on the season. The season up to this point has been, more or less, a complete and utter miss and we've got to start over from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    -- This was not the same Clemson team that lost -- badly -- to FSU two nights ago.
    Right now FSU is better than Duke. And I'm not talking about football either. GoDuke!

I was blacked out on ESPN3. Now I have a couple of hours free this evening now as I won't need to watch the replay. Maybe I'll watch the replay of Cuse over Heels instead.