Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Kyrie's shoe sales just got a boost

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Simple math:

Z + KI > (Z + PG)^x where x = 9f
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I would call this evidence of a confidential $ settlement between Nike, Zion and Duke.

Could Nike have scripted a better timeline since the injury?

Will there ever in the history or future of sports be more attention paid to the shoes an athlete is wearing?

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...

What a great day!

As a basketball fan, Zion is unbelievable. As a college basketball fan, Zion is a hope of light. As a Duke basketball fan, Zion is the most incredible human in the galaxy. I would think about giving up one of my future children to watch him dominate for the next 9 games.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay.

Serious(ish) question: can I root for UNC because I want SOOOOOO BADLY to watch Zion mop the floor with that DISGUSTING shade of blue tomorrow night, ending any sort of fairy tale idea Heel fans might have that their team can hang with our full roster this year?
    I'll put it like this, I won't be upset if Louisville loses tonight.

Zion shooting his shot beforehand!!!

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/zion-wi...ews.74477.html

Have to say, kids will be kids and it’s probably bad form for the girl to expose him like that. But glad to see Zion is well and good.

Totally idiotic question here but aren’t the Kyries made for guards?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Kyries signature feature are treads that ride up the side of the shoe. More applicable for guards who stop on a dime, but also 280 lb ballerinas who stop on a dime.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay.

Serious(ish) question: can I root for UNC because I want SOOOOOO BADLY to watch Zion mop the floor with that DISGUSTING shade of blue tomorrow night, ending any sort of fairy tale idea Heel fans might have that their team can hang with our full roster this year?
    A. It is always wrong to root for them.

B. Even tomorrow we will not be at full roster strength, as Bolden will not be playing. How quickly we forget!

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    A. It is always wrong to root for them.

B. Even tomorrow we will not be at full roster strength, as Bolden will not be playing. How quickly we forget!
    Oh, I know we don't have Bolden. But thumping them with Zion and no Bolden would destroy their fantasy of beating us at full strength. Which, we could of course do in a few weeks anyways.

Thanks for the answers. I admit part of me wants to see Zion hang 50 on the Tar Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Zion shooting his shot beforehand!!!

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/zion-wi...ews.74477.html

Have to say, kids will be kids and it’s probably bad form for the girl to expose him like that. But glad to see Zion is well and good.
    Without knowing if there was any conversation before that line or if that was his opener I'll go ahead and say that is one of the worst pickup lines I've ever heard, which is saying something because I've heard my own. Incredibly tacky for her to post it online though (although you have to know someone from unc is likely to jump at a chance to roast a Duke player). Show it to some friends, have a laugh, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I'm going to get controversial and say that Kyrie's shoes are...not very good looking. I'd never really paid attention before but can't say I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm going to get controversial and say that Kyrie's shoes are...not very good looking. I'd never really paid attention before but can't say I'm a fan.
    ???

I'd say the one thing about them is they are gorgeous and really creative!

As someone who wore Kyrie 1s for 3 years (for basketball purposes), I do not like them at all (I'm a 4/5 who cannot stop on a dime). I now wear Kobe's and they are sooooooo much better/more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    ???

I'd say the one thing about them is they are gorgeous and really creative!

As someone who wore Kyrie 1s for 3 years (for basketball purposes), I do not like them at all (I'm a 4/5 who cannot stop on a dime). I now wear Kobe's and they are sooooooo much better/more comfortable.
    On further review after some googling, I think I just don't like the all-whites Zion is wearing. Other color schemes look much better.

I believe I could be satisfied with a 50-50 split of our games with uNC this year...

Quote Originally Posted by cakerace View Post
    I believe I could be satisfied with a 50-50 split of our games with uNC this year...
    Pretty sure I should just watch that last game from a hospital. No chance in hell I survive without a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Pretty sure I should just watch that last game from a hospital. No chance in hell I survive without a heart attack.
    The basketball gods have spared us. With the success both teams have had, it seems more likely than not to have happened at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    The basketball gods have spared us. With the success both teams have had, it seems more likely than not to have happened at least once.
    At face value yes, but two teams from the same conference have only made the championship game twice (since expansion to 64) so it is maybe a little less surprising. Interestingly, it is fairly routine for 2 teams to make the Final Four (although some of those years they might be on the same side of the bracket which prevents meeting in the championship game).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    At face value yes, but two teams from the same conference have only made the championship game twice (since expansion to 64) so it is maybe a little less surprising. Interestingly, it is fairly routine for 2 teams to make the Final Four (although some of those years they might be on the same side of the bracket which prevents meeting in the championship game).
    IIRC there have been two times we've been close to facing them in the FF. One was 1991, when Kansas beat them in the semis on the other side of the bracket.

I can't remember what the other was.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    IIRC there have been two times we've been close to facing them in the FF. One was 1991, when Kansas beat them in the semis on the other side of the bracket.

I can't remember what the other was.
    It was 1999. Duke won the East Regional. Carolina had a clear shot to win the West Regional, but lost to Weber State in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I hope the seams have been double super-glued! For Zion's sake and Nike's stock price.