Page 29 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139791295291029 ... LastLast
    Confucius say "Winning with meaningless post is meaningless victory".

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Confucius say "Winning with meaningless post is meaningless victory".
    I thought the point of this thread was meaningless posts. I might be in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Posting to up the post count and help someone win a scarf.
    Patrick Davidson once wore a scarf. It was called Chris Paul.

The scarf was not happy, but you can see the effects of touching Patrick Davidson if you watch the scarf's NBA numbers.

wrongly interpreted

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I thought the point of this thread was meaningless posts. I might be in the wrong place.
    My meaningless post about meaningless victory was a meaningless attempt at meaningless humor, shamelessly posting meaninglessly. Is that even a word?

Confuscius say "Being in wrong place better than not being".

600 or bust. We can get there today. Let's do this thing, America.

600 or bust. We can get there today. Let's do this thing, America.
    EarlJam, doing my part. Posting to bring happiness to all and scarves to one.

-EJ

January 10: the day of the scarf. I can feel it.

Ok, new game. Google Images search, find a scarf, and tell us about it.

Hey, here's one:

The Weenie Link Scarf!

Dad got me a cashmere scarf for Christmas a couple of years back. I love it. I also have a couple of others in my regular rotation (except on these flippin' 65-degree January days). The scarf, at least among folks my age, is rather distinctive, yet quite stylish. I frequently hear comments like "you look like a history professor" when wearing one, which of course is pretty much exactly what I'm going for.
    The scarf: an excellent item.
    I win.

To return to an earlier topic, "Roman Legion Hare" is an outstanding Looney Tunes short.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Patrick Davidson once wore a scarf. It was called Chris Paul.

The scarf was not happy, but you can see the effects of touching Patrick Davidson if you watch the scarf's NBA numbers.
    I'm tempted, so tempted, to change the winning number to honor this post, but I can't. I have to stick to my original number. Darn my ethics. (Not really.)

And remember there are 2 scarves available. One for the post and one for the person who figures out why I chose the number I chose. Two scarves. Unless the person who wins the first scarf also gets the reason correct. I'm only knitting one scarf then. So, whoever wins the posting scarf, just don't make a guess as to why. Or send your winning idea to MulletMan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Unless the person who wins the first scarf also gets the reason correct. I'm only knitting one scarf then.
    Can you make the scarf twice as big in that case? A two-ply scarf?

Cute!

Ok - the puppy scarf is definitely cute and I understand that small dogs may have a hard time maintaining body temp on very cold day. But why do people dress their animals in sweaters?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Ok - the puppy scarf is definitely cute and I understand that small dogs may have a hard time maintaining body temp on very cold day. But why do people dress their animals in sweaters?
    Same reason, I think. We've put a sweater on our dude from time to time, but he always seems to resent it.

animals

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My beagle wears a sweater now. Never thought that I would see that day. But she's old and has cushings disease and the meds are causing her coat to shed. And we live in a cold winter climate when global warming is not happening. So she wears a sweater. And she really likes it. I've gotten used to it, too.

Scarves

In addition to knitting scarves, I've also gotten into dyeing silk scarves. It comes in pretty handy when I'm putting an outfit together and need a scarf of a certain color but don't have one.

Last April I needed a burnt orange (which is not a good color for me) scarf to mark the day of mourning/remembrance for the VT shooting victims. Within 10-20 minutes I had a silk scarf the color I needed to complete my outfit.

Knitting is still my favorite way to go, but I also really like dyeing silk scarves.

Same reason, I think. We've put a sweater on our dude from time to time, but he always seems to resent it.
    Here he is, resenting it.

Here he is, resenting it.

In comparing your avatar to this pic, your dog clearly resents the sweater. I trust your giving him/her tons of lovin's (pats, etc) and treats to make up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    In comparing your avatar to this pic, your dog clearly resents the sweater. I trust your giving him/her tons of lovin's (pats, etc) and treats to make up for this.
    That was in a Boston winter a few years back after a haircut. We have him super poofy now, so he doesn't need the sweater. Here he is this year, eating an icicle he found in the yard. He loves ice.

That was in a Boston winter a few years back after a haircut. We have him super poofy now, so he doesn't need the sweater. Here he is this year, eating an icicle he found in the yard. He loves ice.

That is awesome (eating the icicle)! I would think he prefers the poofy look considering the cold ya'll have had, and I think are getting again soon, up there.

I love the animal pics. Ooo, maybe we should start posting pet pics in this thread.