Page 1996 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 99614961896194619861994199519961997199820062046209624962996 ... LastLast
Results 39,901 to 39,920 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    oooh, Danger, Danger! A few years ago my wife and toured some National Parks in Utah, did it in early May, the parks were empty...several park rangers told me that, by far, their biggest problem was tourists stumbling around in grotesquely inappropriate footwear, lots and lots of flip flops, lots and lots of sprained ankles and ugly falls...
    As someone who wears sandals on 90% of my day hikes, I am sympathetic but also feel you have to make allowances and exceptions. I suspect many folks in national parks are not experienced outdoor folks.

If it's easy terrain and I'm not carrying something heavy, I'm happy to wear Chacos and plop my feet in the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    oooh, Danger, Danger! A few years ago my wife and toured some National Parks in Utah, did it in early May, the parks were empty...several park rangers told me that, by far, their biggest problem was tourists stumbling around in grotesquely inappropriate footwear, lots and lots of flip flops, lots and lots of sprained ankles and ugly falls...
    Not just Utah. You do not want to be at the bottom of the Grand Canyon or miles up in the Sierras with blisters from bad shoes. Some people should not be allowed in the back country.

I have seen people asking strangers for water because they didn’t bring enough of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not just Utah. You do not want to be at the bottom of the Grand Canyon or miles up in the Sierras with blisters from bad shoes. Some people should not be allowed in the back country.

I have seen people asking strangers for water because they didn’t bring enough of their own.
    Oh, caveat, wearing sandals into desert backcountry would be supremely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wear shoes. Ain't nobody want to see your feet. This is for everyone with the possible exception of Bostondevil. She raves about her feet.
    Now don't project your feet onto mine. I have cute feet. They are not completely sandal-ready, yet, but I am working on them. And I haven't broken out the flops, yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Now don't project your feet onto mine. I have cute feet. They are not completely sandal-ready, yet, but I am working on them. And I haven't broken out the flops, yet, either.
    I wear shoes maybe 30 days a year.

Ok. Aimo and Bostondevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I wear shoes maybe 30 days a year.
    That has been me this last year. Mainly because I haven't gone any where. I was asked yesterday if I was wearing new shoes. They were a year and a half old, but seldom worn.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wear shoes. Ain't nobody want to see your feet. This is for everyone with the possible exception of Bostondevil. She raves about her feet.
    99% of the time I'm wearing flip flops, there is no human contact. Plus, for safety I don't wear them when doing yardwork.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That has been me this last year. Mainly because I haven't gone any where. I was asked yesterday if I was wearing new shoes. They were a year and a half old, but seldom worn.
    I absolutely chew through shoes with my walking/exercise regimen. I wear only Adidas, because that's what Duke wore in the 80s when I first became a fan. Now obviously Duke switched, but I never did. Although we did wear Converse Weapons in high school. The team all wore the same white with silver and blue Converse. And REAAAAAAAAAAALLY short shorts...although I do have the legs for that.

Best accompaniment to a bagel when cream cheese is not a choice?

I would say hummus and veggies, but you're probably talking breakfast, so I would now say plain.

I would say hummus and veggies, but you're probably talking breakfast, so I would now say plain.
    I should qualify that one is a blueberry and the other cinnamon sugar.

I was thinking maybe creamy wait no, crunchy peanut butter.

How does one “work on them?” Is there like a six-pack abs equivalent for a foot? Are special exercises needed?

Eggs cheese and bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Eggs cheese and bacon.
    And throw away the bagel.

We’re going all in on feet this morning, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How does one “work on them?” Is there like a six-pack abs equivalent for a foot? Are special exercises needed?
    I am assuming this is genetic. I have genetically ugly feet.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    And throw away the bagel.
    Maybe even defenestrate it?

Put them in a bowl with those little fishies.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Pedicures.