Page 739 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 23963968972973773873974074174978983912391739 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,780 of 67415
    I scream
    You scream
    We all scream
    For ice cream.

(There's a cure in those couplets somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I scream
    You scream
    We all scream
    For ice cream.

(There's a cure in those couplets somewhere)
    Perhaps a peach milk shake from Chick-fil-A. That might help. And then a glass/bottle of wine after choir. We may be onto something here.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Sometimes. Today, I just feel like watching "Steel Magnolias," and having a good cry.
    That might help - but I might have to find a different movie. And take my contacts out first.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Perhaps a peach milk shake from Chick-fil-A. That might help. And then a glass/bottle of wine after choir. We may be onto something here.
    I think you're on to something, there.

Can't help with the whole Steel Mags thing -- y'all are on your own with that genre.

I think you're on to something, there.

Can't help with the whole Steel Mags thing -- y'all are on your own with that genre.
    I don't have a favorite "tearjerker". The Kevin Bacon movie [U]Taking Chance[U] will definitely bring on the tears for me. The men and women that work at Dover Air Force base are true Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I can't help but think that these new smilies were implemented just to keep people from using them. Really, they're horrific.
    There are alternatives3.gif.

11.gif

Last night was Girl's Movie Night. We actually went 2 for 2 on movies last night. We watched The Grace Card and Mao's Last Dancer. Really enjoyed both of them -

I heard rumors of a BostonDevil sighting... Or am I just being crazie?
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Must be crazietalk...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The rumors are true - she's been around.

Coming soon to a Message Board near you - the link to the trailer for 'Lights Out, Rowan'!

Subtitle: What I did on my summer vacation.

Just waiting for the go ahead from the director (my brother, Duke '87). I'm hoping TPTB around here will put the link on the home page, this film is covered in Dukies. I'm getting producer credit. I think that's a very nice way of saying thanks for being the PA, props mistress, costumer, assistant make-up artist, assistant director, casting director, and whatever grunt work nobody else wanted/had time to do.

Hopefully in Chestnut Hill yesterday!

Hopefully in Chestnut Hill yesterday!
    My inside sources tell me BD was indeed an eyewitness to the Duke W yesterday.

Congratulations Weezie and Blazindw on the Lions victory over the hapless chefs today. I know the game was in Detroit but it makes me glad that I have no season tickets for the home chef games.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Not only was I at the game but I met Coach Cutcliffe's wife standing in line to buy concessions at the 1st Quarter break. I saw Duke sportswear, I made a comment, she said that she'd come up from NC for the game and that her husband worked at Duke. Oh, what does he do. He's a coach. What does he coach? Football. Well, then.

After the game I encouraged Son Andrew (a hopeful for the Class of '16) to hang out for a bit in case I recognized any other Boston area alumni that had made it to the game. I didn't, but I did meet the moms of three of the players, saw Dean Sue and got to introduce Andrew to her. She encouraged him to apply Early Decision. (Alas, for Andrew, Duke is only Top 2, he's torn between two favorites with no clear cut top choice and even Dean Sue agreed that he should not apply Early Decision.) Still, I figure meeting Dean Sue doesn't hurt. I mentioned to Dean Sue that I knew Matt Daniels and she introduced me to his parents. Andrew and I both chatted with Mom and Dad until Matt came out. Did I earn major points with my oldest son when Matt came over, gave me a hug, and thanked me for coming? Yes, yes, I did. (How do I know Matt Daniels? Go to www.lightsoutrowan.com and watch the trailer.)

Today marks 26 years and 5 months of a great job. It's had its ups and downs but mostly ups. My boss, one of the good ones, retires at the end of the day. Monday I report to a new location, new company, & new co-workers. Where is the nervous smilie when you need it. However, most of my favorite clients will be coming along.

Bragging Aunt time again - a recurring theme with me.

Nephew Alex was part of Penn State's iGem team: http://2011.igem.org/Team:Penn_State

They have advanced from the Americas Regionals and will be going to the Worlds at MIT in November.

Even better - he cared enough to send a text message to his aunts to let us know!

It's college basketball season! Yaaaaaaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    It's college basketball season! Yaaaaaaaay!
    Getting there, for sure! Hope for some good football this weekend too!

I just told Mrs. Turk to "chillax". I enjoyed myself immensely. The next word I want to use in a sentence is "pown"...
    "Quality is not an option!"

I just told Mrs. Turk to "chillax". I enjoyed myself immensely. The next word I want to use in a sentence is "pown"...
    I, too, used "chillax" the other day. I was amused by it for hours.