Page 686 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 18658663667668468568668768869673678611861686 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,720 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would take the $10M - then I could fly anywhere I want. Ok- it wouldn't be like Superman but I could get to a lot of brunchgates with $10M.

I don't have too much trouble with red lights. As Ozzie says, they all turn green - it's just a matter of time.
    I'm planning to win the Powerball jackpot tonight... After splitting it 50/50 with my lottery partner (another Duke grad), I'll have slightly over $10Million before taxes, $~6Million after taxes. That would do very nicely.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHopkins View Post
    Question:

I offer you 3 choices:
    1) from now until you die, everytime you have a red light, it turns green so that you never have to wait again.
    2) $10000 cash.
    3) ability to fly like superman for 20 days.
    Easy one. Money

Traffic jams usually come from something non light related

I hate heights.

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!! MONEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I'm planning to win the Powerball jackpot tonight... After splitting it 50/50 with my lottery partner (another Duke grad), I'll have slightly over $10Million before taxes, $~6Million after taxes. That would do very nicely.
    Actually your net payout in North Carolina would be: $14,144,000. You would get over $7,000,000. (You can send the excess to me!)

You can get the payout number here.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually your net payout in North Carolina would be: $14,144,000. You would get over $7,000,000. (You can send the excess to me!)

You can get the payout number here.
    They withhold 25% Federal and 7% State (NC) for taxes, but wouldn't one actually owe the highest tax bracket amounts, over and above the withholding? Or is the tax on lottery winnings capped by those amounts? Inquiring minds want to know.

OK, I was right. I read to the bottom of the Analysis page.
    1. All of the tax amounts listed above are the taxes withheld at the time of the prize award, not your exact final tax burden. Since every individual winner's situation differs, and every winner chooses to dispense their winnings in a different manner, there is no way for us to determine what your final tax burden will be. For example, someone who gives away a large amount to charities would have a vastly different tax burden than someone who buys new cars and houses. The chart above provides the information that we know for sure: the money that you will initially receive from the lottery.
    2. We are fully aware that the tax rates listed for some states on this page are different than the states' current income and sales tax rates. The state tax rate withheld by the lottery at the time the prize is awarded is oftentimes different than what you would expect to be withheld ("standard" state tax rates). Because of the reason discussed in Note #2, states often try to keep from withholding too much, because they know that many lottery winners do not end up paying a flat (insert highest tax rate here) percent of their winnings in taxes. There are many ways to reduce the tax burden, which is why it is so important to obtain the services of a top-notch professional accountant before claiming the big prize.
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 12-05-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I just bought tickets to the Harvard - George Washington basketball game on December 30th. I'm taking the whole family, 6 tickets, for $51. Go Crimson!

After watching a movie, a friend of mine is considering doing a house swap with another friend of hers for a week this summer.

Funny, I'm watching a cheesy Lifetime movie about a 40 year old woman who's on vacation in Hawaii & has a fling with her much younger surf instructor... thought I'd try that instead.

Now if I could only get to Hawaii...

Ah yes, and then my friend, the dear that she is, reminded me that the reason that the older woman got the hot, younger surf instructor is because she's (played by) Heather Locklear.

My friend is such a killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ah yes, and then my friend, the dear that she is, reminded me that the reason that the older woman got the hot, younger surf instructor is because she's (played by) Heather Locklear.

My friend is such a killjoy.
    Want to get her back?

Tell her she's more likely to end up with Jack Black than Jude Law.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0457939/

I think it's time to watch Love Actually.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I think it's time to watch Love Actually.
    Great movie!

Just to let you know - it is cold and grey outside in Kansas today. No precipitation today but just a dull, dreary day. I would prefer some sun.

Just to let you know - it is cold and grey outside in Kansas today. No precipitation today but just a dull, dreary day. I would prefer some sun.
    here too and i too would either prefer snow or sun.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    here too and i too would either prefer snow or sun.
    You could come join me in West Virginia . . . we have both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I love those days - snow on the ground and the bright sunlight reflecting off it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Where in West Virginia?

anyone else see where Iverson's gonna be starting tonight for the Sixers

Guess you got our weather, and we have yours. It's been sunny and brisk* here for the past several days.

(* Or, if you're a weatherman here with no sense of perspective, a brisk 29 degrees is "Bitterly cold.")

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where in West Virginia?
    I'm at West Virginia Wesleyan College in a tiny town called Buckhannon. It's about an hour south of Morgantown.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Guess you got our weather, and we have yours. It's been sunny and brisk* here for the past several days.

(* Or, if you're a weatherman here with no sense of perspective, a brisk 29 degrees is "Bitterly cold.")
    Today is grey, cold, with occasionally drizzle. The northern part of the metropolitan area got snow overnight. Who knows what will come next. They are predicting some overnight lows below 0 for this week.

I saw The Men Who Stare At Goats over the weekend. The mixed reviews had lowered my expectations enough that I really enjoyed it. I was laughing a lot, sometimes I was the only one in the theater laughing, but still, I enjoyed it. And George isn't even giving us the sexy.