Page 359 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2593093493573583593603613694094598591359 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Did anyone else get the NBC Iron Man triathalon show this afternoon? I'm watching it right now, and some of these stories are moving me to tears. I think you have to be somewhat insane to do something like that, but man, I'm so impressed by what some people can accomplish. The oldest competitor ever finished this year - a 72-yo woman. That's awesome!
    Wow, now that is really awesome!
    Where is everybody today?

Smile Where is everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Wow, now that is really awesome!
    Where is everybody today?
    I'm grading, preparing finals, and trying to deal with an upset sister (Sue71).

Oh yeah... and I did watch High School High earlier today, starring Hanukkah Harry himself, Jon Lovitz.

Awful movie.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm planning an emergency trip back to the Midwest, earlier than intended.

My aunt, who'd been suffering from Alzheimers for the past couple of years, passed away after breaking her pelvic bone and contracting pneumonia. It's sad to lose her, but in a way, she's been gone for quite awhile. Her death is a physical loss, we've all already mourned for the person we knew and loved. I'm just sorry for my uncle and cousins, who will carry this memory at the holidays for quite awhile.

Guess it's a good thing I finished up most of my holiday errands yesterday...

My aunt, who'd been suffering from Alzheimers for the past couple of years, passed away after breaking her pelvic bone and contracting pneumonia. It's sad to lose her, but in a way, she's been gone for quite awhile. Her death is a physical loss, we've all already mourned for the person we knew and loved. I'm just sorry for my uncle and cousins, who will carry this memory at the holidays for quite awhile.

Please accept my condolences. It's never easy to lose a loved one, but it is especially difficult around the holidays.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Sorry for your loss DA. I'm thinking you have a good attitude on it, and luckily you weren't closer like the relatives you metioned. Important thing is that you are there in support of THEM. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

My condolences to you and the entire family DA. We'll all be thinking bout ya.

DA, I'm so sorry for your loss.

DA, so sorry to read about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope your travels are safe ones.

Condolences from this quarter as well, DA.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sorry for your loss, and condolences to everyone, DA. I hope your travels go smoothly.

So sorry to hear about your loss, DA. I hope happy memories of your Aunt will help you all get through the holidays.

Wishing you safe travels to the frozen midwest.

Tilly - you have to make me stop. I ventured to the dark side (PPB) and posted. I couldn't help myself and I don't think my comment will be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Tilly - you have to make me stop. I ventured to the dark side (PPB) and posted. I couldn't help myself and I don't think my comment will be popular.
    Stop DIK, stop!!! Don't do it!!!

Now, I'm curious and may venture over to read what you wrote.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Stop DIK, stop!!! Don't do it!!!

Now, I'm curious and may venture over to read what you wrote.
    I just did that for the very same reason.

Just don't go over there, okay?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Made you look!

eta - Tommy Amaker! I need 2535Miles to teach me how he does those screen shots to get just the name and avatar to show.

DA, I'm sorry for your loss. I know that your uncle and cousins will truly appreciate the effort you're making to be with them as they bid your aunt a final farewell.

Smile Umm... is everyone okay in LA?

LA looks to have some bad weather, flooding, mudslide predictions, etc...

You guys okay?

Meanwhile, we're due for a 30 degree drop today, .25" ice tonight, and more wintry mix afterwards.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    LA looks to have some bad weather, flooding, mudslide predictions, etc...

You guys okay?

Meanwhile, we're due for a 30 degree drop today, .25" ice tonight, and more wintry mix afterwards.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm fine in downtown LA. Just wet. Ok, cold & wet (cold for LA).

DA, I'm so sorry for your loss, please accept my deepest condolences.