Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yearly Question

Yearly Question

Here comes the yearly UNC/Kentucky match up. How do other posters feel about potential outcomes of this game?

I obviously love watching both teams lose, and short of the nuclear option, I think I would prefer to see UNC beat Kentucky. Mostly because it assists in the "ACC is the best" narrative, but also because I feel any chinks in the Big Blue armor makes our recruiting chances better for top tier players. Also, we will get plenty of chances to humble UNC on our own.

Now I would like to open the floor to discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Here comes the yearly UNC/Kentucky match up. How do other posters feel about potential outcomes of this game?

I obviously love watching both teams lose, and short of the nuclear option, I think I would prefer to see UNC beat Kentucky. Mostly because it assists in the "ACC is the best" narrative, but also because I feel any chinks in the Big Blue armor makes our recruiting chances better for top tier players. Also, we will get plenty of chances to humble UNC on our own.

ABC, my friend. ABC.

ABK doesn't have the same ring to it. And we don't have any obnoxious UK fans posting on this site.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I'm still pulling for d) giant sink hole.

Meteor. Two of them in fact. One for each bench.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Depends on the site.

At chapel hill, I favor the sink hole, something that would rid us of as much baby blue infrastructure as possible without affecting the Triangle in general or Duke in particular.

At Lexington, I prefer a pathogen type event. The area is very pretty, so something that would just rid us of the attendees and perhaps those they contact within the next 12 hours.

Ummm...this is the yearly no question about it. I never root for UNC, it's pretty simple.

Never root fo UNC. I'd wear that shirt with Calipari's face on it for this one.

Below is the take for any true fan that would like to be on Mt Hatemore.
    The bucket list dream is the University of Not attending Class always needs to lose no exceptions. I would like the game at Rupp and I would like to wear a Laettner Duke jersey and pull as hard as I can for UK. Having the jersey on should make it clear that I do not like UK and that the cheering will end at the finish of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I'm still pulling for d) giant sink hole.
    Yes! My favorite team in games like this is ALWAYS the sinkhole!

I don't even know why this is a question.

Whenever I watch a game in which I have no rooting interest, I tend to pull for whomever is less likely to challenge Duke in prestige and/or seeding. I'm not sure who that would be in this matchup. I could potentially be convinced that it's UNC.

Of course, I cannot emotionally pull for UNC. Ever. And I have a degree from there. Basically: "The heart is not so easily changed, but the head can be persuaded."

#teamgiantsinkhole
    Tent 1 Three-peat (2012-2014)

Logic would dictate that you should pull for UNC, because Kentucky is a bigger threat to us both on the court and on the recruiting trail. But when it comes to the CHeats, logic goes out the window.

The other consideration is that if Berry doesn't play (along with Pinson) then a loss by UNC will be more easily explained away and ignored by the Selection committee, whereas a loss by Kentucky would look really bad for them. But again, it's ABC, baby!!!

Focus on the positive, one of them will lose Saturday. Also whoever loses, at least their fanbase, will be very upset that they lost to the other.

AB"MF"C

(the board doesn't allow 3 character posts)

Quote Originally Posted by royalblue View Post
    Below is the take for any true fan that would like to be on Mt Hatemore.
    The bucket list dream is the University of Not attending Class always needs to lose no exceptions. I would like the game at Rupp and I would like to wear a Laettner Duke jersey and pull as hard as I can for UK. Having the jersey on should make it clear that I have a death wish.
    FIFY

Does UNC count as an NCAA opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Given UNC's dubious status as a place of "higher education" (Oh, Lord, it is hard to say "even compared to UK"), does it really matter? Besides, what I saw of Tennessee vs. UNC, the Cheaters can't shoot from the outside to save themselves. I expect a slaughter.

I recall a time not too long ago when the responses to this question would have been much more mixed.

The revelations about the academic scandal really moved the needle, and rightfully so. The rivalry has changed.

ABC.

I know I am an aberration, but I will be happiest with Carolina winning this game as it is good for the ACC's reputation and will make our thumping of Carolina (2 or 3 times) seem all the more impressive. Plus, as others have mentioned, Kentucky is Duke's rival in recruiting and any decline they suffer is good for us.

That said, no matter how the game comes out, I will be happy because one of these two horrible schools (both cheat and flaunt the rules, mercilessly, and both make a mockery of the term student/athlete) will lose a game... which is always a good thing.

-Jason "here's to both coaches getting multiple technical fouls" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Choice 1: THEY BOTH LOSE

Choice 2: THEY ARE BOTH PUT ON PROBATION

Choice 3: unCheat loses by 50.

how can this still be a thing?

if you are pulling for UNC....EVER....for ANY REASON...

you need to go look in the mirror and say " i am pulling FOR UNC !"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese