Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Gunners in deep trouble. 0-5 today with 0 shots on goal and 20% possession. 0-3 this season with 0 goals scored and 9 against.

I give up. Championship, here we come. Arghhh
    Nah. Arteta will be fired in the next month.

Then, new coach, new system, 1-2 new players, and they’ll be middle of the pack.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Nah. Arteta will be fired in the next month.

Then, new coach, new system, 1-2 new players, and they’ll be middle of the pack.
    I really miss Arsene. Didn’t think I would.

Maybe the league has changed. Bigger money and owners willing to spend it.

Gunners in deep trouble. 0-5 today with 0 shots on goal and 20% possession. 0-3 this season with 0 goals scored and 9 against.

I give up. Championship, here we come. Arghhh
    Maybe Kroenke will sell. Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO, is ready anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    HOPEFULLY Kroenke will sell. Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO, is ready anytime.
    FIFY

Ronaldo in the starting XI for Man U. Match starts at 10 am (USA network).

Ronaldo does not suck.

North London is RED tonight! Great effort and result for the Gunners.

I absolutely loved seeing ManU, with Ronaldo, go down yesterday, to Aston Villa of all teams.

And Vardy gets a hat trick ... but only two of them counted for my Foxes. Ouch.

The really amazing thing about the weekend is that, if Brighton wins today, they will go top of the top league for the first time ever.

YouTube TV - NBCUniversal conflict

Just found out that YouTube TV will no longer carry NBCUniversal programming as of October 1st (i.e. this weekend). That means no Premier League on YouTube TV. They are being really nice and reducing the cost of the service by $10 per month.

I already have Peacock Premium so I'll eventually get to see whichever games I want but the ability to DVR all the games and start watching them whenever I want is what I really like(d) YouTube TV for. Now I will have to wait up to 24 hours until it the replay of the Chelsea vs. Southampton game is posted on Peacock.

Anyone else have a streaming service that carries the NBCUniversal channels with an unlimited DVR that is between $50-$70 per month? Maybe I should cross-post this on the streaming options thread...
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Anyone else have a streaming service that carries the NBCUniversal channels with an unlimited DVR that is between $50-$70 per month? Maybe I should cross-post this on the streaming options thread...
    Hulu provides a 200-hour DVR option, so not quite unlimited, but that's a lot of hours.

In theory, those 200 hours never expire, but unfortunately, it looks like they are now expiring some of the videos before the 200-hour limit is reached. I suppose this is a case of limited rights contracts, and since the consumer doesn't actually own the disk space, once again the consumer is screwed. Sad to say, but the video disk is not dead yet. I haven't seen sporting events automatically expired, yet, but I suspect that will come, too, eventually.

In any case, I like the interface. But the practical, take-home price is $80, not $50-$70.

I cannot think of a better half of football I've seen than the second half of the game today between the Premier League's two best teams. The first half was almost total domination by Man City, but they could not capitalize and the half ended scoreless. The second half was scintillating, with Liverpool giving as good as it got and twice gaining one-goal leads with sublime individual play, only to have MC retaliate each time with sterling goals of their own. The defenses had their moments as well, particularly on late action with Liverpool set up for a third go-ahead goal but stifled by an unbelievable MC defensive play. In the end, a much merited 2-2 draw.

It was probably the most intense series of play I can remember since the time years ago when MC was down one goal in regulation time, basically giving the league championship to ManU, but scoring two goals in extra time to wrest the championship back.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I cannot think of a better half of football I've seen than the second half of the game today between the Premier League's two best teams. The first half was almost total domination by Man City, but they could not capitalize and the half ended scoreless. The second half was scintillating, with Liverpool giving as good as it got and twice gaining one-goal leads with sublime individual play, only to have MC retaliate each time with sterling goals of their own. The defenses had their moments as well, particularly on late action with Liverpool set up for a third go-ahead goal but stifled by an unbelievable MC defensive play. In the end, a much merited 2-2 draw.

It was probably the most intense series of play I can remember since the time years ago when MC was down one goal in regulation time, basically giving the league championship to ManU, but scoring two goals in extra time to wrest the championship back.
    That was a great game, but it is worth mentioning that even Kopp acknowledged in a post-game interview that Milner should have received his second yellow for his trip of Foden, which would have put Liverpool down a man. That happened before Salah scored his fantastic goal. It may have been a very different game if Milner had gotten the marching orders he deserved.

Having said that, it's *almost* worth it to have seen that Salah dribble and strike. It was the goal of the season thus far.

Great save by Ramsdale for Arsenal

Gunners on a bit of a roll. Now up to 5th in the EPL after that putrid start. Perhaps Arteta has turned it around. COYG

Meanwhile, here's one of the best saves I have ever seen, by Aaron Ramsdale v. Leicester City, on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/m8LlJ3J6Qrk

Gunners

Quietly now in 5th place (2 behind 4th), after the atrocious start to the league season (0-3, with 9 goals allowed and 0 scored). Unbeaten in the last 8 EPL matches.

Next up - a tough one - Liverpool next Saturday, 20 November at Anfield.

And on the fictional front, Go Greyhounds!

Quietly now in 5th place (2 behind 4th), after the atrocious start to the league season (0-3, with 9 goals allowed and 0 scored). Unbeaten in the last 8 EPL matches.

Next up - a tough one - Liverpool next Saturday, 20 November at Anfield.

And on the fictional front, Go Greyhounds!
    Shhh. You’re going to jinx it. We’ve reverted to not talking about it amongst the faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Shhh. You’re going to jinx it. We’ve reverted to not talking about it amongst the faithful.
    Understood. Duly chastised. coyg (note the discreet, understated lowercase).

Newcastle-Brentford is crazy. (Peacock Network — level at 75’)

Thud!!!

= the sound of my Gunners coming back to earth today v. Liverpool. Arghhhh

Man U board having an emergency meeting right now per reports.

So long, Ole Gunnar Solskjær.