Page 975 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659739749759769779851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,500 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    Are there people* who DON'T like bacon?

*Excepting vegetarians and those who don't eat pork for religious reasons.
    Vegans?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Vegans?
    All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Vegans?
    C'mon - in re "bacon", vegans are just a subset of vegetarians...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Which is a subset of herbivores . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    From a classification perspective perhaps, but have you asked a vegan who also does animal rescue whether they are a subset of vegetarians?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    All kidding aside, I found that trying some of the flavored sparkling waters, unsweetened but in the sweeter flavors, say cherry, raspberry helped enormously. Takes a while, sure, but grab one of those when those afternoon pangs hit and it might fake your brain out.
    I'll have to give that a try.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Does anyone really actually eat Poptarts without toasting them first?
    Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Put in a job application today.

Wish me luck.
    Break a leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Break a leg!
    I didn't see where it was an acting gig he applied for. Good luck.

Speaking of broken legs, Bostondevil will be spending the next 2-4 months in a boot (aircast, if you must). The injury appears to be marathon related. It's either a stress fracture or shin splints. The doctor made the mistake of telling her not to run anymore marathons. If he had said, sure, run as many more marathons as you like, just be careful about preventing this from happening again, Bostondevil would have probably told him, "I'm not that crazy." Telling Bostondevil not to do something? Bostondevil is that crazy. She's got this thing about attempting things she's been told she can't do - legal things that is. But we will see. Certainly not running again next year. Maybe 2020.

Bostondevil doesn't always do the third person thing but it seemed appropriate this time. ;-)

Speaking of broken legs, Bostondevil will be spending the next 2-4 months in a boot (aircast, if you must). The injury appears to be marathon related. It's either a stress fracture or shin splints. The doctor made the mistake of telling her not to run anymore marathons. If he had said, sure, run as many more marathons as you like, just be careful about preventing this from happening again, Bostondevil would have probably told him, "I'm not that crazy." Telling Bostondevil not to do something? Bostondevil is that crazy. She's got this thing about attempting things she's been told she can't do - legal things that is. But we will see. Certainly not running again next year. Maybe 2020.

Bostondevil doesn't always do the third person thing but it seemed appropriate this time. ;-)
    Un-break a leg!

...Bostondevil doesn't always do the third person thing but it seemed appropriate this time. ;-)

Oh BD!!! That's terrible! weezie understands that sometimes referring to a certain oneself in the third person usually means one would like to kick oneself in the derriere... but not too terribly often. Plus in your present condition, that would only be inviting more confusing self-references and odd injuries.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury! Girl, pay attention to your PT people! I hope it's not your right/driving foot.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Roy Williams is so upset about the NCAA investigation, he's begun to refer to himself in the fourth person. And most verbs in the past participle, whether applicable to the situation or not.

Forget about subject/object agreement, that's a distant memory by now.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh BD!!! That's terrible! weezie understands that sometimes referring to a certain oneself in the third person usually means one would like to kick oneself in the derriere... but not too terribly often. Plus in your present condition, that would only be inviting more confusing self-references and odd injuries.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury! Girl, pay attention to your PT people! I hope it's not your right/driving foot.
    It is my right/driving foot, but, it's an aircast - it comes off when I drive. Also when I sleep.

I should probably have my foot checked out.

OPK morning;

1. Wake up groggy
    2. Stumble downstairs, turn on computer
    3. Spend ten minutes trying to figure out why every social media source is flooded with "covfefe" and what it means
    4. Give up, go back to bed

The people running Merriam-Webster's twitter feed had the exact same reaction. The guy who bought the "covfefe" license plate will be regretting his choice and will replace it in six months max. The "humor graph" tweet is spot on, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politi...age/index.html
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    The "humor graph" tweet is spot on, too.
    Would a meme of exceptionally short duration be a referred to as a "mini-meme," or perhaps a "milli-meme?"

As opposed to "All your base are belong to us!!!" which is an enduring maxi-meme.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Would a meme of exceptionally short duration be a referred to as a "mini-meme," or perhaps a "milli-meme?"

As opposed to "All your base are belong to us!!!" which is an enduring maxi-meme.
    How about the more precise "Horse Hockey."

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    How about the more precise "Horse Hockey."
    I do not think that horse hockey is an ASPCA-sanctioned sport. So be careful.