Page 2693 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 16932193259326432683269126922693269426952703274327933193 ... LastLast
Results 53,841 to 53,860 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This is an excellent point and I will do better going forward.
    Same here. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    My son did something like this (it wasn't formal therapy, but a camp where horseback riding was prominently featured that we chose partially for that reason), and he also loved it. The friendly horses were a big part of the success of the camp.

And this is admittedly a pet peeve of mine, but it should be "13-year-old with special needs", not the other way around. If you put the special needs part first, that becomes the emphasis, almost as if the person part is just coincidental. They are a person first, and should be treated as such, and the special needs part is just a description of one of their many features. The phrasing is a minor thing, but it actually can make a difference in how we think about people with disabilities. Offered FWIW.
    I wouldn’t call it a pet peeve; it’s pretty standard practice though perhaps not widely known. It is the same with autistic child versus child with autism.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I wouldn’t call it a pet peeve; it’s pretty standard practice though perhaps not widely known. It is the same with autistic child versus child with autism.
    Yes. And the type of thing that people should know and correct if they don't say it correctly. I know have said it wrong. I have messed up pronouns too. I have made all kinds of mistakes. But I try to get it right.

And on to Tuesday.

PS no more restaurant desserts. Up all night...

And on to Tuesday.

PS no more restaurant desserts. Up all night...
    What was the dessert?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What was the dessert?

Local Tex-Mex place, so churros. I should stick to fruit for dessert.

at least you've already had your breakfast donuts!

Oh but churros can be sooooooo good when done well. Same with sopapillas.

Just too heavy? I have completely changed how I eat in the last 5 years or so. And I don't mean the no carb thing. I've changed the time I eat, the number of meals and how I snack. I did the no carb thing based on how I looked, but the other stuff was based on how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Just too heavy? I have completely changed how I eat in the last 5 years or so. And I don't mean the no carb thing. I've changed the time I eat, the number of meals and how I snack. I did the no carb thing based on how I looked, but the other stuff was based on how I felt.

Yes, too much grease and sugar. Felt great after main entree of shrimp tacos. Then I made the churro mistake. Yes, I'm getting there on eating for how I will feel.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    at least you've already had your breakfast donuts!
    Back to banana and oatmeal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh but churros can be sooooooo good when done well. Same with sopapillas.
    These were good but not great. So, the feel like crap afterwards kicker wasn't worth the price.

The older you get, the more you realize what foods and drink your body likes and doesn't like...then you have to decide what to do, if anything, about it.

Not sure if this belongs here or the weird things you do thread, but I am a firm believer in the fact that fruit is not a dessert. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Not sure if this belongs here or the weird things you do thread, but I am a firm believer in the fact that fruit is not a dessert. Ever.
    Ummm, you aren't Asian are you? I think it actually belongs in the person yells at cloud thread...

I'm with you on that.

The older you get, the more you realize what foods and drink your body likes and doesn't like...then you have to decide what to do, if anything, about it.
    That’s where the phrase glutton for punishment comes from. Eating something you know will hurt you later.

Probably.

Fruit may be a topping (icecream) or filling (pie) or flavor (lemon bar) but a stand alone piece of fruit unaltered in its virgin state is definitely not a dessert.

I now trim the steaks from Costco down to a more reasonable size for a meal.

Flan is the only Mexican dessert.