Page 1268 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2687681168121812581266126712681269127012781318136817682268 ... LastLast
Results 25,341 to 25,360 of 67650
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Speaking of Latin, one of my lines as Friar Laurence is "Benedicite". I called my classics major son to get a pronunciation tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’ll say this for the iPhone 11. The improved battery life is fabulous!
    Apparently, Apple is working on a CarKey feature. I wonder how much pushback they will get from the OEMs? Who are already chafing because of Apple CarPlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Speaking of Latin, one of my lines as Friar Laurence is "Benedicite". I called my classics major son to get a pronunciation tutorial.
    I would have thrown in the towel. And said arrivederci.

The quercus fusiformus...otherwise known as the fuse around here.

We have live oaks but they are not quercus virginiana like they are further east, they are escarpment live oaks. And my HOA sent a notice that it needs to be trimmed. Otherwise known as cut.
    Clever explanation. Still in poor taste.

I have several monster tulip poplars, a few oaks, a couple dogwoods, and a ton of azaleas scattered around the yard. My ash is now mulch, alas. Emerald borer got it. Our canopy is such that you almost can't see our (now two-story) house from google maps' satellite view.

This is one of the smaller tulips we took down before putting on the second floor and bumpout a few years ago.

-jk

I have hard clay below the topsoil, so planting is a pain and then drainage is a problem. I have some wild crepe myrtles, dogwoods, magnolias and flowering crab apples along with a few acres of pine. Cut down must of the sweet gums near the house, those are annoying as heck.

I have a Kousa Dogwood tree right on the edge of my back porch. It produces this "raspberry on steroids" looking fruit. When the fruit starts to become overripe and hanging low on the limbs, the tree turns into the local bar for every insect, bird, and mammal in town. In the day, it's just covered with pollinators and at night I'll find the possums up in it. When the fruit is REALLY ripe, it gets everything that feeds on it drunk and the wasps stumble around like drunk fools. This tree could be in the Ymmm, Beer thread...No, the Ymmmm Wine thread!

Our pink dogwoods have been in bloom for over a week now. This cold snap will be a test.

I noticed tulips starting to sprout this morning. The temps in the 60s last weekend must have fooled them. The low last night was 22. We will see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I noticed tulips starting to sprout this morning. The temps in the 60s last weekend must have fooled them. The low last night was 22. We will see how they do.
    Had dandelions here in the mountains started blooming this week. Supposed to get real snow this afternoon.

Trees here in this part of Texas tend to be short. The 7 year old Monterrey Oak is as tall as my neighbor’s couple hundred year old Live Oak. It is due to relatively shallow top soil and layers of limestone underneath.

We had overnight freezes the last couple days, so the things that had already started blooming after a warm January look pretty ragged now.

All this tree talk reminded me I need to do some winter pruning. Time to get out the chainsaw.

Well, that is certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Cars and Coffee was packed this morning. There was only one 1971 Trans Am there.

30 seconds after setting my glass of water down

FB17114A-558F-458E-AA86-5203E127FB73.jpg

Sometimes, I just hate software. Fixed Assets was messing with me today. Assets showed for 2016 and 2018 but not for 2017. They had to have been there earlier today since they passed through to the 2017 tax return. No wonder I curse my way through tax season.

If they keep disappearing, are they really Fixed Assets?

These pre-game afternoons tend to drag on.

These pre-game afternoons tend to drag on.
    What’s up with a 6:00 start? Gotta go with leftover Super Bowl chili I guess.

If they keep disappearing, are they really Fixed Assets?
    True - they were temporary assets in 2017.