Page 259 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 1592092492572582592602612693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 67666
    Shame on you folks. No entries for about 2 hours now. Whaddaya think is going on, a World Series game or something? We'll never hit 5000 by tomorrow AM at this pace. Unless, of course, our secret PW weapon and resident insomniac Lavabe unleashes a flurry of posts during the wee hours. (all in good fun and good taste. Ooh, speaking of tastes, I think I have a Merry Monk chilling right now...)

I too have been disappointed by the slackening of the pace this evening, but I've done more than my fair share of posting (especially in the LTE), so I figured it fell to someone else to BTLTEBTTT.*

BTLTEBTTT=bump the Longest Thread Ever back to the top

Prior to this one, I had 666 post in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Well, I found something fun to do for a little while: Practice my handlebar moustache. I'm attending a Halloween party tomorrow night, for which I will be donning my pirate costume (a reprisal of the one I wore for International Talk Like a Pirate Day). Only this time, my whiskers have progressed to the point where the handlebar, a perfect accessory to a pirate ensemble, is possible. I actually sported the handlebar sans beard for about six months last year, but this is the first time I've done it in a while. It takes a certain amount of technique, so being a bit rusty, I decided to practice this afternoon. I gotta say, it's pretty boss.
    Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am a sucker for sparkly jewelry.
    Me too, me too, me too. I have an antique diamond ring my grandmother gave me when I graduated from college. I was the first, and only girl to get a bachelor's degree on that side of the family. Now that she's gone, it has a lot more sentimental value.

About 12 years ago I nonchalantly left the ring on my dresser one night. I went to put it on a few days later and could not find. I panicked as I looked all around my tiny little apartment for it. I finally had to stop and go to work. As soon as I got home I continued the mad search. I finally found it on the floor in the kitchen. There is only one way it could have gotten there, my cat Katie. Yes, I am convinced Katie Kitty took the ring off the dresser and played with it all the way to the kitchen. Ever since then, I put all my valuable jewelry away when I take it off.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I had book club tonight then watched the 8th and 9th innings. Congrats to the entire city of Philadelphia, they will be partying tonight I'm sure.

I wear almost no jewelry although I do have one necklace, a Celtic cross, that I am attached to. My wedding ring? I've developed an allergy to it, no really, when I put it on my finger swells and itches like crazy. Apparently platinum does not cause this problem. I've informed my husband that if he will get me a new platinum wedding ring, I will wear it. We'll see. It's only been about a year since I stopped wearing the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I wear almost no jewelry
    Same here - didn't even get my ears pierced until I turned 30; even now, I rarely wear earrings.

Well, actually, I do wear some jewelry, it's just that what I wear is about all I have.

I wear my wedding band, engagement ring (platinum - not all its cracked up to be, BD - scratches way too easily), Duke class ring, and Duke Seiko watch which was a graduation present from my folks. I may also have a necklace on, but it's either just a simple gold or silver chain.

If I drive away from my house without my rings, I will turn around to go get them, no matter how late it makes me - otherwise, I go bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Same here - didn't even get my ears pierced until I turned 30; even now, I rarely wear earrings.

Well, actually, I do wear some jewelry, it's just that what I wear is about all I have.

I wear my wedding band, engagement ring (platinum - not all its cracked up to be, BD - scratches way too easily), Duke class ring, and Duke Seiko watch which was a graduation present from my folks. I may also have a necklace on, but it's either just a simple gold or silver chain.

If I drive away from my house without my rings, I will turn around to go get them, no matter how late it makes me - otherwise, I go bonkers.
    Interesting discussion. How about guys out there? Any jewelry worn? If so, what items?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I wear my wedding band, engagement ring (platinum - not all its cracked up to be, BD - scratches way too easily)
    As long as it doesn't scratch me, we're good.

Hmmm, 71 more posts to go. Maybe not tonight but probably tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, 71 more posts to go. Maybe not tonight but probably tomorrow.
    Unless we have an overnight frenzy by our mountain and west coast affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Unless we have an overnight frenzy by our mountain and west coast affiliates.
    Well, here's one more dispatch from an east coast affiliate.
    On a side note, boo phillies boo. Bleccch.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Interesting discussion. How about guys out there? Any jewelry worn? If so, what items?
    Typically, I only wear my wedding band (two tone, platinum and gold) and the fossil watch my older brother gave me on my 16th birthday.

On cold enough days I sometimes wear my father's sapphire ring (on warm days my ring finger is too fat), and on occasions when the clasp is not broken, I sometimes wear a simple gold libra pendant that was the first keepsake my mother gave to my father then they were dating.

I don't wear jewelry of any sort, unless cufflinks count. I love cufflinks, and I have something like a dozen pairs. I also have a great pocket watch that, again, I'm not so sure qualifies as jewelry, but I carry it only a couple of times a year anyway. I also have a nice wristwatch, given to me by my grandparents for my 18th birthday, that I similarly wear only every so often.
    I do, however, own enough argyle socks to wear some every day and not repeat for at least three weeks. It's an understood thing with my family that among any stocking stuffers or minor birthday gifts I receive should be a couple of pairs of argyles.
    I know that doesn't really have anything to do with anything. That's why I posted it here.

I'm up too late again. But then again, no work tomorrow for me. I need to round out my Halloween costume, and I'm thinking about going to vote. From what I hear, the voting line would give me a chance to put in some good reading time too. Just thought y'all might want to know.

This is my 30th post today. I'm almost positive that's a record for me.
    And I still fully intend to get post #5000 in the LTE (unless I'm standing in line to exercise my most sacred American right).

This is my 30th post today. I'm almost positive that's a record for me.
    And I still fully intend to get post #5000 in the LTE (unless I'm standing in line to exercise my most sacred American right).
    Or maybe I'll just keep right on posting while the rest of you are (sensibly) in bed and take us to 5000 overnight.

Or maybe I'll just keep right on posting while the rest of you are (sensibly) in bed and take us to 5000 overnight.
    At any rate, I have contributed mightily to the supposedly planned-for PWing that never really materialized around here today.

Wilson, you're doing an admirable job. To quote Airplane,

"I just wanted to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you."

I don't wear jewelry of any sort, unless cufflinks count. <snip>

I do, however, own enough argyle socks to wear some every day and not repeat for at least three weeks. It's an understood thing with my family that among any stocking stuffers or minor birthday gifts I receive should be a couple of pairs of argyles.
    Cufflinks count as men's jewelry. What's your favorite pair?

And do you have argyle sweaters/vests to match/complement your socks?

Just curious, are you a bowtie wearer too?