Page 782 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 28268273277278078178278378479283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 15,621 to 15,640 of 67676
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll send yhe gravy and through in a piece or two of pie. Still working on the pie selection. Options are pumpkin, bourbon pecan, cranberry apple streusel (aka crapple), french silk, Reese's Mousse, search for a new recipe.

Let me know you pleasure.
    You had me at "bourbon"

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ugh, Thanksgiving. It's usually my favorite holiday, but this year... ugh. Law school. Ugh.

(Note: First final is Dec. 2, aka the Monday after Thanksgiving.)

Option A
    I can go home for a 1-4 days, as long as I believe I'll be able to study.

Plus: I'll be home. Plus: I'll get to see my parents. Minus: Not sure I believe I can study sufficiently without distractions. (???: Food... not sure if my mom is cooking this year because she said she'd rather go OUT TO DINNER. I say blasphemy. It's Thanksgiving, for goodness sake. I have a strict "No going out to dinner on Thanksgiving" rule.)

Option B
    Go to a friend's house about an hour away for Thanksgiving dinner.

Plus: It's just for half a day or so. Plus: I haven't seen this friend since the summer. Plus: Home cooked meal. Minus: I don't get to go home and see my parents. Minus: I don't really get a break from studying (or is that a plus?).

I've been trying to make this decision for a month now. Still can't decide. It may be an 11th hour decision, as in, literally the night before. ::sigh::

EDIT:
    Option C
    I just order turkey, lumpy mashed potatoes, etc from my DBR friends.
    Gotta go with family on this one, unless you'll be spending extended Dec. holiday time with them? Uncle Yucky must miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Gotta go with family on this one, unless you'll be spending extended Dec. holiday time with them? Uncle Yucky must miss you.
    I'll probably spend about 2-3 weeks with them over break.

And Uncle Yucky is currently in the homestretch of a Panama Canal cruise. I'm sure he doesn't miss me at the moment. (Yes, my mom is with him.)

I'll probably spend about 2-3 weeks with them over break.

And Uncle Yucky is currently in the homestretch of a Panama Canal cruise. I'm sure he doesn't miss me at the moment. (Yes, my mom is with him.)
    Home in Las Vegas or home in New Jersey? Our Blue Devils are playing in MSG on Wednesday and Friday! We'll be there!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sue

The answer is clear: hit the books lady. Continue to make us proud!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll take some lumpy potatoes. Let me know when you want the gravy to arrive.

I'll send yhe gravy and through in a piece or two of pie. Still working on the pie selection. Options are pumpkin, bourbon pecan, cranberry apple streusel (aka crapple), french silk, Reese's Mousse, search for a new recipe.

Let me know you pleasure.
    I'd like to sample one of (some of?) these during the holiday season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

Hope it escapes the board filters .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm leaning strongly toward going to my friend's house, if only because my parents are both sick (they got sick toward the end of the cruise). I don't need to get sick for finals, thankyouverymuch.

Sue, what subjects?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sue, what subjects?
    Ethical Lawyering- MC final is 50% of overall grade. We just turned in a combined 35-page paper (I had a partner) based on a graded client interview. Client interview 25%, combined paper (client letter + memo @ 10% each) 20%, Email to partner 24 hours after client interview 5%.

Evidence- entire grade. MC + essay. Scared to death of this one. To. Death.

Trademark- entire grade. 48-hr take home, 2 essays: 1 issue and 1 policy.

Law review- pass/fail.

(MC = multiple choice)

Ethical Lawyering- MC final is 50% of overall grade. We just turned in a combined 35-page paper (I had a partner) based on a graded client interview. Client interview 25%, combined paper (client letter + memo @ 10% each) 20%, Email to partner 24 hours after client interview 5%.

Evidence- entire grade. MC + essay. Scared to death of this one. To. Death.

Trademark- entire grade. 48-hr take home, 2 essays: 1 issue and 1 policy.

Law review- pass/fail.

(MC = multiple choice)
    Best of luck!

Argh, more worries. Daughter-of-weezie is in Houston planning on flying back to NYC Wed night in time for the MSG Duke game.

weezie is experiencing great anxiety. weezie refers to self in third person when she is nearly hysterical with anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Argh, more worries. Daughter-of-weezie is in Houston planning on flying back to NYC Wed night in time for the MSG Duke game.

weezie is experiencing great anxiety. weezie refers to self in third person when she is nearly hysterical with anxiety.
    Praying for safe flights and minimal delays fro daughter-of-weezie. Hopefully there will be a big break in the weather to allow her flight in. Of course, the gates of hell starting to open for Saturday's game in the home of the unc faithful may help spread some heat and clear the bad weather.

weezie the worry wart thanks you DinK!

She will lift a brew to your honor tomorrow night in MSG.
    Yay, pre-season game and beers allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Best of luck!
    Thanks!

Follow up- I decided to stay in CA. Finals suck.

The deal I made with my mom is that she gets to make me a belated-Thanksgiving dinner when I'm there next month. She readily agreed.

Follow up- I decided to stay in CA. Finals suck.

The deal I made with my mom is that she gets to make me a belated-Thanksgiving dinner when I'm there next month. She readily agreed.
    Good decision. Good luck on the finals. I'm sure you will do great.

Gobble gobble, y'all!

Gobble, gobble.

Happy day-of-digestion, everyone!

Please tell me no one here went out to "brave" the stupidity of Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Happy day-of-digestion, everyone!

Please tell me no one here went out to "brave" the stupidity of Black Friday.
    I certainly did not. But I am headed out for Small Business Saturday to visit a couple local merchants.