Page 210 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 1101602002082092102112122202603107101210 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 67675
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    What time do you get up to take the dog out?
    Excellent response!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    To paraphrase the LTE leader, Bostondevil, I say you go for it.

Just remember what happened when Jam Master Earl went for it one night with some 12 posts in his own thread.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    At one time, I had plans for saturating the front page with nothing but polls. Given light of recent events, I have shelved this plan. I'm still rather fond of responding to every thread on the front page before I go to bed. It's not very original either, but it's a fun distraction for an insomniac, and it's also a bit of challenge to post something meaningful in every thread, rather than going through all the threads on the OTB and picking the ones you like.

The dogs vs. cats stuff needs to stop. Cats are the devil, and manifestly inferior to dogs in every discernible way. I will now consider this matter closed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The dogs vs. cats stuff needs to stop. Cats are the devil, and manifestly inferior to dogs in every discernible way. I will now consider this matter closed.
    You are killin' me. So if cats are the devil, then my new man (see picture below) and I are all set.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    You are killin' me. So if cats are the devil, then my new man (see picture below) and I are all set.
    Fine. But the devil and the Blue Devil are not one and the same. Boo, cats, boo.

Fine. But the devil and the Blue Devil are not one and the same. Boo, cats, boo.
    What - ever!!! (hands thrown up in the air)

P.S. How much of the bed does Walter take up?

How much of the bed does Walter take up?
    When he gets invited into the bed, he has the good sense to snuggle politely, nuzzling against me but not invading or annexing my space, but most nights, he sleeps in his own bed. His superior, more substantial snuggliness is but one reason that he is better than cats.

How many snags do your clothes have on them from your inferior feline moochers and their infernal claws?

Smile In the wild, it's different

In nature, the big wild jumbo cats (leopards, lions, tigers, etc...) are vastly superior to any dog/dog relative living in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    In nature, the big wild jumbo cats (leopards, lions, tigers, etc...) are vastly superior to any dog/dog relative living in the wild.
    Walter eats leopards when he's been a good boy.

When he gets invited into the bed, he has the good sense to snuggle politely, nuzzling against me but not invading or annexing my space, but most nights, he sleeps in his own bed. His superior, more substantial snuggliness is but one reason that he is better than cats.

How many snags do your clothes have on them from your inferior feline moochers and their infernal claws?
    I don't pick up the cats when I'm in my good clothes. Hence, no snags.

As 2535 pointed out, what time do you get up to let Walter out because he has to potty?

As 2535 pointed out, what time do you get up to let Walter out because he has to potty?
    Walter potties when I get up. Seriously. Some days, it's about 7. Others, it might be 10:30. Never (again, seriously) does he complain. And always, he comes to snuggle with me after doing what he needs to do. It definitely beats keeping a box of crap in my kitchen.

No pets

I have no pets - but if I did, it would be a dog. They are actually happy to see you when you get home whereas most cats I know don't care. Also, cleaning a litter box daily is just wrong. The dogs I care for go out before bed and then when I get up in the morning.

If I knew how to set up a poll and could figure out how to word the question/answers, I'd want to find out if the cat lovers grew up in a cat household and dog lovers in a dog household, etc. I'm thinking there is a correlation between the type of pet you had as a child and the type you are drawn to as an adult. (Our best pet was our dog - Charlie Brown - part poodle/part fence jumper.)

Just doing my part to get us to 4000.

Walter eats leopards when he's been a good boy.

Doggy treats shaped like cats don't count. As to the snuggliness of cats, it all depends on the cat. Same with dogs...I know, I've had them also.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have no pets - but if I did, it would be a dog. They are actually happy to see you when you get home whereas most cats I know don't care. Also, cleaning a litter box daily is just wrong. The dogs I care for go out before bed and then when I get up in the morning.

If I knew how to set up a poll and could figure out how to word the question/answers, I'd want to find out if the cat lovers grew up in a cat household and dog lovers in a dog household, etc. I'm thinking there is a correlation between the type of pet you had as a child and the type you are drawn to as an adult. (Our best pet was our dog - Charlie Brown - part poodle/part fence jumper.)
    You might be onto something. I grew up in the correct (dog-loving) kind of household, and I continue to reside in the correct (dog-loving) kind of household.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have no pets - but if I did, it would be a dog. They are actually happy to see you when you get home whereas most cats I know don't care.
    Actually not true, at least not for my cats. They are waiting by the windows for me to get home as early as 5:30 p.m. and as late as 7:00 p.m. every day I am gone to work. And they come to the door to greet when I unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Actually not true, at least not for my cats. They are waiting by the windows for me to get home as early as 5:30 p.m. and as late as 7:00 p.m. every day I am gone to work. And they come to the door to greet when I unlock it.
    But do they smile and wag their whole bodies when you come in? I think not.

But do they smile and wag their whole bodies when you come in? I think not.
    You are right, but they also don't drool and pee on the floor.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-16-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: We're almost there...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You are right, but they also don't drool and pee on the floor.
    OK, so as you might have gathered from his, ahem, facial construction, Walter drools a bit. But once it touches the ground, it turns into gold. And he doesn't pee on the floor anymore. Also, cats aren't immune to the whole peeing-on-the-floor thing. Plus, cat pee...EWWWWWWWW!!! Way, way, way worse than dog love.

Got it.