Page 1807 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 80713071707175717971805180618071808180918171857190723072807 ... LastLast
Results 36,121 to 36,140 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The carb count in PopTarts makes me cry. They have been put into the rare special treat category for me too along with oatmeal. One Leggo frozen blueberry waffle without syrup, however, has a manageable amount of carbs for breakfast. I often have one of those with a hard boiled egg. (I toast the waffle first, I don't eat them frozen. )

Note: Due to family history, I am at high risk for developing Type 2 diabetes. I have been told to watch my carbs for awhile now.
    Yeah I have asthma and there is a wheat/gluten component. That explains the carb thing on my end. Doesn't explain the turkey thing. That is pure weirdness.

ocean fresh swordfish, greek potatoes (oven fried kind of thing), sunshine...all good.

It's been 50-ish minutes since the last post.

Is everyone ok?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

Is everyone ok?
    I hate it when work intrudes on my posting.

Is everyone ok?
    lunch. corned beef on rye, two mandarins.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I hate it when work intrudes on my posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Whew. You folks gave me quite the scare.

You mean work isn't checking DBR every 5 minutes? Hmm...I fear I'm doing it wrong. However, it does explain my lack of productivity.

Lunch for me was Asian chopped salad. One of those pre-bagged varieties. Living the dream...

Whew. You folks gave me quite the scare.

You mean work isn't checking DBR every 5 minutes? Hmm...I fear I'm doing it wrong. However, it does explain my lack of productivity.

Lunch for me was Asian chopped salad. One of those pre-bagged varieties. Living the dream...
    Asian salad is nice. My tip for the day for those who like corned beef is that Costco is chock full of them right now, and my wife and I agree they are the very best corned beefs we've ever had anywhere, that includes the famous NY delis. Really good, if not really healthy (but they aren't very fatty).

Asian salad is nice. My tip for the day for those who like corned beef is that Costco is chock full of them right now, and my wife and I agree they are the very best corned beefs we've ever had anywhere, that includes the famous NY delis. Really good, if not really healthy (but they aren't very fatty).
    Yeah, I would've gladly traded my salad for the corned beef. I wish there was a Costco closer to me; I would totally run out and get one.

Best corned beef I've ever had was at Katz's in NY. Man...that salad did not fill me up!

Yeah, I would've gladly traded my salad for the corned beef. I wish there was a Costco closer to me; I would totally run out and get one.

Best corned beef I've ever had was at Katz's in NY. Man...that salad did not fill me up!
    Katz's is a hallowed place for me. Twice during the pandemic I have ordered pastrami and accoutrements to be shipped here, they did a great job.

Katz's is a hallowed place for me. Twice during the pandemic I have ordered pastrami and accoutrements to be shipped here, they did a great job.
    I've flirted with the online order/delivery several times. It's pricey, but I wondered if it would be worth it. It sounds like it is.

Ok. You've won me over. Next special occasion I'm getting delivery.

Lecturing in Raleigh and I timed the lecture to end about 15 minutes before the Duke game starts tonight. Where is a good restaurant to watch the game outside in Raleigh?

Today was a shove my lunch down while at my desk day, which I try to avoid when working from home. Ruth's pimento cheese on honey wheat bread and tater chips. Dr. Pepper. Not healthy, but rather tasty and easy to shove.

I was inspired by the thread to have a couple tube steaks...

Is "mandarin" code for martini?

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I had a work meeting today. The underlings on this particular project are all aware that the PI has a completely unrealistic timeline. They informed me that no, they do not expect me to have tables ready to show by tomorrow given that we are still working out the security/logistics of getting me access to the data. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is "mandarin" code for martini?

-jk
    No, no, let's not go there...my wife and I have been solid during Pandemic Year, cocktail hour starts at 5:30...(I do miss lunches with pals which do feature the occasional beer). Maybe come April.

I've flirted with the online order/delivery several times. It's pricey, but I wondered if it would be worth it. It sounds like it is.

Ok. You've won me over. Next special occasion I'm getting delivery.
    If you order enough stuff you get "free" shipping...we got a couple lbs of pastrami, loaf of rye bread, jar of deli mustard, and the two real sleepers: jar of ridiculously good, crisp dill pickles, and a chocolate babka worth fighting for.
    Helpful hint: don't go for the "lean" pastrami, it's too lean; the regular pastrami was just right...

If you order enough stuff you get "free" shipping...
    That's how they get ya!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That's how they get ya!
    The more you buy, the more you save!

Anything happening this evening?