Page 1771 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 77112711671172117611769177017711772177317811821187122712771 ... LastLast
Results 35,401 to 35,420 of 67401
    This game reminded me why I gave up on "in game chat."

So painful. So much negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

This is why I watch at home alone and don't join any chat rooms.

Same here. I'll watch with my Class of 2017 daughter but avoid online chats or active "anonymous" interaction.

Watched with my 17 year old son abd chatted with my 19 year old daughter. No chat rooms.

Stupid Girl Scout Cookies.

Hot take. Girl Scout cookies are fine. They're not great. They're certainly not life-altering. They are pretty good. They aren't in the league of homemade cookies. I don't think they deserve their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hot take. Girl Scout cookies are fine. They're not great. They're certainly not life-altering. They are pretty good. They aren't in the league of homemade cookies. I don't think they deserve their reputation.
    Agree completely but they're pressed on you and so you eat them. The Girl Scout's are a cartel ruled by the supreme Karen pushing their product.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Agree completely but they're pressed on you and so you eat them. The Girl Scout's are a cartel ruled by the supreme Karen pushing their product.
    I recognize just how lucky I am that I don't have a sweet tooth. Sugar and chocolate are absolutely delicious. But I don't miss sweets and desserts at all and it has been 7 years.

I recognize just how lucky I am that I don't have a sweet tooth. Sugar and chocolate are absolutely delicious. But I don't miss sweets and desserts at all and it has been 7 years.
    We usually don't have desserts but with the wife in her condition, there are are a lot of, uh, foods in the house that normally wouldn't be. I could not and would not forgo desserts completely though. That's dedication, homes.

Standing water in the dishwasher. Annnndddddd...my Sunday morning just got booked solid.

We usually don't have desserts but with the wife in her condition, there are are a lot of, uh, foods in the house that normally wouldn't be. I could not and would not forgo desserts completely though. That's dedication, homes.
    I literally do not miss them at all. Not even a little bit. My Splurge is two or three beers a week and sushi maybe once a month or so. I used to really miss Pizza but Marcos has those crustless pizza bakes, which is literally just a pan of toppings and sauce, and those are 90% of the way to a gigantic slice of pizza. So even that temptation is gone.

Standing water in the dishwasher. Annnndddddd...my Sunday morning just got booked solid.
    Do you have the ability to fix this problem? Our first house was a 1920s farmhouse which was beautiful and had every problem imaginable. I learned to do most repairs around the house we made a combined $19,000 our first year of marriage), but for plumbing issues the only tool I have is a checkbook. Good luck!

Do you have the ability to fix this problem? Our first house was a 1920s farmhouse which was beautiful and had every problem imaginable. I learned to do most repairs around the house we made a combined $19,000 our first year of marriage), but for plumbing issues the only tool I have is a checkbook. Good luck!
    My expertise extends to checking the drain and drain lines for clogs, which requires some disassembly. If the motor, etc is in need of replacement, my patience to learn how to fix is shot. I'm sure there are a lot of things I COULD do if I invested the time, energy, and trial-by-fire attitude of the modern DIY Mr. Fix-It but alas...

My expertise extends to checking the drain and drain lines for clogs, which requires some disassembly. If the motor, etc is in need of replacement, my patience to learn how to fix is shot. I'm sure there are a lot of things I COULD do if I invested the time, energy, and trial-by-fire attitude of the modern DIY Mr. Fix-It but alas...
    The issue I run into with repairs is my absolute disdain for instructions. I view instructions of any kind as just one man's opinion.

Reading through the post-game thread and I saw your exchange with a poster who is questioning how Coach K manages the team. I think this is the dumbest thing on this site and it's why I can't really post over there with regularity.

The issue I run into with repairs is my absolute disdain for instructions. I view instructions of any kind as just one man's opinion.
    Seriously. Who are they to tell me how to tend to my affairs?!

Reading through the post-game thread and I saw your exchange with a poster who is questioning how Coach K manages the team. I think this is the dumbest thing on this site and it's why I can't really post over there with regularity.
    It was far worse in chat.

I guess I'm not following the logic here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I guess I'm not following the logic here.
    Not sure if there's logic involved, but I'm swearing off chat and only texting my basketball watching dad during games going forward.

It was far worse in chat.
    I posted over there a couple of times without reading comments too much. But I won't do that again. People are irrational. I'm no different. It isn't the negativity. It's that people have no idea what they're talking about.