Page 1330 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3308301230128013201328132913301331133213401380143018302330 ... LastLast
Results 26,581 to 26,600 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Any tips for moving across the country? Looking like there is no good way to go about it.
    You taking a bunch of stuff? We did it whenever everything but the beds would fit in the two cars, including a fat orange Maine Coon. We rented space in a trailer for the beds. Depending on how much furniture, etc you need to take, that's always an option, finding a private contractor who sells space in their trailer by the cubic foot.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You taking a bunch of stuff? We did it whenever everything but the beds would fit in the two cars, including a fat orange Maine Coon. We rented space in a trailer for the beds. Depending on how much furniture, etc you need to take, that's always an option, finding a private contractor who sells space in their trailer by the cubic foot.
    Going through the effort of seeing if it's more cost effective to move everything we have or try to sell anything that is large it and take what we can fit in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Going through the effort of seeing if it's more cost effective to move everything we have or try to sell anything that is large it and take what we can fit in the car.
    We’ve moved a bunch of times, mostly up and down the Atlantic but once out West. Each time it seems like there’s more stuff that “must” be moved.

Is long-term storage an option —- that is, are you coming back? You could always do the pod thing. I know many people with flexible timelines and help unpacking on the other side who have had positive experiences.

I wouldn’t want to drive that distance in a uhaul personally.

Still inching my way through the trove, barrel, mountain of family pictures on the dining room table.

Could it be that my children were not nearly as attractive as I thought they were at the time? Especially those unnerving pre-braces pics.
    Holy moly!

OTOH, I've discovered I was a lot better looking than I believed myself to be back when, so there's that.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Oh yeah? Why the Sun Bowl? Bob Ross go to Arizona State or something? Hard to imagine him at a college pool party.
    I drove out to El Paso for the game and remember watching Bob at work while it ws cold, overcast and foggy that morning.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Still inching my way through the trove, barrel, mountain of family pictures on the dining room table.

Could it be that my children were not nearly as attractive as I thought they were at the time? Especially those unnerving pre-braces pics.
    Holy moly!

OTOH, I've discovered I was a lot better looking than I believed myself to be back when, so there's that.
    Someone recently posted a throwback picture from college on FB that I happened to be in. It shocked me to discover that I was "hot". If only I had realized it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Someone recently posted a throwback picture from college on FB that I happened to be in. It shocked me to discover that I was "hot". If only I had realized it at the time.
    Aren't our husbands lucky that they did before we did?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Aren't our husbands lucky that they did before we did?
    Very lucky.

Man, I hate Tuesdays, even when I'm not physically at work.

Man, I hate Tuesdays, even when I'm not physically at work.

I'm going to remind myself of this when we play those 9:30pm games next season. Be grateful weezie!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I drove out to El Paso for the game and remember watching Bob at work while it ws cold, overcast and foggy that morning.
    All I took was a picture of his hand...

ED878E2D-F692-454F-9B68-45CCB9FD9E72.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

All I took was a picture of his hand...

ED878E2D-F692-454F-9B68-45CCB9FD9E72.jpg
    His third most famous body part?

His third most famous body part?
    Hopefully, this includes the other two:

14771212-F907-403D-A6F3-8E3D82401978.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I remember thinking in college that I needed to lose weight. I wasn't eating-disorder obsessed over it, but I do remember thinking that. Now, I see a pic of me from sophomore year and think, damn! look how skinny I was! I would kill to be that "fat" now.

Hmmm, when I see old college pictures I think...

Hopefully, this includes the other two:

14771212-F907-403D-A6F3-8E3D82401978.jpg
    I don’t know if you’d consider beard and perm body parts but, yes, included in the picture. Unless there’s something about his knees I don’t know about.

Unless there’s something about his knees I don’t know about.
    Trust me, you don't want to know.

Hmmm, when I see old college pictures I think...

Look at that hair.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I remember thinking in college that I needed to lose weight. I wasn't eating-disorder obsessed over it, but I do remember thinking that. Now, I see a pic of me from sophomore year and think, damn! look how skinny I was! I would kill to be that "fat" now.
    I can relate. Luckily, I didn't have an eating disorder either.

Quote, not original with me: I wish I were still as a thin as when I first starting thinking I was fat.

OK, new game, you've just formed a punk rock band, what do you call it?