Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    just gotta have more than a 10 pt lead with a minute to go in tampa...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    just gotta have more than a 10 pt lead with a minute to go in tampa...
    What would have happened had Tampa lost?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    What would have happened had Tampa lost?
    Carolina would be in the division lead.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Carolina would be in the division lead.
    Right and I guess would have clinched if they beat the Bucs next week?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I listened to the game yesterday while driving to Durham. We got out of the car near the end of the third, and Carolina was seemingly well on its way to victory.
    Tuned back in just in time to hear Darnold cough up the ball, and ensure the loss.
    I feel bad for the rest of the team, and hope that Wilks is given a serious look at keeping his job. We need a fresh start at QB though, and this is a great year to make that happen. Darnold proved (again) that he's not the answer.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Darnold is never the answer, unless the question is 'Who has the lowest quarterback rating in the NFL?' or some other similar question.

Darnold was decent yesterday. The last fumble wasn’t really his fault; he got nailed while trying to throw. O-line protection wasn’t great. Brady was obviously better but that’s to be expected.

Wilks did an amazing job after taking over. I thought these guys were headed for 1-15, and if TB’s punter hadn’t made an incredible pooch punt on a botched snap, the Panthers might well have won the game and maybe the division.

For a variety of reasons, Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    For a variety of reasons, Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for this.
    Why do you think Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for hiring Frank Reich?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Why do you think Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for hiring Frank Reich?
    I assume because Wilks overachieved while losing his top two QBs and All Pro RB?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I assume because Wilks overachieved while losing his top two QBs and All Pro RB?
    That is the primary reason. And there is a big push to hire minority coaches and he had one in house.

Okay, but beating Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans is decent, but not particularly impressive. And losing the top two QBs doesn’t mean a whole lot when the drop-off isn’t very steep. It’s not like they lost Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes.

But yeah, I can see the argument for giving Wilks a 2-3 year opportunity. I wasn’t against it. I was kind of ambivalent, just like I am about Reich.

I actually wanted the Panthers to get Sean Payton. Well, that is if the Cowboys weren’t going to fire Mike McCarthy and hire Payton. That was — and still is — my dream scenario.

Okay, but beating Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans is decent, but not particularly impressive. And losing the top two QBs doesn’t mean a whole lot when the drop-off isn’t very steep. It’s not like they lost Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes.

But yeah, I can see the argument for giving Wilks a 2-3 year opportunity. I wasn’t against it. I was kind of ambivalent, just like I am about Reich.

I actually wanted the Panthers to get Sean Payton. Well, that is if the Cowboys weren’t going to fire Mike McCarthy and hire Payton. That was — and still is — my dream scenario.
    I mean, I think your question was why would this hire make the owner unpopular - players seemed to love him and I think most Panthers fans were really into him too.

It may prove to be a good hire, but that's why Tepper will certainly hear about it from the fans for a bit regardless.

I mean, I think your question was why would this hire make the owner unpopular - players seemed to love him and I think most Panthers fans were really into him too.

It may prove to be a good hire, but that's why Tepper will certainly hear about it from the fans for a bit regardless.
    Of course my original question was only tangentially related to where I took this. You know me. 😜

I like the Reich hire; he is my wife’s cousin. He told me many years ago that he was a Duke fan, and actually applied for the Duke HC job back in the day. I wonder if he’d consider it in the future if it opened up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    I like the Reich hire; he is my wife’s cousin. He told me many years ago that he was a Duke fan, and actually applied for the Duke HC job back in the day. I wonder if he’d consider it in the future if it opened up again.
    May that be a long, long time.

Is anyone paying attention to the unbelievable coaching staff the Panthers are putting together?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Is anyone paying attention to the unbelievable coaching staff the Panthers are putting together?
    No, I haven’t heard anything — other than head coach Reich.

What’s your take on the staff thus far?

No, I haven’t heard anything — other than head coach Reich.

What’s your take on the staff thus far?
    Pest Panther staff ever and one of the best ever assembled in the whole NFL